• ✍️ WORDS ✍️

Welcome Guest!

• Words Moderators: Mysterier

Finding a word/term

Abject

Bluelighter
I'm not sure whether someone has coined a term for this, but I'm assuming there must be one (by now)
Is there an adjective for somebody who is clearly high/affected by drugs but genuinely thinks/insists they're sober, or much less affected than they are?
Surely there's a term for this and it's been bugging me that I'm unaware

How does this belong in words?
Put it in NPD if you don't want it in BDD

Can you show me some other threads in words asking for specific terms?

Yes, that's the exact quality I am referring to. Surely there's been a term coined for this?

No but you could have had the thread closed and it wasn't

Thanks
BtS

generally psychotic people aren't aware they are in psychosis, but that doesn't describe what you're going for

losing awareness of your intoxication could probably be summed up as being "inebriated, much to my chagrin" or "unaware intoxication".

I don't think a single word can really do it.

When I'm strung out I'm either too high for my own good and know it or I'm coming down and in WD, bad.

At least that's how I've personally used the term.

there's

punch-drunk
/ˈpənCHˌdrəNGk/
adjective
stupefied by or as if by a series of heavy blows to the head.

Doesn't necessarily imply unaware intoxication, but it could?

When I'm strung out I'm either too high for my own good and know it or I'm coming down and in WD, bad.

At least that's how I've personally used the term.

Yeah, it may be a regional thing. From Urban Dictionary:
strung out

When after continuous drug use, a user feels like they're not high despite being heavily impaired, resulting in continued heavy drug dosing. Easily observed by the impairment, physical deterioration and continued dosing of the user.

Most definitions I've read though, it just means wasted.