• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Chinabunchara / Chinabunchorn / Jinabunchorn / [however else it's spelled in English]

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
Curious if anyone has any relationship with this text. I forget the common name for it, something about wearing or dwelling in the "Victorious Armor" or something...

Here's some random blog that has a little bit of explanation, although I cannot vouch for their Swarovski crystal business :\

The amulet trade is big business, but I'm more interested in the text. I like this particular animated rendition of it, quite touching to me.

Thoughts? :)

So, I did a bit of searching on this subject. The language barrier makes progress difficult but what I did find is a translation of the prayer. It's a mantra which I suppose could be considered a text. The majority of content I found regarding this mantra typically leads to amulets for sale pages. Here is a page with a translation of the mantra, though I cannot attest to its accuracy. No mention of victorious armor....
https://www.thailandamulets.com/information.php?id=74&type=1

I’ll have to ask my advisor what the common name is.

It’s a very popular sacred text in Thai Theravada Buddhism. Not unusual for Thai Buddhists to know it by heart from what I hear. For better or worse, the amulet trade is HUGE business in Thailand, as it is growing internationally as well. Kinda sad imho, but it is what it is (a response to the pressures and dislocation of modernity from what I understand).

Thanks for the reply! :)

Hopefully this won’t die and others will chime in about some aspect of this. I do love that animation for this. But hey not gonna hold my breath on this thread...