• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

My decision to quit Kratom

sonicwhite

Bluelighter
Ok guys I?ve been in Kratom tolerance for a few days. I?ve been dosing just to starve off the withdrawals.

I?m coming to my wits end. I?ve never experienced Kratom withdrawal but I?ve never done it for so long 1 month without a break.

So today after deciding that the Kratom is hurting me I?m deciding to quit.

I already have massive anxiety and my head seems foggy. I?m starting to just lay in bed.
Megaton can I expect from withdrawals and how long given the amount I?ve taken how long should it last?

How much kratom have you been taking? The withdrawal symptoms are strain dependent in my experience, so they have been different every time. I don't remember which symptoms came from what strain honestly but if you tell me what strain you are using maybe I can remember. In the past I have experienced nausea, vomiting, headaches, restless legs, depression and anxiety. Basically normal opiate symptoms. The withdrawal usually only lasts 3 to 5 days for me.

I went thru 1300 grams of green Meang da in two weeks and went thru 1 pound of red in about two more weeks. Talk about going over the edge.

I wouldn?t even feel the Kratom anymore. Just tried to starve off the withdrawals.

All I feel is muscle pain and anxiety. I have more coming in but I want to be able to take it in moderation. Not go overboard like I just did.

I don?t know if anyone going thru that much in that little space of time.

I envy those who can break from it and allow their selves to wash out. Unfortunately I deal with massive anxiety that stems from my PURE O OCS.

I?m diagnosed PTSD OCD, GAD, MAJOR DEPRESSION W PSYCHOTIC FEATURES. PANIC DISORDER. And insomnia. I don?t have the luxury of benzos anymore so I do what I have to to get by. At least where I live Kratom is legal for now. Still nothing like coming off of 90 Lortab and 90 Perces in thirty days.

Well guys I think it?s not going to be as bad as I thought it would. Like I said it?s mostly bad muscles tension and aches.

That is a lot of kratom to go through in one month. With that said, it's hard to tell how long your withdrawal is going to last. I'll be honest, I have been through it but not at those doses. If I were you since you bave more kratom coming in I would probably taper down.

If you aren't sure of the amount you have been taking exactly maybe take just enough to not feel like you are dying and dose as needed. Eventually your tolerance will lower, then you can keep taking lower doses until you are taking next to nothing and jump off.

I've never tapered like that with kratom before but since you were taking so much and you have more on the way, this might be a good option for you.

No idea. Contemplated trying it before but never went through with it.

Glad I didn't sounds like I'd be hooked for sure. Anyways I applaud your efforts to quit.

Those are some serious sounding issues. Have you ever looked into methods of relief/healing that don't involve taking psychoactives?

Herbal medicine might have remedies that aren't as addictive like as a plant like kratom that can ease your ailments however I am in no position to recommend any for you.

I mean a lengthy discussion would be needed to understand more about your issues. Unfortunately many "experts" push synthetic compounds for profit so not sure where the help/relief is for you right now.

I hope you find wellness and peace of mind one day and best wishes with quitting kratom!

I was addicted to kratom for a long time, before eventually moving to stronger opiates. Kratom withdrawal, especially from high/frequent doses (I was doing like 50 grams a day, for years though) doesn't make me feel as soul-dead as full opiates do, but the restlessness is worse. I've cold turkeyed it probably 5 times, it's generally mostly over in 5-7 days, with the 2nd and 3rd being the worst.

I see. Well to me it?s not that bad. Just restlessness and muscle pain. Insomnia can be bad if I?m craving it.

I have clonidine and it does help but I really can just stop.

My main symptom is morning anxiety. I was on klonopin since 2010-2017.

Then I would buy Xanax cuz I was so fearful that I was going to go through withdrawal like I did when I was yanked off three mg a day.

Fortunately it didn?t happen that way.

My cure for benzo withdrawals was not to engage in talk about my symptoms. I just forgot all about it. Now I was deal with the normal anxiety I deal with that stems from my Pure O OCD. I?m thankful I got off of it.

So just keep in touch. It does get better.

Ok guys I?ve been in Kratom tolerance for a few days. I?ve been dosing just to starve off the withdrawals.

I?m coming to my wits end. I?ve never experienced Kratom withdrawal but I?ve never done it for so long 1 month without a break.

So today after deciding that the Kratom is hurting me I?m deciding to quit.

I already have massive anxiety and my head seems foggy. I?m starting to just lay in bed.
Megaton can I expect from withdrawals and how long given the amount I?ve taken how long should it last?

I tried using kratom to finish my taper of Suboxone after many years on it. Thought that, since K is much shorter-acting, the w/d would be at least shorter, if not easier to tolerate. I never quite reached my goal, and decided to stay on Sub, if I can find a way. (My doctor is retiring and I live in a fairly small town with a dearth of providers.) So I only take the kratom to supplement my Sub, since I'm on a tiny dose of that. I got a lot of anxiety, muscle cramps, and restless legs trying to quit both. I think if I'd come all the way off the Sub, then started tapering off the kratom, I could have done it. But I'm a big wuss about pain and w/d. I also have a lot of health problems that are impacted whenever I go into withdrawal, and I don't have a normal immune system, so it can be actually dangerous for me to go into w/d. Good luck to you. You really should only have serious symptoms for 3 days at the most.