Bluelight

Thread: What is love?

Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. Collapse Details
    What is love? 
    #1
    Is it like normal to need your significant other and not see them as disposable?

    I've been ran through by my demons and it's really warped my mind. During the time I used meth I began to question everything and keep a stiff and seriouis demeanor, blocking Everybody out. As I approach 70 days sober I realize I actually feel very connected to my girlfriend of 7 years and losing her would be terrible. I feel so weak and inhuman for feeling this way, like I should isolate myself forever.

    Thoughts?
    Reply With Quote
     

  2. Collapse Details
     
    #2
    Wow i dont think youve grasped just how warped your mind is.

    "feel very connected to my girlfriend of 7 years and losing her would be terrible" is the normal human response

    It is abnormal to see your significant other as disposable.

    It is normal to feel a need to have human relationships.

    Can you possibly see a therapist? I mean im not trying to be mean (i have autism and tend to feel often i should isolate myself forever too) but your thinking is extremely warped. I mean like EXTREMELY.
    Reply With Quote
     

  3. Collapse Details
     
    #3
    Love is, for example, that girl that is 7 years with you.
    Reply With Quote
     

  4. Collapse Details
     
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by d1nach View Post
    Wow i dont think youve grasped just how warped your mind is.

    "feel very connected to my girlfriend of 7 years and losing her would be terrible" is the normal human response

    It is abnormal to see your significant other as disposable.

    It is normal to feel a need to have human relationships.

    Can you possibly see a therapist? I mean im not trying to be mean (i have autism and tend to feel often i should isolate myself forever too) but your thinking is extremely warped. I mean like EXTREMELY.
    It's meth withdrawal, I'm seeing a therapist and my trust is growing. I do have underlying schitzophrenia in my family too. Have ever done meth?

    I'm just very inward and paranoid from residual psychosis caused by the meth. It changes you, unfortunately.
    Reply With Quote
     

  5. Collapse Details
     
    #5
    Administrator Tranced's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Newcastle, UK
    Posts
    8,919
    What is love? Baby don't hurt me.

    Sorry, couldn't help it.

    It sounds to me like your emotions are coming back but you're only part of the way there, so its left you in the middle and a bit confused. I'd suggest to try to accept love over cynacism any day. Negativity can be alluring, but it never leaves you at peace - it's a siren that destroys you. Depression and apathy do not serve anyone.

    I think in a spiritual sense love is the opposite. Relationship love will always have aspects of good and bad, because it's an understanding of faults and flaws. Life is beautiful, but it is not perfect. Same thing. Love is bittersweet, as is life. Just try and focus on the sweet.

    What are your opinions on love post meth? And what were they before?
    Reply With Quote
     

  6. Collapse Details
     
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranced View Post
    What is love? Baby don't hurt me.

    Sorry, couldn't help it.

    It sounds to me like your emotions are coming back but you're only part of the way there, so its left you in the middle and a bit confused. I'd suggest to try to accept love over cynacism any day. Negativity can be alluring, but it never leaves you at peace - it's a siren that destroys you. Depression and apathy do not serve anyone.

    I think in a spiritual sense love is the opposite. Relationship love will always have aspects of good and bad, because it's an understanding of faults and flaws. Life is beautiful, but it is not perfect. Same thing. Love is bittersweet, as is life. Just try and focus on the sweet.

    What are your opinions on love post meth? And what were they before?
    I think I was relatively normal ya know, insecure. Sensitive and depressed. I really had a normal non psychotic worldview.

    When you're missing months of sleep on meth, things get extremely weird. Somewhere along the line I became convinced I had died on a certain overdose and that I was dreaming. My entire self concept became a halucination based on fiction.

    I discarded or doubted Everything I knew about myself and the world. Fucking scary shit happens to your mind when you live in psychosis and you lose your grasp on reality
    Reply With Quote
     

  7. Collapse Details
     
    #7
    I'm at a place where I'm just challenging my delusions andgain a little more self awareness
    Reply With Quote
     

  8. Collapse Details
     
    #8
    Moderator
    Sex Love & Relationships
    pofacedhoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    dreamsville
    Posts
    7,089
    its normal to feel some degree of insecurity over something/someone you value and the possibility of losing it

    thats very normal
    Reply With Quote
     

  9. Collapse Details
     
    #9
    Right. It's very scary to realize a relationship is not totally in your control and nothing is guaranteed. If you focus too much on the "what ifs", it could ruin your relationship. Like "What if my partner finds someone else?" Fear and trust issues will haunt you if you're not careful. That's the risk you take while in love, your heart is in someone else's hands. I just went through that, had to work through trust issues before moving forward with my b/f.

    Focus on the good in your relationship.
    Focus on what you love about your partner and feel gratitude. Perfect love casts out all fear.
    Reply With Quote
     

  10. Collapse Details
     
    #10
    Moderator
    Psychedelic Drugs
    Cannabis Discussion
    Film & Television
    Cream Gravy?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    4,799



    Lol.


    Love is complete and total devotion. It is VERY abnormal to see your SO as disposable.

    Take care Cyberius, and please stay off the meth. You'll figure things out, just give it time.
    Reply With Quote
     

  11. Collapse Details
     
    #11
    Moderator
    Sex Love & Relationships
    pofacedhoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    dreamsville
    Posts
    7,089
    give it time


    recovery from speed is a long process with continual improvements

    its horrible and thats about it.

    it really messes with your head and your beliefs

    in time you will regain a sense of normality
    Reply With Quote
     

  12. Collapse Details
     
    #12
    What is love? Baby don't hurt me, don't hurt me, no more.
    Reply With Quote
     

  13. Collapse Details
     
    #13
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberius View Post
    Is it like normal to need your significant other and not see them as disposable?
    Yes.

    I've been ran through by my demons and it's really warped my mind. During the time I used meth I began to question everything and keep a stiff and seriouis demeanor, blocking Everybody out. As I approach 70 days sober I realize I actually feel very connected to my girlfriend of 7 years and losing her would be terrible.
    Chances are she's been (heavily) involved in fighting ur demons. Congratulations on 70 days sober (more than I've had since I hit puberty) and you're right in thinking losing her would be somewhat disastrous to you(r wellbeing.)

    I feel so weak and inhuman for feeling this way, like I should isolate myself forever. Thoughts?
    Communicate these feelings, and work with your partner and lean on them for support and you'll get past this ambivalence before you know it.
    Withdrawing from your main support and isolating yourself is the last thing you should do.
    Reply With Quote
     

  14. Collapse Details
     
    #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    What is love? Baby don't hurt me, don't hurt me, no more.
    Bitch, you get no love! (Sorry, this has been in my head all day.)

    Eminem ft. Lil' Wayne - No Love

    https://youtu.be/KV2ssT8lzj8
    Reply With Quote
     

  15. Collapse Details
     
    #15
    Bluelighter psyfiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    your mind
    Posts
    182
    Life of a simple man taught that everyone else is dirty and love is meaningless
    Reply With Quote
     

  16. Collapse Details
     
    #16
    Bluelighter ibetweaking's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    The 6ix(Toronto)
    Posts
    102
    Between people: Fake, not real
    Between people and drug: Real, Strong
    Between People And Weapon: Real, Bonding, Warm, Safe feeling
    Reply With Quote
     

  17. Collapse Details
     
    #17
    Id have to say love is drugs, math and science for making drugs exsist, females, music, and family.

    I know im probably messed up.
    Reply With Quote
     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •