• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Money

Hector

Bluelighter
I can't believe how much money I've wasted on drugs. There's so much I could have done instead of drugs. Could have gone travelling, bought my own place, shown some respect for my parents and helped them financially but like a waster of an addict I've blown the majority of my money on drugs.

What a sad realisation

This will probably be deleted cause this is merely a rant and downer on myself. I imagine folks can relate though. It sucks to think about it.

It's not the end of the world. You can still turn your life around.

I got clean and went on a handful of vacations. Very worthwhile. Try not to dwell on what you could have done, but what you can do :)

Yeah, it is sobering (no pun intended). My DOC was alcohol, which in context is cheap, but all the fines, lawyers, replacing things that were damaged or stolen have added up to many tens of thousands of dollars.

thinking about how much i?ve spent on drugs is horrifying. that said, a lot of non drug addicts waste their money too. most.

when i?m sober money piles up so fast. because money is for necessities and drugs. remove the drugs and all the sudden i?m absurdly frugal. what is shopping?

Nice thoughts. True that.

Indeed.

I don't want to make unilateral statements, but where I live, you can go to the mountains, the beach, lakes or rivers quite easily and affordably. There's a lot to see out there in the world.

I love seeing the beach and the mountains in the same day.

it really is crazy how much money people waste on drugs. one of the things that helped push me into getting clean was being tired of having to choose between being sick or being broke all the time.

you can always rebuild tho. its never too late to start anew or turn things around.