• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health zyprexa for anxiety

Status
Not open for further replies.

trainman04

Bluelighter
I have tried various drugs for my anxiety ssri , snri ,maoi and some other but the only thing that worked was zyprexa.. now how can a medication for schizophrenia work for my social anxiety? I have tried a different antipsychotic medication seroquel which didnt work for my anxiety so its not related to dopamine.. I know zyprexa hits quite lot of receptors etc in the brain.. anyone have any idea how zyprexa could be helping with my anxiety ? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olanzapine#Pharmacology
Maybe someone with knowledge in receptors / pharmacology knows?

5ht2a/c
H1

Id elaborate but already late basically google

5ht2a anxiety in scholar.google.com

Or

Combined ssri+atypical antipsychotic anxiety seritonin 5 ht2a receptors

5ht2a/c
H1

Id elaborate but already late basically google

5ht2a anxiety in scholar.google.com

Or

Combined ssri+atypical antipsychotic anxiety seritonin 5 ht2a receptors
ive tried cyproheptadine and mirtazapine neither of which helped anxiety.

Any other idea what it could be? i really wanna find out . H1? histamine 1??? explain?

I am not a doctor but i have no idea why zyprexa would differ vs seroquel given the dose of seroquel was sufficient.

The DSM labels and medication classes and labels are much more amorphous than many are lead to believe. Especially since you're taking the substance, but also because psychiatry is not really a science but a field of statistics, it will likely not help, probably make things worse, and not reveal any special mechanism that will offer the insight you desire.

It may be due to Zyprexa having some sort of GABAergic activity, as many anxiolytics do. There's not really any hard reduction value to this thread. Please use google scholar or pubmed to do your own research. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.