• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

phenibut

You should be fine dosing phenibut twice a week, especially with three days in between doses. I have tried to do the gram every other day rule because it was a schedule I picked up after reading the Phenibut God blog. That guy is full of shit though. I used this method for a couple weeks and eventually I wasn't even feeling the gram I was taking because so much had built up in my system. After stopping I experienced withdrawal for a few days, but it was nothing compared to trying to come off a two month daily habit. I went from taking 1.5 grams a day to six grams a day taken in two doses in no time at all. I then got to the point where no amount I took coukd hold of withdrawals. I was a wreck and couldn't sleep for a week. Trust me you do not want to go there.

I usually don't notice effects and euphoria until 2 grams on a completely empty stomach. Tolerance builds insanely fast so keep that in mind. You really just have to find a dose that works for you since its different for everybody

So phenibut if taken properly, can be fairly strong, similar to gbh. For me I take 2g, then 4 hrs later take 2g, then 3 hrs later take 2gs. If u stagger the dose it builds up very strong. For you I would take 1g, then a few hrs later take another, and take 1g a few hours after that.WARNING! Phenibut is VERY addictive. I have been an iv heroin addict for years before and I heard phenibut gave your withdrawls, but I thought it wouldn't be anything. After a week binge with daily doses reaching 10g, first day off I was fine because the half life is so high. But after that for 4-5 days I had some mild physical pain/soreness and felt extremely weak and lethargic. Mental part was hell, worst depression and anxiety I have ever felt in my whole life. At first I didn't know what was happening, then I realized it was obviously the pheninut. I would rather go through heroin withdrawls because I felt like I wanted to commit suicide. Worst emotional feelings I've ever felt. So do not use this substance more then once a week. I'm a very experienced user of everything a-z. 0- infinity

Guys, big problem. First of all, it's becoming difficult to sleep. It takes me 3 hours laying in bed before I finally pass out and I've been feeling really hot at work lately, both on days that I took the pills and on days I didn't. Fucking heat wave out of nowhere on monday and tuesday, it went from snowing 2 weeks ago to scorching hot but then it's raining and cool again but even on the cool days I've been sweating. I tell everyone that I can't work in this fucking heat but they all look at me like a lunatic and tell me it's not hot at all. I am feeling somewhat less inhibited I guess but it doesn't matter because my productivity dropped now that I'm feeling inferno all the time so my increased confidence is all going towards talking back to my boss, not good. I'm trying to keep my mouth shut but this stress is insane, I feel so paranoid and that everyone is plotting against me.
I can't tell if trying this shit was a mistake or if it's external circumstances.

On the plus side, I got some oxycodone from a girl at work. Fuck yeah! This oughta take the bricks off... for now.

Guys, big problem. First of all, it's becoming difficult to sleep. It takes me 3 hours laying in bed before I finally pass out and I've been feeling really hot at work lately, both on days that I took the pills and on days I didn't. Fucking heat wave out of nowhere on monday and tuesday, it went from snowing 2 weeks ago to scorching hot but then it's raining and cool again but even on the cool days I've been sweating. I tell everyone that I can't work in this fucking heat but they all look at me like a lunatic and tell me it's not hot at all. I am feeling somewhat less inhibited I guess but it doesn't matter because my productivity dropped now that I'm feeling inferno all the time so my increased confidence is all going towards talking back to my boss, not good. I'm trying to keep my mouth shut but this stress is insane, I feel so paranoid and that everyone is plotting against me.
I can't tell if trying this shit was a mistake or if it's external circumstances.

On the plus side, I got some oxycodone from a girl at work. Fuck yeah! This oughta take the bricks off... for now.

Wait, so you think that you are feeling this way from Phenibut withdrawal?

How much have you been taking?

I know I said I think you shouldn't take it more than twice a week.

I would just not take it for AT LEAST 5 days in a row if I were you now, preferably a week, and then you should be fine.

If you can't then maybe you should taper, but I've never had to do that before so I can't advise you how.

Seriously, you can't mess around with Phenibut and take it often or you'll pay for it.

I mean I actually broke my rule this week and took it 3 times in a week (F-Phenibut not regular) and not happy with myself that I did that (I also took it 5 times in a 9 day period, DEFINITELY too much and I'll never do it again but I'm quite confident I'll be fine since I'll abstain at least a week now)...seriously, you should IMO always mark down the days you take it and the days you don't take it and keep track.

I do this right now with both Fluro-Phenibut and Kratom to avoid dependence.

I think it's important to always have a record and know how much you are taking and how often because once you lose track the next step is addiction.

Phenibut requires respect or you'll pay for it so cut down now.

I don't know, does phenibut raise body temperature? I took that 1g last sunday and the afterglow helped me on monday. I vomited at work on Wednesday because of how hot it was and I took 500mg the next day, then 750mg the day after but I still felt like shit during those days. I did not take anything else that week. So if last saturday is day 1 it looks like this:
Day 1: 750mg
Day 2: 1000mg
Day 3: 0
Day 4: 0
Day 5: 0
Day 6: 500mg
Day 7: 750mg

I don't know, does phenibut raise body temperature? I took that 1g last sunday and the afterglow helped me on monday. I vomited at work on Wednesday because of how hot it was and I took 500mg the next day, then 750mg the day after but I still felt like shit during those days. I did not take anything else that week. So if last saturday is day 1 it looks like this:
Day 1: 750mg
Day 2: 1000mg
Day 3: 0
Day 4: 0
Day 5: 0
Day 6: 500mg
Day 7: 750mg

Even though I would have left more than 3 days off between (I'll use 2 days in a row but then I would make myself wait 7 days till using again...ok I fucked up this past week with F-Phenibut and did it again after 4 and was ok, but I won't do it again...)....but yeah, those dosages are still very low and that was spread out enough that I personally would not be concerned with addiction yet or think it could have caused your problems.

If the first day you took it was a saturday and then wednesday was your 3rd day in a row of not taking it and you puked I can't realistically see how those dosages 3 days earlier could have caused that.

Did you feel worse on Wednesday than Monday or Tuesday when you also went without?

I mean maybe you are very sensitive but it strikes me as odd you'd feel so bad on your 3rd day after dosing if you weren't already addicted, and it doesn't seem like you've been doing enough for that to happen.

I think it's possible Phenibut could raise body temperature, not sure, or possibly WD could, but you weren't on any and unless you were doing a lot more before that first saturday I don't think you'd be addicted.

Are you using any other drugs or in withdrawal from anything else?

I felt fine on monday during the afterglow, tuesday was back to being my anxious, paranoid self (and it was hot) and on wednesday I felt really hot and sick. Then on thursday and friday when I began using again, I continued to feel hot and sweaty.

I haven't used anything else that week. I do have my valium but I decided to halt that since I heard phenibut does not mix with benzos. I AM sensitive to the heat tho, I hate the hot weather but I'm confused because everyone is telling me it's not hot inside. But the fact that I puked from both ends says the obvious and this wasn't the first time it happened. Last time was outside when it was 30 above and I wasn't on any drugs, was told it was heat stroke. But at least we all agreed it was hot. Now everyone's looking at me like a lunatic.

On another note I took 1.5g an hour ago and my stomach hurts. I hope this shit subsides. I don't have antacids with me but I did take the 6 pills after finishing my cereal so that's plenty of milk.

I'm feeling nothing from this 1.5g but the upset stomach did subside. Is the reason I felt anything from the 1g last week cuz I took 750mg the day before and they stacked up?

I'll add kava to my list, thanks. If I do become dependent upon phenibut, can I avoid the withdrawal by switching to kava?
Also, will the following routine prevent addiction: dose every day for 3 days, take a 2 day break, repeat cycle.

How do you ever know how much is filler and how much is active drug? My phenibut pills are 700mg but says 250mg on the box.

The only way to avoid phenibut withdrawal is by tapering using phenibut or another GABA B drug such as gabapentin. There is absolutely no need to go cold turkey or use another drug. Just recuce your dose by 50-100mg every other day.

I'm feeling nothing from this 1.5g but the upset stomach did subside. Is the reason I felt anything from the 1g last week cuz I took 750mg the day before and they stacked up?

I doubt it. That is only 250mg more than what you've had to day. I'd say more likely is tolerance and/or eating too close to dosing.

Well, taking 1.5g two days in a row had no noticeable effect tho I did split it in two 750mg doses today to mitigate the upset stomach. You said tolerance builds up fast but it builds up THIS fast? Jesus. So in my quest to safely test my tolerance by slowly upping the dose, I basically have set myself up to continue feeling nothing from it, lol. That or last week's effects were my imagination. I hope this week goes smooth. If I did build a dependence on this shit, it's the first time I did so to a substance I felt zero positive effects from.

Well, taking 1.5g two days in a row had no noticeable effect tho I did split it in two 750mg doses today to mitigate the upset stomach. You said tolerance builds up fast but it builds up THIS fast? Jesus. So in my quest to safely test my tolerance by slowly upping the dose, I basically have set myself up to continue feeling nothing from it, lol. That or last week's effects were my imagination. I hope this week goes smooth. If I did build a dependence on this shit, it's the first time I did so to a substance I felt zero positive effects from.

It takes a single dose to build up tolerance ime. Usually it can be mitigated by dosing an extra 100mg or so, but this is how addiction happens. :)

I haven't had my tolerance increase from one single dose.

I'm not sure what's going on for you OP but to me it didn't sound like you were using all that much so maybe your feeling sick didn't have to do with the Phenibut.

So I've decided to keep phenibut for recreational use as I consider it useless for therapeutic use. It's way too addictive and tolerance builds up way too fast so I cannot use this regularly. Whether or not it even mitigated my anxiety is questionable. And if it did, the increased body temperature it causes is not worth it. I can't work physical labor when I'm feeling in a sauna.
I bought some Tums antacid, regular strength 500mg tablets. How do I use this? Before ingesting the phenibut pills or after? Will just one be good enough to mitigate the acidity?
Thanks for the answers like always.

lol last week 3g had me feeling drunk and dizzy. I took 12 pills all at once 6 hours ago on an empty stomach (with a tum antacid) and I feel completely sober.
I mean I feel slightly more motivated and happy but I can't rule out placebo for that.

Next week I'm gonna do 4 grams. What do you guys think about doing this stuff once a week? Is there a point where I should stop experimenting with this if I'm not feeling significant effects? Like, if 10 grams was doing very little for me, would this be a warning sign that I've developed a problematic tolerance and should leave it alone?

lol last week 3g had me feeling drunk and dizzy. I took 12 pills all at once 6 hours ago on an empty stomach (with a tum antacid) and I feel completely sober.
I mean I feel slightly more motivated and happy but I can't rule out placebo for that.

Next week I'm gonna do 4 grams. What do you guys think about doing this stuff once a week? Is there a point where I should stop experimenting with this if I'm not feeling significant effects? Like, if 10 grams was doing very little for me, would this be a warning sign that I've developed a problematic tolerance and should leave it alone?

You'll might get a variety of different answers here but I'd suggest keeping to no more than once a week. And yes, if you start to notice increase in tolerance then it's a good idea to slow down even more. If you are concerned about tolerance then I'd suggested only using sporadically like once or twice a month.

Something else to watch out for is noticeable rebound effects that can become apparent after phenibut wears off. Some people are to just prone to experiencing these rebound effects but I'd say most people, at first, do not notice them. If you start to experience them then take it as a sign you've started to push things too far.

Phenibut has long duration of action so any rebound effects usually show up a long time after dosing, for example somewhere between 18-36 hours after dosing. Effects feel like the opposite of phenibut's effects - increased anxiety is probably the most apparent. Rebound effects are almost like experiencing a short miniwithdrawal, in a sense, and could be a sign you've been pushing things too far.

Oh I know what you mean about rebound. It happens when I stop using any anxiolytic, ativan especially. I guess I'm not doing myself any favors by making my anxiety worse than necessary, but what can I say? I'm almost out of benzo pills and the doc wants me to fail on SSRIs before he'll give me anything effective. I was hoping phenibut would be my trump card to beat the bureaucracy but now I see why they don't bother with this shit in North American markets at all. The fact that you need so damn much of this stuff is proof of how useless it is. 1mg of any benzo completely murders anxiety but I need many grams of this stuff?
When I shifted my use of this from therapeutic to recreational, I was hoping for some of those empathogenic, mdma-like effects I kept hearing about and I'm not even getting that. Phenibut is garbage. The Soviets have doomed us. :(

Oh I know what you mean about rebound. It happens when I stop using any anxiolytic, ativan especially. I guess I'm not doing myself any favors by making my anxiety worse than necessary, but what can I say? I'm almost out of benzo pills and the doc wants me to fail on SSRIs before he'll give me anything effective. I was hoping phenibut would be my trump card to beat the bureaucracy but now I see why they don't bother with this shit in North American markets at all. The fact that you need so damn much of this stuff is proof of how useless it is. 1mg of any benzo completely murders anxiety but I need many grams of this stuff?
When I shifted my use of this from therapeutic to recreational, I was hoping for some of those empathogenic, mdma-like effects I kept hearing about and I'm not even getting that. Phenibut is garbage. The Soviets have doomed us. :(

Speak for yourself man I have got more euphoria from phenibut than any benzo.... though benzos are definitely better for quelling a panic attack.

I speak as a patriotic capitalist American while you're just a dirty traitor commie getting high on drugs invented by Soviets!

I jest of course. :)