• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Only Puff After Day's Business Is Over SUPPORT THREAD

CfZrx

Bluelighter
Hi, I guess there are plenty of reasons for me to just quit cannabis, but at the same time, it seems to help stabilize my moods, and I think it is time to accept that I need it, AND that I need to wait to vape until evening, after all is done and there are no more chores to attend to. My main reasons are 1) work is in the daytime, and 2) I really, really don't want a DUI. Please join me in my search for balance with the Green Medicine. We will try our hardest to abstain until our last chores are done :) This promises to be fucking difficult at first. :D

Day 1. Waited until I was home from work/driving to take 3 puffs and a hot bath. It was not difficult other than the early morning coffee without THC of course. I'm proud of myself and will continue this habit Dog willing!

Day 1 continues. I took a nap after my bath, and upon waking I am enjoying feeling clean n sober. That's right, I still have not puffed for the second time today. This is big progress for me! Anyone else out there trying to be a responsible cannabis patient?

day 3! will not puff till all car bisnass is done!

Day 1 continues. I took a nap after my bath, and upon waking I am enjoying feeling clean n sober. That's right, I still have not puffed for the second time today. This is big progress for me! Anyone else out there trying to be a responsible cannabis patient?

I'm not sure what the hell I'm doing to be honest. I have no compelling reason not to get high every day since my job doesn't care and I don't drive/work stoned anyway. It feels pretty good although I guess it would be even better if I only used once in a while. I still feel like I should be using less, like maybe once, max twice a week? Rather than multiple times a day.

My brain feels like it's full of static when I think about it, because I can't find a lead for a thought process/thought train related to how often I use weed. I have no compelling argument TO use it, and I also have no significant arguments NOT to use it. It's hard to describe, but I can't find a good starting point in my mind to think through "OK should I keep using daily/almost daily or cut way down/cut it out completely?". Hopefully this makes sense, sometimes I'm not sure if any of the shit I'm typing makes sense to anyone other than me.

I always seemed to enjoy it more when I only use once in the evenings after everything is done for the day. I seemed to appreciate the high more this way as opposed to smoking throughout the day. It really is a great way to relax plus tolerance doesn't develope as quickly, at least for me.

Plus the whole not driving while high thing. Lots of people argue they drive perfectly fine, if not better, while high. I don't know if that's true or not but regardless its best not to take a chance on a DUI.

I always seemed to enjoy it more when I only use once in the evenings after everything is done for the day. I seemed to appreciate the high more this way as opposed to smoking throughout the day. It really is a great way to relax plus tolerance doesn't develope as quickly, at least for me.

Plus the whole not driving while high thing. Lots of people argue they drive perfectly fine, if not better, while high. I don't know if that's true or not but regardless its best not to take a chance on a DUI.

Yeah I got no tolerance when I would use daily just once a day at night, but I drifted into peaking 3-4 times a day slowly and with that came real tolerance for once.

Since I got back into using weed as an insomnia med, it's pretty easy for me to stick to night-time only.

I really think that weed does affect my motivation so that is also a strong reason not to do it other than at night. I have a small group of friends that are stoners and we do get together for Stoned Boggle night (=D yep. you heard that right--we are all old). I enjoy the silliness and playfulness and downright hilarity but if I did this during the day I'm quite sure I would not get anything else done. I really think drug use is always about knowing yourself and the effects of a drug on you; and deciding from there what the healthiest relationship is. This goes for prescribed and otherwise.

I have no compelling argument TO use it
Sounds like you would benefit from joining the "only after all business is done" club. Prob at night only if at all.

I always seemed to enjoy it more when I only use once in the evenings after everything is done for the day. --- its best not to take a chance on a DUI.
Cool, look forward to seeing you on this thread to offer support and guidance to we who want to use in moderation and at specific times.

Since I got back into using weed as an insomnia med, it's pretty easy for me to stick to night-time only.
Great! Any support in this endeavor will be appreciated!

I like using in the daytime, maybe due to addiction but I like it. When I do that, like today, I will just walk/jog to the store for my avocados and other veggies. My main goal is to never drive with any amount of thc in my testable system. The new cannabis breathalyzer is said to analyze whether you used in the last 2 hours. Since a couple puffs keeps me spacey for 5-6 hours I need to be vigilant in not getting behind the wheel. I'm a great driver, but all it takes is some drunk hitting you and then you will get popped if you look a bit glossy/red when the cops show up!

Yes, only after the end of my job, followed with nice lunch. But that's at 16:30. :\ After lunch the weed and a few beers (or wine) is the only think that my mind is used to. A workout needs to be done at least 2 hours after a meal, but I'm already high and unable to do the workout after those 2 hours. The sun is shining and the weather is sweet ... I really have to figure out what to do after my job is done. Lighting a joint and a drinking booze is clearly NOT the answer.

What's funny though is after I abstained from weed and alc for a few months, I was laughing at myself to be that stupid to get stoned every day just because I thought I could not sleep without being heigh.

Yes, only after the end of my job, followed with nice lunch. But that's at 16:30. :\ After lunch the weed and a few beers (or wine) is the only think that my mind is used to. A workout needs to be done at least 2 hours after a meal, but I'm already high and unable to do the workout after those 2 hours. The sun is shining and the weather is sweet ... I really have to figure out what to do after my job is done. Lighting a joint and a drinking booze is clearly NOT the answer.

What's funny though is after I abstained from weed and alc for a few months, I was laughing at myself to be that stupid to get stoned every day just because I thought I could not sleep without being heigh.
Sounds like you are gonna start taking it easy with the weed too! I will wait till very late in the day today due to work and having to drive a lot. How are you doing today?

Today I waited till I was done driving at about 4PM to take one puff off my LINX HYPNOS ZERO vapepen. I think this is the way to go if you're gonna indulge in whatever cannabis seems to offer us. Later, like 730 pm I took a couple more puffs, and here I sit. I admit that early mornings are still kind of rocky. I miss the old euphoric coffee, but I believe you only get a certain period of time each day to really enjoy cannabis, and I'd like to save mine for the end of the day. When I vape all day I start to feel kind of burnt by 4pm 8(

i seem to have bad self control with waiting till the end of day. Even if i have work to do at home after i arrive home from work...i still smoke and do the work stoned which isn't ideal.

i seem to have bad self control with waiting till the end of day. Even if i have work to do at home after i arrive home from work...i still smoke and do the work stoned which isn't ideal.
Yes, I don't wait till night time. 3:30 is about my average so far. I think it's fine to do whatever around the home while baked. Today was the first time since reducing intake that my chronic neck pain flared up from a 2 to a 10. Haven't felt like this for years. I will continue to observe and try to find a nice balance between my need for more sobriety/clarity in my life, and my need for pain relief outside of increased opioid dose (currently on 5mg 3X day methadone), as my doc would never dream of increasing my dose!

I'm taking a break until at least Wednesday. Depending on how I feel I might extend it until Saturday (haven't been high since this past Friday). #1 reason is I became a little concerned about my use but nothing horrible, #2 reason is I'm actually starting to get a tolerance for once. For months and months of near daily use and frequently getting stupid high, I never had a noticeable tolerance. But the last few weeks it's been like a whole vaporizer chamber to get me high, it used to be I could get stupid high 3 times on a chamber.

I'm taking a break until at least Wednesday. Depending on how I feel I might extend it until Saturday (haven't been high since this past Friday). #1 reason is I became a little concerned about my use but nothing horrible, #2 reason is I'm actually starting to get a tolerance for once. For months and months of near daily use and frequently getting stupid high, I never had a noticeable tolerance. But the last few weeks it's been like a whole vaporizer chamber to get me high, it used to be I could get stupid high 3 times on a chamber.
I refrained from vaping until i was done driving and doing laundry.

The pain flare up recently in my otherwise chronic pain seems to be taking a 10 day vacation in my neck. I am still not smoking the mornings. I am impressed because I was so dependent on it that I thought it would not be possible to stay away for a few waking hours.

Today vaped before noon. Pain in my cervical spine is at a peak. That is all for today.

did some AM puffing. still in max pain from pinched nerve. anyone else making themselves try for sober mornings?

I feel better just not worrying about my usage. Sure, a gut check to make sure it's not interfering with my life is great once in a while, but if I sit here thinking for hours about whether my use is excessive or not, that just makes me feel a lot worse than going with the flow.