• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Sativa vs Indica, Body vs headhigh..Just a Sales pitch??

DEF not a sales pitch, if i smoke pineapple xpress i get bursts of energy and motivated. A nice heavy Indica and my anxiety washes off and get a more physical "hashy" bodyload. "IndaCOUCH + "sunny sativa" are a good way to remember this. TEAMINDICA!!!

I smoke every night after my day time work is done. The only time I smoke during the day is when I’m taking a day off work at my favourite nude beach!

I grow everyday—that’s my work! I grow Indica and Sativa strains, but you’re right, they’re all hybrids of both. I have grown a pure “Durban” Sativa and smoked it and got the same great high as with my Indica hybrids so I think it all depends on the individual. I don’t grow pure Sativa strains because they grow too tall and take too long to flower. You’re right about the sales pitch stuff from dispensaries—and Chris Rock once said, that you don’t have to “sell” drugs, drugs sell themselves. But with all the government meddling and bullshit “legalization” going on now, dispensaries have to “sell” all the different strains like fine wines at the liquor store and make them “sound” different, exotic and special.

It’s funny, cause I make my own wine too and I can’t tell the difference between “fine” wine and my cheap wine. I say “cheap” because my wine is all organic, just the red grape juice, yeast and the clay Benonite powder. I don’t use all those chemical clarifiers, or extra sugar.

I’ve been growing illegally for years and people come to me when they want the best high possible. My Buds are pure organically grown—and that’s partly where their “kick” comes from. The main reason people love my Bud however, is because I grow only the strains with the high THC counts and they think they’re all hand-trimmed because they think only hand-trimmed Buds have all their crystals in tact which is true. Those automatic trimming machine blades take much of the good stuff off and yield lower highs.

The other funny thing though, is that my Buds aren’t hand-trimmed. They just look hand-trimmed! I’m a large-scale grower and don’t have time to mess with labour-intensive costly hand-trimmers. My former hand-trimmers focus mainly on helping me grow! When its time to trim though, we use a cool simple auto-trimmer that doesn’t use blades called a “Tom’s Tumble Trimmer”. It keeps most of the resin and crystals ON my Buds for a superior BLAST! The dispensaries who buy my Buds illegally under the table can’t even tell my Buds aren’t really hand-trimmed and they buy them because they sell out faster then the weed from their legal suppliers!

So like I said at the beginning, great highs don’t depend on whether the Bud is Sativa or Indica, but on the THC quality of the strain itself and how well the grower can keep the crystals on the Bud to maintain optimum potency!

Hope this helps ya, all!
Keen For Green

Rough semantics that are at times useful but only as guidelines. I think it's something that was interesting that became a fun fact and then sort of a law of the land for this plant that most people don't know much about.

I grow everyday—that’s my work! I grow Indica and Sativa strains said:
Hell yeah..I fucking LOVE Durban Poison!!! One of the few pure landrace sativa strains. Strawberry cough is bomb too.

Definitely a sales pitch. Anyone can google the fact of the matter now and easily learn how this distinction was never really correct. Indica, Sativa. Just different expressions of the same species when grown in different climates and conditions. There is no indica high as such, nor sativa. There are plants from certain areas, certain heritage that have similar effects. But we really should stop this FALSE categorisation.
Has everyone also forgotten: I can turn a supposedly trippy sativa into a guaranteed couchlock hitter that most swear is indica, simply due to when i choose to harvest. Anyone can do this. Thats why you sometimes buy the exact same strain that always gives certain effects, but this one time it gives different effects. Most folk will swear blind theyve been sold a different strain! Wrong!
Remember the harvest time, colour of trichomes, can be the only factor you need consider when choosing between different types of effects usually attributed to indica or sativa.
Im not saying there arent strains with certain effects, I'm simply saying they are very malleable..

This supposedly 100% indica PHK I have is extremely energizing. It's just complete bullshit to assume that an indica will always make you tired/couchlock-y and a sativa will do the opposite.

It shows you how strong the placebo effect is that most people believe this crap though. A lot of people will try to convince you that their Green Crack will give them mountains of energy, and this PHK will knock them out like they got hit by a train. Just not how it works... I always laugh when someone tells me sativas give them anxiety... sativas actually have an average higher CBD content so they should cause less anxiety than indicas (of course, again, not UNIVERSALLY true).

Scientifically speaking, there is no difference between Cannabis sativa and Cannabis indica - they are actually the same species which have adapted to differing environmental conditions. When European botanists were classifying cannabis, the sativas came first. Then the indicas were 'discovered' and wrongly assumed to be a separate species. Nowadays, these terms are used more to indicate the THC to CBD ratios, with 'sativas' supposedly having a higher proportion of THC than the indicas. However, modern breeding techniques render this distinction moot, as any desired characteristic can be selected for.

Consider the pit bull and the chihuahua - both very different dogs, but ultimately the same species of animal.

Therefore, sativas and indicas are nothing more than different strains of the same species - so to answer your question, yes it's just marketing bollocks.

I was gonna say bud that if I smoke Durban Poison which is a pure sativa, I am sharp, focused, task oriented, if I smoke any of the kushs I feel lazy, relaxed, chilled...mind wanders mmmm cuddle with the wife.
And I agree Durban Poison is the best.
%)

^^
I'm from Durban SA and it's the best IMHO

I was gonna say bud that if I smoke Durban Poison which is a pure sativa, I am sharp, focused, task oriented, if I smoke any of the kushs I feel lazy, relaxed, chilled...mind wanders mmmm cuddle with the wife.
And I agree Durban Poison is the best.
%)

And I don't doubt you believe that, placebo effect is really strong in many people.