• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

A comedown that is starting to worry me

kdh

Greenlighter
So Im a first timer for MDMA, taken on the passing weekend on Saturday and it is now Monday as I write this. For one, I was extremely careless in the way I went about taking it, not dividing dosages and having an extremely high amount, (I was recommended 100mg, I would prefer not to state how much it was unless it is completely necessary for someone to understand the condition I'm in).

Perhaps Im worrying a lot more than I should be, but I figured it's pretty acceptable considering it was my first time.

So onto the condition, it has probably been about 48 hours since I consumed it and I am experiencing a few issues with my vision. After looking up the comedown after effects and I seemed to relate to a few things that people were saying, but I wanted to explain it myself to someone so I can know if it is much of an issue or just patience. For one, I spent a lot of time of my high outside while the sun was still reasonably out in fields and grass as such, instead of in a party, the offer was there for it so I said why not. At the time, the green and yellow of the fields began to take a toll on my vision, and all whites began to appear as green and yellow. This is the effect that has died down the most, but I still notice it every now and again. That is the only issue that has persisted that was within the high since I rolled and I just assumed myself that it is something that will eventually wear off. However in the coming hours after the night and going into the evening, I found it difficult to distinguish certain colours such as green, and instead there were just grey blotches across said coloured objects. As well as this, my vision has generally just become very blurred and it has become extremely difficult to focus on certain things before they become distorted or even just disappear behind a blurry blind spot. If an example, it has become quite hard to read a lot of things unless I am close to the object, and on screens such as my phone or PC, I can only read by trying not to focus on what Im reading. Shapes and faces have also been hard to identify since the high.

I apologise if this was long winded, in the wrong forum category or generally just a bit irritant as it can obviously be seen that I am pretty worried, but I am likely too young to be getting involved in Class A's so soon, but it was my first time and I probably won't do it again for a while, and if I do it will be in much lower dosage. I'd just like to know if this is normal for a so say high dosage for a first timer and how long it will persist for. If it is n't normal, is there anything I can do about it?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Hello, welcome to BL!

What you experienced is something quite unique and unlikely to occur from MDMA comedown. Looks like you might have developped HPPD (Hallucinogen Persisting Perception Disorder). Although rare, it might be possible depending on how high of a dose you took. Remember that around 10% of the MDMA gets metabolized into MDA in the liver, and MDA is much more psychedelic than MDMA. So unless you took a full gram of MDMA in one instance, the MDA won't have much effect at below threshold quantities.

I actually had something not so far off what you are experiencing on my first MDMA use (around 150mg pure crystals), I used to have the halo effects, visual artifacts (pink and blue colors popping out from LED lights depending on their light intensity measurements) and persistent over-sensitivity to bright lights, it was quite disturbing.

The good news is that the HPPD, whether mild or more severe usually fades away with time. It can last a few weeks to several months, so be patient. If you feel uneasy, maybe you could seek professional help so the optometrist can pin point what is going on. Keep us updated how your vision is healing up as time goes on!

- Hap.

Thankyou for the info. I did kind of suppose that everything eventually fades away with time, I guess the anxiety part of the comedown was taking it?s toll and I was just overthinking. I guess I?ll see how it goes, thanks again :)

You are straight homie sounds normal to be honest. I went through a phase with MDMA/MDA where I was rolling at least once a week sometimes up to three times a week for 4+ years. That isn't counting the acid, mushrooms, ketamine, and copious amounts of weed thrown into the mix. I tell you this just to help put it into perspective that you are going to be just fine.

Admittedly my use was out of control, and since I have grown older I have slowed down, but I still like to explore familiar territories pretty regularly. I am in the middle of a nine month break, and can honestly say that besides the tracers, which I do not think will ever completely go away, hppd is nonexistent, where for a while there it was intense.

You are good man :)

Well if it sounds relatively normal then it starts to lighten the situation a little. Would you happen to know how long it takes to clear up a little? Considering Im not experiencing tracers at all. Ive got finals soon and its pretty difficult to focus when I need to. Thanks for the reassurance man.

This was your first time with MDMA?

I have taken MDMA many times, and I can say that it is psychedelic on its own. The strange thing about your condition is that it lasts so long, but it is possible. I remember once, after +48h, that I woke up in the middle of the night on my bed and my whole field of vision had turned into a thick forest for a good 10 seconds. I was really scared.
I also remember seeing my shelf converted into a kind of silkworm wrapping itself in a cocoon. All these visions are +48h after the intake and with doses of MDMA rather large +250mg, lack of sleep and cannabis.

Sometimes these substances trigger strange reactions that do not always agree with the general histories of other consumers.
I have never had the persistent effect that you mention, but I have lived other very rare things and I recovered after a few days.

Give yourself time and you'll probably be fine again.

DocLad

Well if it sounds relatively normal then it starts to lighten the situation a little. Would you happen to know how long it takes to clear up a little? Considering Im not experiencing tracers at all. Ive got finals soon and its pretty difficult to focus when I need to. Thanks for the reassurance man.

It's different for everyone, but honestly if you stop paying it any mind it will be gone before you realize it. I always found HPPD interesting so it never really bothered me, but if you are honestly worried about it just try your best not to, because it really just isn't that serious from what I have experienced. I don't know anybody that hasn't been able to get over it, especially with some sobriety time.

In fact, I have had HPPD for a while, but by then I did not know that I had a specific name and it was already described in the scientific literature.

After 1 year of massive consumption of MDMA I decided to stop using. I had hallucinations in the dark for at least 6 months after abstaining and I always had fun with hallucinations. I even smoked cannabis to enhance them.

Each one is different.

DocLad

Last edited:
In fact, I have had HPPD for a while, but by then I did not know that I had a specific name and it was already described in the scientific literature.

After 1 year of massive consumption of MDMA I decided to stop using. I had hallucinations in the dark for at least 6 months after abstaining and I always had fun with hallucinations. I even smoked cannabis to enhance them.

Each one is different.

DocLad

Haha me to man. I had all kinds of crazy open eye hallucinations in the dark and even during daylight hours if I looked at the world a certain way. Like if I stared at something as though I was looking at one of those magic eye books where you try to see the illusions, kind of look through whatever it was I might be looking at whether it be a persons face or a random object, it would morph into completely different things. This brought some concerns though because I was that kid always staring off into space like nobody was home. Hell sometimes if I really want I can still do it. I feel as though this is something all people are capable of doing, and drugs just help us unlock this ability or better yet realize it.

I recall sitting in class first grade with my face buried in the crook of my arm watching closed eye visuals stone cold sober (obviously) able to see whatever it was that came to mind. Imagination is a hell of a drug.

Point is I recovered from all the psychedelics at some point and so will everybody else with some sobriety time. Any residual HPPD symptoms experienced most won't even notice anymore because that is just the norm, and you will still be able to live a normal life.

If I've missed it message me what quantity of MDMA you took then I'll respond to this thread with some helpful advice.