• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Android - SNES Emulator - Help!

Lorne???

Bluelight Crew
Hey hope this is in the ballpark, however I need a preferably quick to download SNES Emulator for Android - Snesx does not work (or downloaded, yet keeps displaying a BL k screen when loading games)

For now, I want to play Final Fantasy 4, Low level or possibly Ultra Low level, and May finally give Chrono Trigger challenge a try, with Lvl 1 Crono - Don?t have SNES at the moment, and you need an Emulator to play the true Final Fantasy 4 (Translation) or FF5, which haven?t beaten yet (beaten Chrono and FF4 more than once OT) Can?t really get a good
conn until we (eventually) move, nd have never used a phone/Android for this purpose. Never had trouble on PC or laptop, IIRC. Just a compatible Emulator - oddly enough, NES Emulator seems to work fine, am
over midway through FF3,(a kind of refresher and fun) and am considering Low Level run on the Original Final Fantasy

Beating the last part with LvL 8 and 9 Characters, though, oh man, and can?t even really use White Mage(Fighter/Thief/Bl and W Mage is classic party, if you play, Low Level is a pair of Fighters, and Red * or Black mage (Lost data or something on NES cart

Anyway am babbling, however help or a point in right direction would help (hopefully can find game pad meantime for other games - Thank You if you read this and for any response, and feel free to move it - Lorne

What type of phone do you use ? sometimes I have had the same problem using my Galaxy J3 Prime. Some Emulator's work on it, while on the other hand my Note 5 runs pretty much anything I throw at it.

I use Snes9x Ex+

You said that snesx doesn't work, maybe try a different version?

Last edited:
Wish I had more to add Lorne, but I've never used android and am not that familiar with emulators in general. I've always been more into collecting all the original games and playing them in their original form.

but I'm sure someone will read this who will be able to help if you don't get it figured out yourself. :)

Well me too, however my NES is getting so old, that Final Fantasy randomly erases it's games, and even some of the Mario games are tricky ( and the Original SMB2, known as the "Lost Levels in All Stars, was not released in the US for being too difficult, + similar

Snes works pretty good, and have a decent collection, though friend has it, and doesn't seem to fully understand the value

The main problem is that the Original Final Fantasy 4(released as "FF2" in the US) is not available on the Snes; only Super Famicom afaik - Those don't know, the American version was toned down, most status items were removed and simply replaced with "Heal", and even some spells were removed!( Like Basuna/ Dispel) and characters learn spells at lower levels (earlier) - so Final Fantasy 4 is where it's at, and also Final Fantasy 5 was NEVER released in the US

For any FF fans, an gonna try and beat the original with the party at lvl ~ 9, just can't settle on a party (Red Mage is certainly more balanced, although My Classic line-up is Fighter, Thief, Bl Mage and of course, White Mage, probably the most underrated character, along with Thief (although he becomes Ninja)

Low Level Line Ups:

Fighter, Thief, Fighter, Red Mage/ upgraded forms

Same as above, except replace Red with Black Mage/Wizard

Off topic, still welcome to suggestions, and should be back

Thanks - Lorne