• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Only Puff After Day's Business Is Over SUPPORT THREAD

Once upon a time I couldn't get out of bed without smoking up first. I ran on the ganja. Couldn't keep it in my possession it would vanish.

Now I can hardly smoke it. I guess because it makes me go two ways: super anxious to start, but my mind is too muddled to do anything, and then shortly after I become lazy and unproductive.

I like my mind being sharp, attentive, always running and analyzing. Weed amplifies this but makes my mind run all over the place rather than keeping me centralized where I need to be.

I think when you get some things to focus on in life like in my case a girl, 2 kids and trying to build a career, then smoking at the end of the day becomes a necessity rather than a preference.

I generally only smoke after 9pm (still go through an ounce in 7-10 days)
When I do smoke it's always after 9-10 when everyone's in bed. And always alone like it better that way. Relax and unwind and shit

Weed makes me lazy regarding everything but writing, making music, other creative pursuits which is why I smoke at night.

Weeds just been legalized and I've suddenly found myself smoking again lol. It's not so bad when you get to be picky about what you're smoking.

Soon going to have a q of afghani hash delivered to the door :)

It may come as a surprise at how physically challenging it can be to reduce or stop, depending on your smoking habits and reaction to pot, etc.

It may come as a surprise at how physically challenging it can be to reduce or stop, depending on your smoking habits and reaction to pot, etc.
Yup first time I quit I went from smoking an eighth a day for around 5 yrs to nothing and I went through full blown withdrawal lol. I'm talking appetite loss, depression, insomnia, major mood swings, it was horrible. Don't have those problems anymore thank god, well not from weed anyway.

Same here it was hell. I also moved to a cabin in the woods for 6 months to keep me away from it as the cravings after so many years were the heaviest I've had in my life. In hindsight I never should have quit but there was so much pressure to and not from me. I ended up keeping off the herb for three years.

I'll never quit again I'd rather kick an oc 80 habit hands down, personally it is hell to live without weed in the modern day world after 15 years of using is all day and night. I can't handle it, become completely hysteric and unreasonable. My brain has evolved to require pot, and I believe this is permanent especially after the hard drugs.

My appetite loss involved vomiting too, I vomiting countless times. Also, something messed up with my saliva for a while and I was coughing up tar for months. This was after smoking sooo long though and so much.

I never plan on quitting again that's why I don't have those problems anymore. I never run out to hell with running out. When I was using heroin I didn't notice when I stopped blazing. As at the time weed had become sadly irrelevant and it is a cure for everything like that.

Same here it was hell. I also moved to a cabin in the woods for 6 months to keep me away from it as the cravings after so many years were the heaviest I've had in my life. In hindsight I never should have quit but there was so much pressure to and not from me. I ended up keeping off the herb for three years.

I'll never quit again I'd rather kick an oc 80 habit hands down, personally it is hell to live without weed in the modern day world after 15 years of using is all day and night. I can't handle it, become completely hysteric and unreasonable. My brain has evolved to require pot, and I believe this is permanent especially after the hard drugs.

My appetite loss involved vomiting too, I vomiting countless times. Also, something messed up with my saliva for a while and I was coughing up tar for months. This was after smoking sooo long though and so much.

I never plan on quitting again that's why I don't have those problems anymore. I never run out to hell with running out. When I was using heroin I didn't notice when I stopped blazing. As at the time weed had become sadly irrelevant and it is a cure for everything like that.
If it helps you man by all means smoke to your hearts content. Not that you needed MY validation lol. There are much worse habits you can have than smoking a bit of weed, as you already know. I'll prob never go back to all day smoking, but I totally understand people like you who do. 99% of my friends do. It's the least harmful habit you can have.

I just went back to smoking cigarettes and drinking coffee like it's going out of style. I've quit everything, including weed. Only thing I still take is an opioid/opiate about once or twice a week to control nerve pain, other than that I'm 100% sober. I've learned to harness my anxiety, my mind feels so sharp when it's running a mile a minute, especially now that i stopped my whiskey and benzo habit. It's almost overwhelming.

If I can find something to focus that on, like studying rn, then it's easily manageable. But that's just me. I wouldn't ever tell anyone NOT to smoke weed! It's fucking amazing and I still have one day every week or two where I'll smoke my brains out. That use will go up once I get my brick of afghani hash though.

What if the only way I can function in life is with opiates though dude. That with opiates, I could go from a suicidal multi diagnosis panic freak wit extreme chronic pain going on a decade at a young age, ruined my 20's, to a functional human being with a good career job that I worked hard in school for before having my injury that has kept me bedridden in agony all morning. What if I can't get the fuck out of bed sometimes because of a disability weed does fuck all for to be honest, and there is a different drug that makes this pain evaporate and keep my head on my shoulders.

Cold water extracting some codeine today, a lot of it for multiple relatively accurate doses (accurate enough for my purposes). Weed makes me stupid when I smoke it all day, I've been trying to quit since fucking May and I kicked H cold turkey the first time, and I have realized that I cannot quit cannabis or cut back at all. I'd rather kick an OC80 hell even 2 of them, at least it doesn't make me lose my mind I just feel pain. I'm not when I'm on opiates it's a totally different thing I feel less high. I feel it when I don't have it. The only possible way I can think of to quit smoking weed abusively is to start using opiates again and I would not even notice. Yeah this sounds counterproductive but I am a functional heroin addict and I've never in my life been able to function using cannabis apart from when I was in school. It's time to embrace change.