• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

phenibut

Inds

Bluelighter
So I bought some with the intention of grabbing an anxiolytic since most others are either undesirable, useless or expensive. I have 250mg pills and I took the powder out of the gel cap to take it sublingually since I heard it takes up to 4 hours for the effects to happen. It truly tasted like shit so I regretted that instantly, lol. I didn't think a legal drug could taste this much worse than E. Anyway, I did that 12 hours ago and felt no effects. Should I try 2 pills tomorrow?

Phenibut is fairly weak in the GABAergic sense; the rest of the effects (imo) are attributed to the gabapentin/pregabalin-like properties it has which don't manifest until a few hours in yeah. Try 1g-1.5g and don't take it sublingually lol

So you took a total of 250mg this time? Try taking 500mg - 750mg next time. Going to 1.5 grams is too big of a jump imo that much would make me sick. If 750mg still doesn't work then start going into a gram or more.

If "expensive" was a concern, why did you buy it in capsules? I can only imagine that must've been incredibly expensive, especially compared to bulk powder....lol...

No shit it tastes bad lol, it's very acidic.
Taking it sublingually really isn't the brightest idea lol. Just buy bulk powder and cap it yourself- and dose orally lol....patience is a virtue (or do as I did- pour accurately MEASURED, desired dosage into shot glass, mix in a good mixer thoroughly, completely dissolving the powder, and drink it as a shot, followed by chaser if desired- this will likely work faster than swallowing capsules as another bonus).

I agree with pickle on dosage. Don't jump immediately to 1 or 1.5g....it will more than likely make you VERY unpleasantly sick for many hours. Try 500-750mg first. And while experimenting on your dosage, make sure you do so on days that you have nothing going on....in case you do become sick or otherwise incapacitated. Don't make a fool of yourself.

-PA

It was $x for every 3 pills, all the other listings were like $x for 60 pills. I'll look into bulk powder next time but I reckon almost 200 pills will keep me busy for a while.
I'm also not really doing anything today and had no interaction this entire weekend so will this compromise my assessment of the effects? When I heard people reporting MDMA-like effects with phenibut, I was reluctant to be on it while at work.
I'm MUCH more aware of a drug's effects when I'm around people but I hate being around people, so yeah. I guess if I feel anything at 500mg then I'll only do 250 when at work.
Should it be taken on a full or empty stomach?

I won't take it sublingually again but are you saying this is why it was less effective or you're just warning that I could give myself a chemical burn? I actually still feel the sour, acidic taste in my mouth 24 hours later. Yuck.

Last edited by a moderator:
INDS, I would 100% not take this sublibgually. That just makes me wonder how many days it would take to lose your teeth! It is very acidic.

IMO a dose is around 1000mg, although a small number of people need less. I've tried 800mg before and got nothing from it. With regard to onset time, you just need to wait it out and not eat for two hours~, ime. Generally it comes on in around 2-3 hours, but it has some weird metabolic quirks that really mess things up on occasion. The other week I took some at 6.50am and went back to sleep. I didn't really start feeling it until I had some coffee in the afternoon, then at 4pm it peaked. This is rare though, and the longest onset time I've noticed. Presumably because I was sleeping for the first three hours and my metabolic system wasn't ready.

Phenibut is fairly weak in the GABAergic sense; the rest of the effects (imo) are attributed to the gabapentin/pregabalin-like properties it has which don't manifest until a few hours in yeah.

I'm genuinely interested in what you mean here. Surely those effects are the GABAergic effects, they just take a while to manifest? Like I say, genuinely interested - I know little of this kind of stuff.

Fasting for 2 hours is no problem, but I just ate my breakfast and popped 2 pills an hour ago, does this mean I must take it on an empty stomach?

I won't take it sublingually again but are you saying this is why it was less effective or you're just warning that I could give myself a chemical burn? I actually still feel the sour, acidic taste in my mouth 24 hours later. Yuck.

^Both, btw. I'd probably brush my teeth down with bicarbonate of soda and give my mouth a good rinse. It's very acidic - a ph of 2 according to a bluelight post.

Fasting for 2 hours is no problem, but I just ate my breakfast and popped 2 pills an hour ago, does this mean I must take it on an empty stomach?

No, just wait and see what happens. It might just take longer to kick in. That said, if 250mg was inneffective, I doubt 500mg will be, but that's just a guess from personal experiece/here.

I had some at 8.20 and I'm definitely feeling it - it's 11.45 now. It synergises well with coffee, I'm off to grab some.

4 hours later, still nothing. Gonna have to try 750mg next weekend. It does say on the bottle to take a 2-day break every 3 days and also says not to mix with benzos. I'm debating if I should continue with my 5mg valium during work or continue 250mg phenibut every day.

I can't really compare phenibut to benzos. Although they both affect the gaba receptors, benzos are sedating while phenibut actually gives me energy and only sedates me if I take large doses 2.5-3 grams. These are high doses and it's a good idea to approach with caution. It's taken me two years to get to the doses I take now.

Always dose on an empty stomach or wait at least two hours before your next dose after eating. After dosing wait at least an hour before you eat to give your body some time to absorb the phenibut. Thirty minutes after dosing chase your phenibut with a caffeinated beverage like coffee or an energy drink. Mixing phenibut with a stim like adderall or vyvanse always gave me that MDMA light feeling :)

If you are going for recreational benefits I wouldn't take 250 mgs every day. Although this is the recommended daily dosage prescribed in Russia (250-750 mgs per day), it is really not sustainable ime and will stop working eventually, although ymmv. 5 mgs of valium is much better for anxiety and a lot more consistent than phenibut.

I can't notice any effect from 5mg valium on my anxiety which is why I'm exploring more options. Plus my doc won't extend any benzos he gives to me longer than a month so that's a dead end right there. I hate being at the mercy of other people. I'm imagining myself experiencing severe rebound anxiety because I can't get my fix and then hear my doc atoning for fucking up my mental health earlier by saying he's trying to prevent me from getting addicted to benzos. It's a real shit show so I must maintain freedom of choice as much as I can. Phenibut is legal so I'm not dependent on anybody for it but I heard this shit is just as addictive as benzos and must be used sparingly. The container itself advises to take breaks.

I've found caffeine (as well as any stimulant really) to increase my anxiety so I avoid it. I already have E pills when I want them but my anxiety has gotten so bad that I can't get past the come-up. I'm hoping phenibut mixes well with molly but first I have to figure out if its useful for me at all.

If it's unsustainable I might have to figure out how the fuck to get pregabalin for anything less than a fortune. Feedback is always welcome. One thing better than a lonely schizo junkie is having several junkies for comfort and support. :)

I can't notice any effect from 5mg valium on my anxiety which is why I'm exploring more options. Plus my doc won't extend any benzos he gives to me longer than a month so that's a dead end right there. I hate being at the mercy of other people. I'm imagining myself experiencing severe rebound anxiety because I can't get my fix and then hear my doc atoning for fucking up my mental health earlier by saying he's trying to prevent me from getting addicted to benzos. It's a real shit show so I must maintain freedom of choice as much as I can. Phenibut is legal so I'm not dependent on anybody for it but I heard this shit is just as addictive as benzos and must be used sparingly. The container itself advises to take breaks.

I've found caffeine (as well as any stimulant really) to increase my anxiety so I avoid it. I already have E pills when I want them but my anxiety has gotten so bad that I can't get past the come-up. I'm hoping phenibut mixes well with molly but first I have to figure out if its useful for me at all.

If it's unsustainable I might have to figure out how the fuck to get pregabalin for anything less than a fortune. Feedback is always welcome. One thing better than a lonely schizo junkie is having several junkies for comfort and support. :)

Have you tried kava for your anxiety? IME its not quite as effectibe as phenibut but there is much less addiction potential.

I know this isn't directly on topic,(i'm sorry) but I thought you guys might know. I am used to taking primaforce phenibut powder. Now they only have caplets for sale and they are 250 mg. I empty out the contents and it is 500 mg!!! (My scale is correct, yes)

Has anyone had this experience with this? I need to be able to measure my dosages properly.
Pls help

Its probably a filler. Most pills and capsules are not 100% active ingredient. Sugar or something cheap most likely.

I'll add kava to my list, thanks. If I do become dependent upon phenibut, can I avoid the withdrawal by switching to kava?
Also, will the following routine prevent addiction: dose every day for 3 days, take a 2 day break, repeat cycle.

How do you ever know how much is filler and how much is active drug? My phenibut pills are 700mg but says 250mg on the box.

Kava will help you deal with some of the symptoms but you're still going to feel the withdrawal. With gabapentin you can switch over almost painlessly but I wouldn't recommend it because it has it's own withdrawals. Fasoracetam helps as well but wont get you completely out of the woods. There are many things you can use to help with withdrawal but you're best bet is to not dive in too deep.

Three days on two days off might be okay but it really depends on your dosage. If it's low enough, like maybe 500 mgs, I think you would be okay but you may start building a tolerance anyway after some time because phenibut stays in the system for a while.

Wiki says half-life is 5.3 hours, that's nothing compared to how long valium stays in the system. Speaking of which, can I take valium for the 2 days that I won't be doing phenibut? It says not to mix with benzodiazepines but surely after a 24-hour break they won't interact or am I naive?

Ok good. Tomorrow I'm gonna pop 3 pills first thing in the morning and eat breakfast 2 hours later. Good so far? It said it can take up to 4 hours for it to metabolize but 2 hours in an empty stomach should be surely enough to prevent the food from killing it?

Sounds good man. I assume your pills are 250 mgs each? 750 mgs sounds like a good therapeutic dose.

Yes, 250mg each. It's been 2 hours and I still feel nothing. Gonna go for 1 gram tomorrow.