• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Only Puff After Day's Business Is Over SUPPORT THREAD

I feel better just not worrying about my usage. Sure, a gut check to make sure it's not interfering with my life is great once in a while, but if I sit here thinking for hours about whether my use is excessive or not, that just makes me feel a lot worse than going with the flow.
I too, have given up on my plan other than not smoking any less than 4 hours before driving. But I'll be back at it when this pain retreats (hopefully)!

funny how severely reducing my cannabis intake coincided with suddenly getting a pinched nerve in my neck!

funny how severely reducing my cannabis intake coincided with suddenly getting a pinched nerve in my neck!
I wonder if my consistent use of the herb for the duration of my neck arthritis, and the sudden onset of pain when i tapered, points to the anti-inflammatory effects of cannabis?

It's actually typical of heavy smokers. I mean, I know a pinched nerve is a sudden onset-kind of deal, but most people who develop a heavy weed habit do so because the stuff truly does offer relief for a ton of painful/irritating/annoying medical symptoms. It's just that prolonged heavy use eventually comes with it's own set of side effects.

You quit smoking and suddenly your body remembers what it's like to have to push through whatever symptoms cannabis was previously helping you manage. It can be a hell of a shock if you're not expecting it, and super discouraging when it comes to moderating your consumption.

If I'm sober in the morning I'm killing myself. I used to drink beer for breakfast before working in a wood shop from 9-5 with weed breaks all day and sometimes more beer with lunch when I'd go out to eat. Prior to this I used opiods and CNS stimulants to wake up and make myself pretend I cared about going to college. I think I'm doing alright just getting high on pot whenever I feel like it now since I"m not endangering anyone else's life driving like when I used to get drunk all the time to stabilize mood. I'm not a morning person I guess is the point I'm trying to make. To be honest I think the only reason I'm able to choose not to use hard drugs before I face the world is because for the first time in my life I don't hate my job/classes/girlfriend/whatever i was trying to censor with fuzzy fuck you chemicals in my brain before is gone.

This makes your struggle all the more impressive lol.

It can be a hell of a shock if you're not expecting it, and super discouraging when it comes to moderating your consumption.
You hit the nail on the head Jibult!

This makes your struggle all the more impressive lol.
lmao, yeah, it seems kinda silly now that I see how my pain is when I don't utilize the herb. p.s. I vape for better lungs hopefully!

lmao, yeah, it seems kinda silly now that I see how my pain is when I don't utilize the herb. p.s. I vape for better lungs hopefully!

Vaping is the future I'm trying to make a more concerted effort to quit burning my herb lately

I vape flowers so I'm not worried about it lol even when I do get wax it's usually rosin not BHO. I dont like BHOs taste as much and the high seems "flatter" than rosin

since I quit smoking for work for drug tests (not asking a drug test question, just stating why I quit my daily habit. still against the rules?) I found that I couldn't even really enjoy smoking up all day any more. now I get far to anxious and heady while stoned. maybe it's kuz now I have responsibilities? lol. anyway once you quit entirely or cut back to evenings only, weekends only usually in my case, its actually very hard to get back into smoking all day long. at least in my opinion anyway. you'll probably notice this too once ur head clears as many of my ex pothead friends agree with me on this one.
(pure extracts smoker now, no buds)

tl;Dr once you cut back from smoking all day every day it's usually harder to get back into the habit than it is to get out. imo anyway.

its actually very hard to get back into smoking all day long. at least in my opinion anyway. you'll probably notice this too once ur head clears as many of my ex pothead friends agree with me on this one.
(pure extracts smoker now, no buds)
right on, I've noticed this too, although I can easily get back to 24-7 Ive found.

I could do it if i wanted to, maybe not easily, I just see no benefit anymore. it seems like a totally different substance than when I was a kid lol

I've been doing well lately smoking only in the evening after my day is over. I like weed a lot and it relaxes me if I'm alone or with close friends, but I get anxious in public or if I'm trying to work. It's not a functional substance for me at all, great way to unwind at night though.

I'm probably going to have take a break soon since my school requires a drug test for the program I am starting in the fall. Thankfully they give me 90 days or something after it starts. I'm not sure if they'll take my card as a valid excuse in spite of having multiple valid reasons for needing it since MMJ is still pretty new in my state, It says you get one chance to retake if you fail but I should probably ask them so I can know in advance if I have to stop. It's in the type of work environment that typically requires random drug tests for everyone. Attitudes or changing though so maybe I'm overthinking things.

I've been severely cutting down anyway though. I had been dabbing/vaping way too much oil throughout the day recently for a bit. For the most part I'm trying to just keep it to the
little bit I need to kill some of my pain and get mild mental relaxation to help me get shit done or sleep.

I've been doing well lately smoking only in the evening after my day is over. I like weed a lot and it relaxes me if I'm alone or with close friends, but I get anxious in public or if I'm trying to work. It's not a functional substance for me at all, great way to unwind at night though.
Yes, I've always found it to be a nerve-wracking drug until you use it non-stop for a good while, then it becomes something else, a permanent altered state that feels safe for me.

I'm probably going to have take a break soon since my school requires a drug test for the program I am starting in the fall.
There is still plenty of prejudice against thc users. You are smart to clean up for the test. Sober October :) Do it with Joe Rogan and his comic buddies, listen to Rogan's podcast, you'll hear all about it as October approaches.

It's for their healthcare program so they have certain standards to follow but it's not like it's in the area that involves interacting with patients/having people's lives depend on my actions or having access to controlled substances so I don't see why I should have to be tested(for weed at least). One of my docs said they'd write a note for me so I'll see.

I agree with this thread. Sometimes I find myself skipping things I need to do because I smoked weed. And it makes me gain weight too.

Stopped smoking entirely now. By my own choice too. Every time I smoke I have instant regret followed by an anxiety attack.

I'm supposed to love this shit, what the fuck is wrong with me?!

Back to liquefying my brain with straight whiskey every night I guess ?

Compulsive weed smoking and dabbing has led me to waste a lot of time and money. Less is more with pot. I keep it to a heavy bong rip and wait long periods in between (compared to before) but it would be nice if I didn?t have to four times a day still.

I was chain smoking joints for a long time I?ve been doing well lately. I?m getting better stones too and starting to dream again but it takes time. I started this process in May and fully expect there to be days when I’m baked as all hell still. Just not all day it is not possible for me to get thr same amount f work done I cannot focus as well. There is a time and place I like to smoke at lunch but at least 6 hours apart now. Before it was limitless.