• REAGENT TESTING & DRUG CHECKING Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Featured Link 1 Featured Link 2
  • RT&DC Moderators: arrall

Adderall?

PandaVii

Bluelighter
Hey guys so I recently was prescribed 10mg xr adderall. Iv been needing some extra motivation to do anything, so Iv been crushing up 60mgs at a time and taking it orally. However I?m seeing no real effects, I?m still just as sluggish and sometimes I end up just falling asleep. The only thing I?ve noticed is the comedown I?m anxious and my heart seems like it?s pounding but that?s nothing I can?t handle. I?m just wondering if this is normal or if I?m expecting more ?dope? like effects that aren?t going to be happening? How do you personally feel on adderall and is there a high I should be noticing or a better way to take this adderall for better results? Any info helps. Thanks bluelight family ❤️

Hey Panda, hope you are doing well!

60 mg of Instant Release is a large dose if you're not trying to get recreationally high and based on the prescription being 10 mg I would asssume it's still a pretty large dose for extended release. I think the reason you're not getting the feeling you're expecting is because of the extended-release and probably tolerance as well. The extended release will make sure the concentration of adderall in your body doesn't spike fast enough to get a "rush" and the tolerance you have probably makes the psychoactive effects less noticeable. I wouldn't recommend continuing or increasing your doses as you have said you're heart is beating very fast, which besides being harmful is a sign that the medication is working as intended and that you're tolerance might be in the way of the perceived effects.

As far as effects on adderall, they are definitely noticeable (energy, excitement, interest in everything) but they aren't like smoking weed or even drinking where you might have some visual changes or strong body feelings.

Hope this helps a bit.

Edit: So I saw your other post and I don't think you will be able to achieve the same effects of a much stronger stimulant with adderall, this is just my opinion though someone else might feel otherwise.

That does help a lot thank you, I figured since I was crushing the bbs inside that it was turning it directly into instant release? I agree though maybe I am expecting too much of an effect of a stronger stimulant to notice the effects of adderall. I do appreciate you help and advice. I just wish I knew how to get out of this slump. I?m a very creative person and have a lot of things I want to do but once I get down to it I have no interest in fallowing through and it?s starting to irritate me ☹️☹️ Hopefully I will get my inspiration back

That does help a lot thank you, I figured since I was crushing the bbs inside that it was turning it directly into instant release? I agree though maybe I am expecting too much of an effect of a stronger stimulant to notice the effects of adderall. I do appreciate you help and advice. I just wish I knew how to get out of this slump. I?m a very creative person and have a lot of things I want to do but once I get down to it I have no interest in fallowing through and it?s starting to irritate me ☹️☹️ Hopefully I will get my inspiration back
I definitely understand the feeling of wanting to do so much, but having trouble starting or finding where to start. Recently, I have found that my confidence in my self plays a large part in my productivity. Often I feel paralyzed by fear of failing or fear of making a commitment I don't want, but when I'm in a good mood and feel confident, it's like the world just falls into place. Now being confident isn't easy when I focus on the negatives in my life: not finishing college, no significant other, drug use, not feeling like I have accomplished anything that betters the world around me, etc., but it tends to happen when I focus on the small, but good things I have done that make me happy: places I have been, stories I have, friends I've made. I guess what I am trying to say is that if you feel paralyzed or unmotivated, just try not to think about the negative too much, trust yourself, and keep moving forward because you've made it this far and that's a HUGE accomplishment in itself.

Hey guys so I recently was prescribed 10mg xr adderall. Iv been needing some extra motivation to do anything, so Iv been crushing up 60mgs at a time and taking it orally. However I?m seeing no real effects, I?m still just as sluggish and sometimes I end up just falling asleep. The only thing I?ve noticed is the comedown I?m anxious and my heart seems like it?s pounding but that?s nothing I can?t handle. I?m just wondering if this is normal or if I?m expecting more ?dope? like effects that aren?t going to be happening? How do you personally feel on adderall and is there a high I should be noticing or a better way to take this adderall for better results? Any info helps. Thanks bluelight family ❤️

Hey PandaVii, I hate to point this out, but first, you are seriously messing with a tolerance you may or may not have yet. By tolerance, I don't mean if you can "handle" the amount of the drug or not, I mean using high dose amphetamine for any length of time. It could be 2 weeks, 6 months, or ? What worsens it is if your fairly new to amphetamines. It won't help if you already have a real tolerance.

Here's one for you. ADD treatment is at the minimum a medicine and non drug combination treatment. Now, you might have too many distractions happening currently, so it makes the medication appear not to work as well as it should. There is the chance you used to abuse Adderall. That whould explain tolerance. If thats the case your SOL for a while. You may have simply been prescribed too low a dose. Way better then over prescribed.

Needing extra energy, is the wrong reason to take the medicine at all.

How long have you used amphetamines, ballpark lifetime? That would get you an answer quicker.

Afa as what effects you should notice, in my experience with amphetamine, I know when it's working when everything is sharp(er). I notice more detail, hours go by just because I'm busy focusing. Taking 60 mg at once is too much. That is the suggested maximum total daily dosage for IR Adderall. I just read an article that suggests that a lower dose overall will allow you to get more done. YMMV.

How often do you dose? You shouldn't have a racing heart and anxiety. Those are 2 overdose factors.

The more you take will make the crash worse btw.

Eat some vitamin C and make sure your are drinking fluids like water or Gatorade. Also, eat something healthy. A smallsh portion will work.if you keep dosing, you simply will keep increasing the negative effects. Also read the search engine for numerous related threads.

I suggest you tell your doctor that it doesn't work for you. Abusing will only ruin a low tolerance and overall,destroy your body.

Last edited:
I just read an article that suggests that a lower dose overall will allow you to get more done. YMMV.

I had a similar experience with this in the last few days actually, although with methylphenidate. I found that 20 mg was enough to wake me up and have me focused, i worked for about 5 hours easily. The next day I took 40 mg, thinking it would help and I'd have a little more fun. I was wrong. While I was definitely stimulated, I couldn't concentrate on anything. I literally watched youtube videos for like 6 hours because everytime I tried to start something I would immediately lose interest. I was totally aware of it happening, I just decided to wait it out.