• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Reasons guys might have trouble pissing and fear of the doctor...

Mycophile

Bluelighter
So...I don't know if this is a big deal or not but I'm like a lot of people who use certain drugs and know they might not be in the best shape and so they are afraid to see the doctor.

It's been about 4, maybe 5 years since I've seen him, and I was doing fine at the time as far as bloodwork, but that was before I started using Kratom somewhat semi-regularly or experimented with Phenibut or Fluro-Phenibut.

For the most part those are the only new substances I didn't use at all last time I saw him, but I drink too much and have for a while but I'm not like a SERIOUS hard core alcoholic.

So the deal is, I just turned 38 and for probably a good 3 or so years now it often takes me much longer to take a piss than it should.

But it's not always like that, like if I REALLY have to go it comes right out fast like usual, but if I KIND OF have to go but not super bad then sometimes it could actually take like 30 seconds to really even start going and I have to wait and it feels kind of fucked up and I've started to get a bit worried about it.

I know that prostate cancer is a thing with men and that that can be a symptom, but also that older guys (not that 38 is THAT old) often piss more slowly, like my dad is 70 but he said over the years when he was younger he started pissing more slowly and eventually a couple years back he needed an operation for it but it fixed him.

But his deal is (or was) that even when he started going he'd have to stop a lot...like no steady stream, just start...stop...start...stop...mines not like that.

Once I start I finish, it's just that it can take much longer to start than it should, but again, only sometimes, and the worse I have to go the less time I have to wait so sometimes it's pretty much normal but other times totally not.

But I'm like 35lbs over weight, and I'm sure my liver enzymes look like shit from drinking, Fluro-Phenibut and Kratom, and I'm afraid of what the doctor might see or say.

It's not like I'm gonna be honest about the Kratom and Fluro-Phenibut cause doctors don't even know what that is but I'd be honest about the drinking.

I mean he's just gonna tell me I have to lose like 40lbs and stop drinking so much and if I even consider telling him about any drugs I use he'll OBVIOUSLY just tell me to stop.

So I'm always thinking that what I'll do is lose like 30lbs, not drink or use Kratom or Fluro-Phenibut for like one month and THEN see the doctor cause THEN if my bloodwork has problems it will mean something where as now I feel like I'd just be like walking into an obvious situation where I'm gonna be told to clean my act up.

So I was just wondering:

1) do you guys think there could be any NON-Serious reasons a 38 year old dude could have more trouble pissing than he used to that AREN'T like prostate cancer or kidney problems or bladder cancer and would you necessarily assume it means something really bad?

2) do I really HAVE to see the doctor ASAP before I clean up my act or can I wait to lose some weight and abstain from substances for a while if I do it like within the next year?

I mean I always say I'm gonna do it but lets be honest, losing 30lbs and not using drugs for one month takes some time...

Any responses from other people who have white coat phobia please respond lol....

Last edited:
Yes... benign prostate hyperplasia BPH. It's when the prostate enlarges, but it's not cancer. It usually relates to the natural decline of testosterone and the rise of estrogen in men, starting around middle age. You'd be a bit young for that but you do a lot of drugs and that may have unforeseen effects on the hormone system.

You can always ask your doctor for a prostate specific antigen PSA screen which is a simple blood test to rule out malignancies in the prostate. It's not usually free, even in public health care, but it could give you peace of mind.

If you rule out prostate stuff then it could be bladder related, hard to say. STIs and UTIs can sometimes be silent and cause these problems, so going to a sexual health clinic to get all that tested could be good. In most major cities there are anonymous ones so you don't even have to give personal info to get the results. Unless you haven't been sexually active, then that might not matter.

I'm just giving you info, not real guesses. You need to see a doc and get proper testing to really know anything. I think the PSA is a good non-invasive way to start.

Yes... benign prostate hyperplasia BPH. It's when the prostate enlarges, but it's not cancer. It usually relates to the natural decline of testosterone and the rise of estrogen in men, starting around middle age. You'd be a bit young for that but you do a lot of drugs and that may have unforeseen effects on the hormone system.

You can always ask your doctor for a prostate specific antigen PSA screen which is a simple blood test to rule out malignancies in the prostate. It's not usually free, even in public health care, but it could give you peace of mind.

If you rule out prostate stuff then it could be bladder related, hard to say. STIs and UTIs can sometimes be silent and cause these problems, so going to a sexual health clinic to get all that tested could be good. In most major cities there are anonymous ones so you don't even have to give personal info to get the results. Unless you haven't been sexually active, then that might not matter.

I'm just giving you info, not real guesses. You need to see a doc and get proper testing to really know anything. I think the PSA is a good non-invasive way to start.

Thanks.

Next time I actually get the guts to see the doctor I'll ask for the PSA.

I dont' like that idea of losing testosterone and gaining estrogen cause i do martial arts and want to continue to be strong and aggressive on the mat, but obviously that's a natural thing that happens as men get older and I do do some things I should do less of that are hard on the body.

Should I get a testosterone test as well to see if my test levels are lower than they should be?

And as a random question, would you say that if it's loss of testosterone that is leading to an enlarged prostate that it will also result in loss of strength and athleticism in martial arts, and if so, what can be done about that?

I don't think I'm going to be able to (nor would I necessarily if I could) get test shots, so maybe just more sporadic/less drug use, healthier diet and more working out would help?

I mean are there any natural testosterone supplements that really work unlike the bullshit on the commercials like Testofen, that I assume don't?

I'm actually starting to get a little worried about having trouble pissing but I'm kind of afraid to get full bloodwork done by my doctor.

Do you guys think it would be a crazy thing to tell my doctor I want to get the PSA screen but not get my full bloodwork done?

I mean I think he'd just say I should get my blood work done.

I'm not quite sure what to do cause I'm worried about finding out I might be fucking up my body but I need to know the answer.

What I really want to do is lose like 20lbs and abstain from drugs for a month before going so the results might be better, but that takes a while.

What would mods suggest I do here?

I would suggest you get a full blood work done.
It might be nothing but if it was wouldn't you want to know?

I would suggest you get a full blood work done.
It might be nothing but if it was wouldn't you want to know?

Yeah, but if I do should I tell him about my Kratom usage (and to a lesser extent Fluro Phenibut)??

Cause I don't want to cause it's obvious no doctor will like hearing their patient uses largely untested drugs they've never heard of.

Would you suggest I just get the blood work done FIRST and only then if anything bad showed up even consider telling him?

Or even not telling him then but then abstaining from Kratom for as long as possible before getting follow up blood work (which is often done in these cases) to see if that got rid of it?

I mean you know, I've never been in this bad shape when I've seen the doctor so I feel like I'm just ASKING to be given all kinds of bad results.

At the heaviest I've ever been, like 35lbs over weight (I'm still strong and in "reasonable" shape and do martial arts), frequently drinking, using kratom 4 days a week and F-Phenibut once a week, surely SOMETHING bad will be showing up in my bloodwork.

I'm sure my liver enzymes will be through the roof, I'll be told that nearing 40 I have to watch my weight cause of stressing the heart, not to drink, use drugs, etc.

I mean I guess the thing is that it's better to know whether or not you are fucking yourself up vs NOT knowing...but of course there's that part of me/us that feels "ignorance is bliss"...unless you are worrying and then it's not HAHA.

I guess a reverse way of thinking of it, instead of thinking I need to get in my best shape before I see him, is that if I show him my bloodwork at my WORST state then I'll get the full picture, and THEN if things aren't too great, but not HORRIBLE like I imagine, I will basically realize that that's me at my worst and I was still ok so if I'm treating my body better (which I sometimes do) then I have even less to worry about?

I don't know man...it's like, I just wish I could see a doctor from bluelight: someone who's like "yeah, I do a number of drugs, I drink, I know you want to have fun but also try not to hurt your body too badly, so don't worry, we'll just look at your bloodwork and work around it"...rather than being the typical doctor who just says "drugs are bad m'kay?"

What do you think?

Dude, better check youre blood. You will lose youre time (and some blood) but still, you will now, that you are ok.

Dude, better check youre blood. You will lose youre time (and some blood) but still, you will now, that you are ok.

I don't understand what you are saying.

I'll "lose my time"?

What does that mean?

I don't believe I'm shortening my life span by using Kratom if that's what you mean...

On the days I haven't dosed as much lately I'm having way less trouble pissing so I think to a large extent it's an effect of having Kratom in my system cause everyone has been saying opioids slow down your pissing.

Yes, it tends to take me a bit longer when sober than it used to, but I'm not all that concerned now.

If I get more concerned, I'll see the doctor.