• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

no wonder the OD levels in the UK are rising for fentanyl

I've had oxy off the darknet a few times, it came in UK branded blister packs and was the real deal. I was probably stupid for not testing it but hey... I'm still alive and it was definitely real oxycodone in there.

I certainly would not touch any loose oxy with a ten foot barge pole especially not from the USA, but oxy is such an obscure drug in the UK I have never heard of anyone bothering to make blister packed fakes here. Not that it can't be done, because it for sure is easily possible to fake a blister pack, I just don't think the demand is there for anyone to bother.

However that is a genuine concern for its potential future popularity. If it gets as big as I predict it will - and I do think it'll explode as a new trend just like Xanax has - then you absolutely will get counterfeit blisters and we will have to be very careful.

Right now though I'd guess the odds of that are very low for the moment. I've never heard of fake oxy coming out of a blister pack with a UK pharma brand on it. But do not accept any oxy outside of a blister pack and absolutely do not import any from the USA.

Regarding Prince, and the other celebrity fent deaths like Lil Peep, the US and UK pharma opiate markets are very very different kettles of fish in this respect. The demand for pharma opiates and oxy in particular is massive in the US so the demand for fakes naturally follows and they have fake oxy everywhere, especially those Roxy 30's which are notorious for all being fent presses, and those cause a lot of the OD's including Peep's.

This didn't happen to Tom Petty though. He died of an accidental overdose from his prescribed medication. Docs scripted him oxy, fent, and benzos all at the same time. Which is just a recipe for an OD right there but it was legitimately scripted pharmaceuticals he was taking.

But on our side of the pond most people don't even know what an oxy is. The demand just isn't there to pump out fakes when in Europe it's actually not very difficult to get stock of real diverted oxy. Mundipharma is making sure of that. They want oxy everywhere and it's happening.

For the sake of harm reduction though here's a tip, it's by no means 100% but it's a good indicator: a real OC will be white inside. Many of the fakes are coloured all the way through. So cut your OC in half, if it's coloured all the way through I wouldn't risk consuming it as it's most certainly fake. The white middles seem to be consistent among various generic brands as well so it's not just the OxyContin/Longtec this applies to.

Yeah, he's right. Methadone IS a good med for neuropathic pain unlike most opioids. It has (weak) NMDA antagonist effects, which helps a lot, means its actually effective for neuropathic pain.