dramamine?

Memories_Lost

Bluelighter
i dunno if i spelled that right, but most ppl have hurd of it... its a sickness medication for when u travel on planes or boats... well i hear if u take a bottle of the stuff its like doin acid... ne comments?

Yes i do have a few comments. Read the guidelines. Use the search function. Try again later after you do some research.

Comments:

It is nothing like acid.
Almost all people do not enjoy the 'experience'.
There is a good chance of moderate to severe side effects.
Trips often end up as prolonged, painful, and unescapable nightmares.

Of course there are the few who enjoy it...

antihistamines/antiemetics (& anticholinergics) taken for "trippy" effects ("overdosing", ok?) generally give a "high" that is more of a delerium (or even a "toxic psychosis") than a "classic psychedelic trip", and, as noted by others, are generally not enjoyable to most people, and fraught with dangerous "side" effects ...

My friend had a terrible reaction to motion sickness tablets, pretty sure it was dramamine.

Not only did it take him a while to get over the incredibly unpleasant nature of the trip, but it ruined psychedelics for him! After that when he took shrooms he'd take a small dose and still start complaining that he was going back to "that place". I'm talking really sweaty face, hysterical look in his eyes going: "Nooo please NOT THAT AGAIN!!!!!" because he felt he was going back to the place the dramamine took him.

So he basically stopped taking any psychedelics, despite it being one of his biggest hobbies. He'd make mushroom tea for us and score weird things he read about on erowid and such, but never wanted to take any for himself again.

Probably the most extreme reaction I've ever heard of, but basically it is NOT a pleasant thing to experience.

--- G.

Eating dramamine is something stupid highschool kids do when they can't get real drugs. It is NOTHING even remotely like LSD. It produces a dangerous delerium. Be careful man if you intend to try this stuff. Works great for motion sickness though!

MGS this is tcopletely correct, and although i did enjoy draming at the time (freshman-year), i did not realize the damage it was doing to my brain. And like every other k-rad dr00gie kiddi3 I took waaaay to much dram to get madd fuxx3d up m4ne. Lol, memories.

Anyway, I am glad I am past that point in my life. That and inhalents.

Peace.
[ec]

Gotta agree with most other replies I had one experience with Dramamine when i was naive, stupid and immature. And that was one too many, getting poisoned on motion sickness tablet is a ridiculous thing to do. Its not tripping in the tradional sense, it doesn't provide magical images and mind expanding thoughts. Instead it kills your brain cells leaving blurs of vision and a lingering series of physical effects such as wide eyes for days, with extreme sensitivity to light. Im in complete amazement that this pointless poison is abused by a minority of uneducated and bored individuals. Its certainly not a halluceigen more like a deliriant. Total waste of time, if any regular users out their condone its recreational use you need your head checked ASAP. The negative effects outway the positive effects because there aren't any positives.

hmm well damn, i thought it was all a bunch of crap, but wow thats crazy. where i live in san diego we cant get ahold of acid... even if we can its in viel form and its around 300 bucks. im not stupid enuff to mess w/ over dosing mad on over the counter drugs. but wow thats nuts

I hate sour creme

There are lots of wonderful psychedelics out there besides LSD. You can buy mescaline-containing cacti at some nurseries during some parts of the year. Don't ask where to get them here, as it is against the rules. But do some reading at www.erowid.org and you will be surprised at what is out there.

let me tell u something about dramamine if you are actually considering taking it. First of all, its not ANY fun. you dont really even know you are fucked up while you are fucked up, and kinda have to just reflect on the things u did later to realize just how fucked up you were. I wouldnt even consider it a trip as much as i would a delerious state... heres an example

One night i took some dramamine with a friend of mine, i passed out, then woke up... it was 3 in the morning, and for some reason i thought it was time for school (it was the weekend), so i proceeded to get up and go downstairs and start ironing my clothes, when my mom came out and asked me what the fuck i was doing... and i had pretty much forgotten and had no answer
8( DEFINETLY NOT FUN AT ALL

I've "tripped" on dramamine about 4 times and I've enjoyed every trip. I'm really good at having control over my mind when taking drugs though.

I remember watching tv and staring at the walls and they started shaking really hard. A bunch of 2d objects turned 3d. I saw this yellow stain on a blue carpet that wasent there and it looked like it was really there. I said to my non tripping friend "hey what the hell is this stain man" and he says "dude, there's no stain there"

I remember looking at a painting and then a big damn spider crawled across it. There were these black things that flew around alot too, they looked like flies.

My friend who was tripping too told me the next day that he thought me and the other friend were on the couch and chair when he woke up up in the middle of the night, but we we'rent. The other friend went home and I was sleeping in bed. He also told me he heard music playing from my room perfectly, but I had no music on.

The downside is it's really really hard to stay awake.

I have a bottle of Dramamine. I'm soon to ingest. I am willing to risk the downsides and ill-effects to this high. I've been told to take almost a whole bottle to feel the effects (that's about 12). I have a feeling that is too much. Would this be severe OD? How many should I take? I'm 140 lbs and experienced with drugs of all sorts.

-kb

kbee, if you INSIST on taking dramamine than I will share with you my experience for the sake of harm reduction:

A 140 pound person would NOT overdose on 12 tablets, just make sure they are not the new recipie, get the purple 'original recepie'. I will not tell you how many you CAN take safely, because the things that might happen are just not cool, and i dont want to contribute to anything.

And seriously, draming is dumb. Don't do it. Smoke some weed or drink or even take some benzos for gods sake. But fuck dram. It left me with quite a case of HPPD, it really can fuck you up.

I tried Dramamine once...I ate 12 pills and ended up in the hospital because my heart started skipping beats. At first my heart woudl stop mid-beat for about 1 second and then my body would feel really cold and then I would take a deep breath in and my heart went back on beating....it did this every 30 seconds, and then I started to feel very light headed, I felt like I was going to pass out....so I decided....fuck instead of dying better go to the hospital....needless to say the doctors couldn't figure out why my heart reacted this way, but after treating me and getting the dramamine out of my system, they told me to stop doing drugs. Later on one of the male nurses came in and talked to me and he said something along the lines of "I know you are young and are havign a good time in life, and I'm not your parent but your in the hospital right now because your heart was palpitating, maybe you should re-evaluate some of your decisions since you were lucky enough to get through this experience. However I was a teenager once and I know how things are...so if your going to continue messing around with your body and substances do so responsibly."

A week after that my friend took some benydryl to get fucked up and he ended up going to the hospital because his throat closed up on him....ever since all this my rule is If your going to get fucked up take REAL illegal drugs....fuck OTC....and be careful with RX drugs!!!

It's up to you w/ the dramamine....but the general opinion on these boards is it's a bad thing to do.

drems...

i popped like 12 100mg once last year.... i tripped.... i didnt get a body buzz at all but i did see a bunny and a bunch of spiders on my bed.... i can still trip on other drugs tho, so i guess im fine. wouldnt do it again though...

twominds said:
Gotta agree with most other replies I had one experience with Dramamine when i was naive, stupid and immature. And that was one too many, getting poisoned on motion sickness tablet is a ridiculous thing to do. Its not tripping in the tradional sense, it doesn't provide magical images and mind expanding thoughts. Instead it kills your brain cells leaving blurs of vision and a lingering series of physical effects such as wide eyes for days, with extreme sensitivity to light. Im in complete amazement that this pointless poison is abused by a minority of uneducated and bored individuals. Its certainly not a halluceigen more like a deliriant. Total waste of time, if any regular users out their condone its recreational use you need your head checked ASAP. The negative effects outway the positive effects because there aren't any positives.
I think twominds sums it up perfectly.

twominds said:

What is "tripping in a traditional sence", anyway? Mushrooms cut off the oxygen to your brain. It is POISON, it's food poisoning. It's easy to ridicule drug use; lsd is a drug, too. It's a way for some one to escape reality; maybe they can't handle it. What ever you think is a better way to escape reality is your choice. i'm not trying to be harsh but this forum is supposed to be open minded. man, you're totaly just ridiculing this unique substance with no proper understanding of how powerful dramamine is; and what it can do. FUCK, LSD IS RAT POISON. KETAMINE IS HORSE TRANQUILIZER. MUSHROOMS GROW ON COW SHIT. The fuck are you trying to tell me, that just because dramamine is over the counter it's wrong to do?