Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

IV MDA crystals - First time ever using MDA - Untitled

Mind-Melt

Bluelighter
I am well versed in opiates, benzos, and cannabis, but stimulants and MDxx compounds are not drugs of choice. I rarely come across any MDxx compounds, and I am very skilled with intravenous administration after a decade+ of opiate use IV, so I decided I wanted to IV it. I came across ~ .3 g of MDA in crystalline form, appearing as small brown crystals comparable to Pure Cane Sugar when it is in crystal form, only a bit lighter than the brown sugar crystals. I did my research, accepted the warnings, and went for it. (Note: IV MDA is risky and not recommended. Many knowledgeable people insist that you should not IV MDA, as well as other MDxx compounds. )

Time: 6:00 pm - .04 g AKA 40 mg IV MDA
I mixed 40 mg MDA with water and stirred. Filtered with micron filter. Never heated it. The injection solution stung a bit. I could feel it travel through my vein up my arm as it burned and tingled the whole way up my arm. I imagined this is HORRIBLE for my veins. Onset took about 20 seconds to begin after injecting, as I watched some hives form on my arm near the injection site. The burning and tingling subsided in about 20 seconds, and then a moderately long come-up followed. I became noticeably more affected by the chemical every minute for the next 15-17 minutes. I smoked a pipe full of bomb weed during those 15-17 minutes. Effects during the come up included a warm, tingly sensation all over, a noticeable change in vision such as brighter colors and shifting borders. There was intense euphoria. A bliss-like state. I feel as though I can feel the chemical inside my eyes, a strange feeling probably having something to do with my massively dilated pupils. My respiratory rate increased, and I became much more aware of my breathing. I felt slightly warm all over my body. Mild perspiration occurred in a 70 degree Celsius room. I felt mellow, but not drained or tired. I just felt like I was chilling, kind of like if I smoked some weed. (Oh wait, I had, lol, but this was even more than a weed-level mellowness buzz.) It strangely felt like a downer, even though it's an amphetamine. I felt slightly sexually stimulated, but I don't think I could have gotten erect if I tried. Once the plateau came and the effects stopped getting stronger, it lasted about 3-3.5 hours before I began to come down. The plateau was more of the same effects. Visual distortion. There were closed-eye visuals constantly. If I closed my eyes, the image of what I was just looking at would remain in my "sight" and then morph into crazy shit like fractals or looking like the image is dripping down and out of sight. The MDA made a lot of things really funny, comparable to those mushroom giggles. I laughed a lot for no reason. I was just chilling in my house looking at cool stuff, writing some poetry. Music sounded amazing. I could feel the bass in my chest like being at a concert with MASSIVE subwoofers / speakers. I also felt as though I could literally feel the drug coursing through my brain and my eyes. It was a wild feeling. At about t+ 2 hours, the hives on my arm were gone. The come down was not rough at all, but I ate 10mg val and started smoking more weed at about t+4.5 hours so that has to be considered. Then I went to bed and slept great.

To end, I don't recommend that you ever use MDA intravenously. I can't stress this enough. Please just eat it if you must take it. I know this report sounds good and fun, but the stuff is dangerously strong, assumedly HORRIBLE for your veins, and I believe, a known neurotoxin. The feeling in my head could have been my brain cells popping for all I know. I am willing to answer any questions you have. In the future I may write about my 2nd and last time, trying 90mg IV. This was not smart of me. I may write up that story tomorrow if this is received well. Thanks for reading!

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_mda
substancecode_empathogens
explevel_firsttime
exptype_positive
exptype_glowing
roacode_iv

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you find the 40mg to be a good dose? It sounds like your 90mg trial was probably too much, looking forward to reading it. I guess what I'm trying to ask is what dose IV do you think would be ideal for you? Was 40mg sufficient or would you try somewhere between 40-90mg if you were ever going to try it again?

Thank you for the report.

30 - 40 mg seemed to be a good moderate dose to test the waters. Yes, 80-90 mg was too much. Too intense. I would say anything over 60mg is really pushing it and will be a bad (or fatal) time. If I ever were to do it again, it would be 40-50 mg.

75mg of rectal 6-apb HCl was overwhelming, let this data serve as a starting point for this type of compounds.
I do not want to even think about what would be intravenous ...

DocLad

Very good TR, thank you Mind-Melt! :)

Big fan of MDA myself. 6-APDB comes closest but 6-APB feels quite different to me, like its not really releasing serotonin but rather inhibits it's breakdown more. 6-APB has more of a cold tone to it.

Usually 40-50mg of plugged MDA (or 6-APDB) does the job for me. I like it's stoning effects, its a pretty good stuff to take when you're alone, unlike MDMA.

Volsam, I also have 6-apdb but I have not given it a chance yet. Can you add a link so we can see the serotonin release values ​​of the two compounds? Have you seen any webpage or something? I would say that 6-apb is also a liberator, although it is possible that to a lesser extent, I do not know. I do not think that the difference of oxygen position in the benzofuran ring is so important for one to release serotonin and the other does not, although I am not an expert, I could be wrong.

For me, 6-apb felt like a roll of MDA, really. I noticed some differences but I think they are attributed to the administration route.

Well, I just found the following information on Wikipedia:

Pharmacodynamics:

6-APB is a serotonin-norepinephrine-dopamine reuptake inhibitor (SNDRI) with Ki values ​​of 117, 150, and 2698 nM for the norepinephrine transporter (NET), dopamine transporter (DAT), and serotonin transporter (SERT), respectively. In addition, 6-APB not only blocks the reuptake of these monoamine neurotransmitters but is also a releasing agent of them; that is, it is a serotonin-norepinephrine-dopamine releasing agent (SNDRA). In addition to actions at the monoamine transporters, 6-APB is a potent full agonist of the serotonin 5-HT2B receptor (Ki = 3.7 nM), with higher affinity for this target than any other site. Moreover, unlike MDMA, 6-APB shows 100-fold selectivity for the 5-HT2B receptor over the 5-HT2A and 5-HT2C receptors. It is notably both more potent and more selective as an agonist of the 5-HT2B receptor than the reference 5-HT2B receptor agonist, BW-723C86, which is commonly used for research into the 5-HT2B receptor. Aside from the 5-HT2B receptor, 6-APB has also been found to bind with high affinity to the α2C-adrenergic receptor subtype (Ki = 45 nM), although the clinical significance of this action is unknown. 6-APB showed little other affinity at a wide selection of other sites.

6-APB is also a liberator. You may have noticed differences with MDA, but it is very likely that it is only a subjective impression. In fact, 6-apb weakens in the reuptake of serotonin, in any case. Next year I will try 6-apdb and I will be able to see the differences myself.

DocLad

Last edited:
6-APB is the strongest agonist of 5-HT2B known to humanity... enough to make me never try it because of possible heart problems it theoretically could cause.

The cardiac problems caused by the 5HT2b receptor agonism, I believe, only manifest themselves with the exaggerated use of the substances that agonize them. I do not think you have any problem taking 6-apb a few times during your life.

Anyway, there are always other empatogens with a lower affinity for that receptor that are valid in the same way to enjoy those effects.

DocLad

Quick question....... I thought MDA was already liquid base form and to solidify it , that's where extra M comes in to play. Which turns it into the cane sugar?

By "the cane sugar", do you mean its crystal form? All phenethylamines like MDA are volatile oils in freebase form, so you never see them that way. Instead they're attached to an acid to form a salt, usually the hydrochloride salt. Freebase or hydrochloride, they're both MDA though... it stands for MethyleneDioxyAmphetamine. MDMA is MethyleneDioxyMethAmphetamine. I've never heard of anyone ever getting either except as crystals or powder (which is just finely crushed crystals).

OK thanks for the info always thought MDA was liquid and then they use the meth as the catalyst to form the crystals or what we used to call rootbeer dope

Wow there are some weird drug urban legends out there! Also FYI, meth is methamphetamine, which is also a phenethylamine, so it's also a volatile oil in freebase form and you'll only ever find it in salt form. Meth, MDA and MDMA are all both phenethylamines and amphetamines. MDMA is just meth with a methylenedioxy group attached to it, of course that makes it a unique drug with very different effects.

The government gave some prisoner 500mg IV MDA in the 50s. Woe, imagine that! He died. (it's in PiHKAL)

The government gave some prisoner 500mg IV MDA in the 50s. Woe, imagine that! He died. (it's in PiHKAL)

Yeah, f***ing "army study" "scientists" (sounds absolutely ridiculous to me - army study my ass!) as a part of MKULTRA project injected 450mg into a depressed tennis player Harold Blauer, who unfortunately for him decided to check in to NY psychiatry clinic ("One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" comes to mind immediately). I hope the dude at least had some nice moments of clarity and euphoria before passing out...

that would have been one sweet, anxiety-filled way to leave this world.

when I shot about 100mg it felt like it could definitely give a much weaker person a heart attack. Probably just anxiety though.

I have a hunch as to where that 'meth' 'catalyst' for turning a liquid into a solid is, with the reference to rootbeer.

MDMA is often made from safrole, a naturally occurring propenylbenzene, many of which are found in plants and when extracted, and the resulting essential oil fractionally distilled in order to collect the desired propenylbenzenes, allylbenzenes etc. that can serve as precursors for various substituted amphetamines, including MDMA. Then a ketone is produced from these, and these reductively aminated to give the product. In the case of a methamphetamine, this would mean using methylamine.

Safrole itself smells like rootbeer and used to be used for making it, before the US authorities declared it to be a carcinogen and hepatotoxin. Doubtless because they wanted to crack down on its availability due to its utility in manufacturing MDxx IMO. Safrole is an oil at room temperature, although with a pretty high freezing point, so it doesn't take a great deal of effort to cool it sufficiently for it to temporarily coagulate.

The 'meth' in this context is most likely to mean methylamine, for the reductive amination step, probably clandestine chemist shorthand, its a relative of ammonia, which has a sharp, acrid, biting fishy stench, the freebase of methylamine is gaseous, so storage is in the form of salts, as it, like other amines is basic and forms salts with acids, generally, a solution of the freebase in an alcoholic solvent would be used, forming an intermediate imine which is finally reduced to the amine itself, MDMA.