• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health I am a diagnosed schizophrenic amongst other diagnosis. Would anyone like to ask me

beagleboy

Bluelighter
White male 37yo. Have had a few very good semesters at community college. Am currently trying to get my ssi benefits back after spending 13 months in jail for drug possession. I am currently working part time as a dishwasher while waiting for my ssi benefits to restart. Probably next month. I mind my business at work, and work hard. The employers like me.

So, I originally searched the mental health thread looking to see if my schizophrenia symptoms ere like others people?s.
I recently, like 6 months ago started to take zyprexa andnprozac. I was losing my mind in a southern jail. It?s real rough for a New Yorker who?s listens to national public radio and isn?t obsessed with meth. The dr started me on it and with in 10 days I feel like I did when I was doing very well in my teens. In the past I didn?t even try taking my meds constantly I would use my moms help as a Physicians Assistant and get diagnosis?s from a few of her friends saying that I havevadhd and anxiety. I abused adderall and Xanax for probably 10 years. It was not a smart move and I regret it now. I should have used made something a little better out of my young life.

I tried Scientologist ?Dianetics, the modern science of mental health?. I took all the necessary courses through the church and became a licensed ?Auditor?. Auditor means ?one who listens?. I never suffered any real trauma in the past like fighting in war or being raped or suffered from a real loss or had a shitty life, so I decided to use Dianetics to make myself educated, able to process information in school and the world around me faster. Scientology says that it?s courses free you of past minor troubles and makes you happier as a direct result.
As a lover of psychedelics in my youth I was jumping for joy when I found the Founder L. Ron Hubbard was a lover of LSD and it?s rumored back in the day it?s members used it alot with Hubbard. The Churches official stance on LSD is that it is dangerous and you can?t join their para-military Naval themed Sea-Organization if youve ever used lsd. You are ineligible to join sea org if you have ever had a relationship with a psychiatrist. Scientology absolutely hates psychiatrists and orders it member to avoid them at all cost. They also persuade all its new members to throw out their meds. Saying that Dianetics the modern science of mental health makes you well. So no need for psyche meds. As a volunteer minister for the church I would go on marches and protest the overmedication of schoolchildren. We wanted to inform people about the dangers of psychiatrict drugs. Some people thought what we were doing could be important. Of course we got absolutely stupid and crazy people that you could tell hated our guts for ?trying to take their mess away?.
I was really impressed with some of their crazier courses. Scientology in their books say that when it?s members go out to a club or bar your sussposed to ?exteriorize outside your body for an overhead view, like hallucinations behind your eyes?. I can remember the first day in college the Professor of Psychology 101 would ask students about what they they do in bars and ask ?how does energy drinks work?. The professor also asked if anyone is a Scientologist and I spoke for about 5 minutes explaining how you would become a member and what the Church would offer a person that already maybe is quite high functioning already.
Scientology even has courses where you can learn to do drugs bettwr. Seriously. Like street drugs. Drugs are mind altering substances and it?s users if not careful can get pretty messed up in the head. The church says that alcohol is not good for when your a student at Scientology because it is a depressant and makes it hard to recall things.
L Ron Hubbard use to give his son dextrometh and encourage him to tell science fiction and other stories and his dad would later use them. L Ron says that Laughing Gas ( nitrous) has a bad rap because people like to treat patients that are high on it not so good. You?ve probably seen videos on tv or YouTube about people acting real fucked up coming home from the dentists.

Last edited:
Right now, since I don’t have health insurance I go to a really cheap mental health clinic for meds. I am going to get my Prozac increased from 20mg. I remember when I first started to feel it’s effects. It made life tolerable. I felt really happy. And the zyprexa is a “mood stabilizer “? I need to take something to make my schizophrenia symptoms go away.
My symptoms are racing thoughts and I use to think that everyone was talking about me sort of. When your mentaly ill these things are very real. That’s why I started this thread, to talk with others about what their symptoms, diagnosis and treatment is.

Oh yea, due to all the 72hr psyche ward stays, I was diagnosed with schizophrenia. My grandma had really bad schizophrenia also. No one else in my family takes psyche meds. I don’t really know if I agree that I have schizophrenia. I should mention that from the time I was 17 until I was 28 yo I was addicted to crack cocaine. It was like a living nightmare. And I’ve got 9 years relatively clean from crack.

Last edited:
Bert do you have Marchman Acts in your state? It is forced rehab for people using drugs. And they make you pay for the shoddy treatment with your own money.
It takes one relative or two friends to call the cops and snitch you out. In NY we don’t have Marchman Acts