• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Starting suboxone NEED HELP!

opiatehateorlove

Greenlighter
Hey let me start by saying hello here. Well ive been using for about a year and stopped for a while, went to jail and had too. Came home and got wrapped right back up in the crap. Im not going to make the post crazy long but i started suboxone today and im not sure what went wrong. I think i went int precip wd but can be wrong as ive never had it happen before. I took a 2mg of suboxone today, 24 hours after my last dose of heroin and i felt OK for like 20 min then right back to wd symptoms so i figured i needed more. I waited an hour and took 2mg more and IMMEDIATELY regretted this choice. Anyone who has taken suboxone and went into precip knows what i mean. if not picture regular withdrawals at their worse times 1000 lol. I read online i should take more and it will stop. In total today i have taken 10mg. Its been about 12 now since that happened and im just feeling OK all this time later. Still alot of anxiety but manageable at this point. My question is can I take more sub tomorrow and try again or do I need to wait longer. Ive read a TON of posts on here but the info seems to say multiple things. So someone please help me out. I have a 4 year old daughter and just had a newborn son and its time for me to move past this for my babies and for my own sanity so i DONT want to go back to taking my doc. I planed to do a taper on the suboxone so if someone can link me to a manageable taper that isnt too fast but also isnt ridiculously long, id be GREATLY appreciative. Thanks for any input on the matter! I look forward to finally joining the community.

24 hours after your last dose you should be fine, weird. and you only took 2mg? an hour later you took another 2mg?

ime, you can take up to 2mg bupe every 2 hours and not get precip, even if its only a few hours after your last shot, or 1mg/hour works too. after the 24 hour point i've always been fine taking 4mg at once (maybe even 8mg), but i always try to keep 2 hours in between doses if i can during the transition period on to bupe. next time just try to keep at least 2 hours in between your bupe doses. if you want to be really cautious you can do 2mg every 2 hours until you feel ok, for the first few days. after a couple days you should be fine taking larger doses all at once.

Yea it really depends on a lot of things. But I'm you should definitely take more sub. Right now your body wants to fight it. It's normal to still have lingering cravings and anxiety for the first few days on suboxone. Other than that you should feel somewhat okay. Definitely manageable and not sick. For me I was also really sensitive to cold weather for the first few days. Even when it was warm, I would constantly sweat but I would be really cold and get chills. But it was all manageable. Just keep taking more subs. You wanna get your system used to it. Obviously don't take too much tho. And if you want a good taper you should watch this video. It's a long taper but if you can get yourself too a low dose quick enough then you can basically just follow the last few steps in the video and it should only take about a month depending on you but honestly a taper is best done slowely. Whatever you decide to do, I recommend you watch the entire video and listen to everything he says. Thanks and good luck. Sincerely Blue.