• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Walmart pharmacy implements new opioid restrictions

If you look at teh map showing the mean number of MME's-morphine mg equivalents prescribed throughout the US, Northern Cali/ Southern Oregon has about 4x the amount that So Ca has. I'd stay North of Fresno till this knee jerk BS calms down if you're happy with the med care you're getting.

i had never looked at that map, interesting though. I wonder what causes such variation within the same state.

If you look at teh map showing the mean number of MME's-morphine mg equivalents prescribed throughout the US, Northern Cali/ Southern Oregon has about 4x the amount that So Ca has. I'd stay North of Fresno till this knee jerk BS calms down if you're happy with the med care you're getting. The 5 mile restriction is a creative rule they came up with for CII scripts they feel you don't need. 6 months earlier they were filling 200 Percs from the same doctor without anything more than rolling their eyes..

upon closer inspection, my area is super light blue, but my med is only hydrocodone, 100 per month. i have had no problems and not even a dirty look from pharmacy employees. I'm sure if it was oxy i'd have problems.

when i was prescribed fent in florida i was treated like a child rapist

as much as i hate walmart they arey only pharm to supply consitinently neeledles without a script, 10 for 3 or a 100 for 10 in mex

upon closer inspection, my area is super light blue, but my med is only hydrocodone, 100 per month. i have had no problems and not even a dirty look from pharmacy employees. I'm sure if it was oxy i'd have problems.

when i was prescribed fent in florida i was treated like a child rapist
I'm In fl I got really worried when my doc wanted wanted to switch me to bupe or fent patches but they reconsidered. I don't understand why this opiate hysteria is causing docs to push fent patches more.

From what I gather patches are extremely easy for someone with "reckless drug seeking behavior" by just putting it in their mouth and chewing on it. Not that my doc considers me at risk but in the past have had shit happen to me that was out of my control like when a script got thrown out by accident. Even though they believed me I'm sure in the records I have a check for that script that had to be replaced

As far as the electronic part, in some states it?s law. In Iowa ALL narcotic pain meds have to be electronically sent by prescribing Dr. the reasoning is because of people tempering with the written prescription

My dr has warned me that she can’t replace it even if the RX is thrown out or stolen.and I have to get a paper RX every month... funny how the laws are so different everywhere

In some place it's a matter of law. Got this insert with my last set of refills. It just seems to me a huge giveaway to the pharmacies that does nothing for harm reduction.

25ezq0j.jpg

Exactly, how in the hell is this move contributing to making inroads in the supposed "opioid crisis" (damn, it pains me to even say those words)? Just another way for them to make more money and to make legitimate pain patients jump through more hoops. Like they've got nothing better to do than to run back and forth to freakin' Walmart! And for the bonus round Alex, they can hold themselves up as self righteous as all get-out because wow, they're doing everything they can to tackle this "epidemic"! Boy oh boy, what a crock of shit! Please pardon my language but as you can tell, this stuff really gets under my skin, big time!

My dr has warned me that she can’t replace it even if the RX is thrown out or stolen.and I have to get a paper RX every month... funny how the laws are so different everywhere

I had to come more often/get tested more often temporally. I had a good track record as far as pill counts/tests and had extenuating circumstances surrounding it getting lost which is why I an exception was made. I was assured that it would never happen again.
If anything else comes up I may be screwed regardless of my doc's personal feelings because of red flags from non-issues. These days allot of compassionate docs hands are getting tied by all this bs. I would like to relocate to at least another part of the state in the near future but am scared about switching doctors/pharmacies.

Just curious in places were narcotic scripts are required to be electronic has it worked out for the better? Are patients being turned away from pharmacies less due to the fact the pharmacists is getting the confirmation directly from the doc?

My scripts were all electronic and when they turn you away for discretion or "out of stock" or whatever reason, the scrip has to be re-sent by the prescribing doctor, which isn't exactly appreciated. That and you have to find a pharm that will fill BEFORE having it sent, which some places won't do because of "Drug Robbers" checking stock, so they want your doctors office to call for you.

Then certain pharmacies made the rule that they have to call and verify electronic oxycodone scripts, even though there's a rotating DEA E-code for CII scripts that changes every 90 seconds, my doctor has the E-code reciever on his keychain for security. If the code is off from the time sent then it's flagged as a forgery. It's like they're the Nuke launch codes or something.
It really is a circus.

My scripts were all electronic and when they turn you away for discretion or "out of stock" or whatever reason, the scrip has to be re-sent by the prescribing doctor, which isn't exactly appreciated. That and you have to find a pharm that will fill BEFORE having it sent, which some places won't do because of "Drug Robbers" checking stock, so they want your doctors office to call for you.

Then certain pharmacies made the rule that they have to call and verify electronic oxycodone scripts, even though there's a rotating DEA E-code for CII scripts that changes every 90 seconds, my doctor has the E-code reciever on his keychain for security. If the code is off from the time sent then it's flagged as a forgery. It's like they're the Nuke launch codes or something.
It really is a circus.

I had no idea things have gotten this crazy. I mean codes ever changing, hung around the doctor's neck, are you freaking kidding me? And every 90 seconds, damn! And from what I read above, this is being done for oxycodone scripts, geez what the hell would they want to do with my oxymorphone script? Maybe change the code every 30 seconds, haha. What the hell are things coming to? Seems to me that somewhere along the line they've forgotten these are actually patients with crippling pain in many instances! UFB!

Looking at that map, I have to laugh! My doctor is in a pure black county, my pharmacy in light blue... Gotta say that as the shit storm that is Jeffey comes down the pipe, the worst things are getting in that blue. So many arguments if you ask me...

When was the last time Jeffey saw my med chart so that he knows what I need to be able to walk each day?
Why is it that my doctor (who does have my chart) doesn't know what I need, but my pharmacy (who doesn't) does?

What do they think this 'crisis' will actually achieve? Like someone else mentioned, it seems to me it is just making it easier to be treated on the corner by some hooded thug than at the doctor's office after paying shit tons of money to see her!! I'm so sick of the government deciding that it knows what I need.

PLEASE, CONTINUE TO KEEP YOUR LAWS OFF MY BODY!

All these new opioid restrictions and chaos is not going to work in the general publics favor...

By making it harder for people to obtain scripts, it only going to make the problem worse.

Instead of obtaining narcs legally and (for the most part) safely, people who are addicted are going to begin sourcing there drugs elsewhere. Outsourced drugs from dealers and not always safe, and often times contain impure and/or laced with other substances.

This is not to mention that people may switch to other drugs such as H that are easier and cheaper to obtain from dealers.

In short: all these new regulations and laws and only going to cause an increase in the illegal drug trade and an increase in deaths from ODs.

^ agreed but the elected officials are too stupid to look at data and make evidence based decisions. The people running the show believe a woman were created from a rib of a man. --you expect them to read reports and look at statistics?

the people electing them are 10x dumber. Western society is utterly fucked until academics, scientists, economists....people that have conducted research in their respective field and understand data are the ones in congress.

As long as bible thumpers that "maybe" when to law school to learn how to write briefs and study law (a field which i respect but has nothing to do with analyzing data and making informed decisions)

The new Florida law is meaningless. I just had my ex pick up a controlled substance script and all she needed to do it was know my address and birthday. I don't think she even showed ID.