Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Long Haul Flight Day after MDMA use

contourboarder

Greenlighter
Hi,

New to the forum , so I'm sorry if something similar has been asked before but could not find anything.

I am going to a concert in a couple weeks and I would like to roll for the second time at it. The concert should run until about 4 am and then I have to be at the airport 3 hours later at 7 am for an 11 hour flight.

My question: is it reckless to roll the night before such a long flight or is it really not an issue at all? The main thing I am worried about is being susceptible to illness while I am on the flight and then potentially being sick for my trip. The first time I rolled I had a great experience but was a little sick when I did it and then became violently ill for a week and half afterwards.

Any advice on this would be much appreciated. If I don't roll I would plan on just taking a 40mg vyvanse which I have down for concerts before.

Last edited:
Well I would have said that you might just feel absolutely knackered after all the travel etc. .............. but as you had a very bad time on your first experience I suspect you're maybe risking a repeat. Could you put your previous sickness down to harbouring an infection or nursing a cold/flu? If not then might it not be best to give it a miss and experiment when you don't have such a demanding schedule. If it's real MDMA then unless you are one of those people who have an atypical reaction then you should be OK. But maybe you are one of those people - a week and a half is a hell of a long recovery time. An 11 hour flight is a real test of resilience.

I was sick before I took the MDMA, i had a mild case of the flu I was recovering from but was not better from it and it came back worse

I was sick before I took the MDMA, i had a mild case of the flu I was recovering from but was not better from it and it came back worse
OK ....... I've taken MDMA while I've had a cold brewing and it definitely made it worse by a good margin. I keep in rude health so am very aware of subtle changes - I never take E now when I'm going down with something. I think you maybe have your answer =D

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1782451/
Go to:
ABSTRACT
Drug abuse is a global problem of considerable concern to health. One such health concern stems from the fact that many drugs of abuse have immunosuppressive actions and consequently have the potential to increase susceptibility to infectious disease. This article is focused on the impact of the amphetamine derivative, methylenedioxymethamphetamine (MDMA; ‘Ecstasy’) on immunity. Research conducted over the last 5 years, in both laboratory animals and humans, has demonstrated that MDMA has immunosuppressive actions. Specifically, MDMA suppresses neutrophil phagocytosis, suppresses production of the pro-inflammatory cytokines tumour necrosis factor-α (TNF-α) and interleukin (IL)-1β, and increases production of the endogenous immunosuppressive cytokine (IL-10), thereby promoting an immunosuppressive cytokine phenotype. MDMA also suppresses circulating lymphocyte numbers, with CD4+ T cells being particularly affected, and alters T-cell function as indicated by reduced mitogen-stimulated T-cell proliferation, and a skewing of T-cell cytokine production in a T helper 2 (Th2) direction. For the most part, the aforementioned effects of MDMA are not the result of a direct action of the drug on immune cells, but rather caused by the release of endogenous immunomodulatory substances. Consequently, the physiological mechanisms that are thought to underlie the immunosuppressive effects of MDMA will be discussed. As many of the physiological changes elicited by MDMA closely resemble those induced by acute stress, it is suggested that exposure to MDMA could be regarded as a ‘chemical stressor’ on the immune system. Finally, the potential of MDMA-induced immunosuppression to translate into significant health risks for abusers of the drug will be discussed.

Personnally, I would avoid going through airport security during the comedown of MDMA. I would need some time in a calm place, not going in public.

......... and given the amount of exposure to other people's germs through the proximity to them in an enclosed space (let alone the recycled air being forced on you) coupled with the immunosuppressive effect so frighteningly well articulated above ......

......... and given the amount of exposure to other people's germs through the proximity to them in an enclosed space (let alone the recycled air being forced on you) coupled with the immunosuppressive effect so frighteningly well articulated above ......

It's not only the germs. For me, the morning after mdma means after-party, easy time to relax, ideally some ketamine. Not crowded places and responsabilities!

Sounds like it best for me to enjoy this show without the MDMA then, thank you everyone for the responses