Is Washing Your Hands Really Necessary After Taking A Dump?

I agree. It's like when your a baby you eat things off the floor and you become immune to the germs. Someone not washing their hands is unlikely to spread disease because once your an adult growing up over the years you have become immune to bacteria.

No, it doesn't work that way.

No one becomes immune to e coli by eating shit.

Sure, it's true we need to be exposed to germs to build immunity but thinking that eating your own shit is going to make you immune to bacteria is taking it too far.

If you get enough of the wrong kind of bacteria in you it's going to make you sick, and it's disgusting.

Wash your hands.

I mean if for no other reason for all the other people who have to touch the shit you touch.

It's fucking selfish as hell to subject people to that.

Last edited:
Here guys, it's the fucking Center for Disease Control.

Take their word for it:

https://www.cdc.gov/handwashing/why-handwashing.html

"Feces (poop) from people or animals is an important source of germs like Salmonella,E. coli O157, and norovirus that cause diarrhea, and it can spread some respiratory infections like adenovirus and hand-foot-mouth disease. These kinds of germs can get onto hands after people use the toilet or change a diaper, but also in less obvious ways, like after handling raw meats that have invisible amounts of animal poop on them. A single gram of human feces—which is about the weight of a paper clip—can contain one trillion germs 1. Germs can also get onto hands if people touch any object that has germs on it because someone coughed or sneezed on it or was touched by some other contaminated object. When these germs get onto hands and are not washed off, they can be passed from person to person and make people sick.

Handwashing with soap removes germs from hands. This helps prevent infections because:

• People frequently touch their eyes, nose, and mouth without even realizing it. Germs can get into the body through the eyes, nose and mouth and make us sick.
  • Germs from unwashed hands can get into foods and drinks while people prepare or consume them. Germs can multiply in some types of foods or drinks, under certain conditions, and make people sick.
  • Germs from unwashed hands can be transferred to other objects, like handrails, table tops, or toys, and then transferred to another person’s hands.
  • Removing germs through handwashing therefore helps prevent diarrhea and respiratory infections and may even help prevent skin and eye infections.
Teaching people about handwashing helps them and their communities stay healthy. Handwashing education in the community:

• Reduces the number of people who get sick with diarrhea by 31% 1, 2
  • Reduces diarrheal illness in people with weakened immune systems by 58% 3
  • Reduces respiratory illnesses, like colds, in the general population by 16-21% 2, 4"

Last edited:
Why would I eat my own shit? There’s no shit on my hands. There’s not even shit on the TP/baby wipe.

Here guys, it's the fucking Center for Disease Control.

Take their word for it:

https://www.cdc.gov/handwashing/why-handwashing.html

"Feces (poop) from people or animals is an important source of germs like Salmonella,E. coli O157, and norovirus that cause diarrhea, and it can spread some respiratory infections like adenovirus and hand-foot-mouth disease. These kinds of germs can get onto hands after people use the toilet or change a diaper, but also in less obvious ways, like after handling raw meats that have invisible amounts of animal poop on them. A single gram of human feces?which is about the weight of a paper clip?can contain one trillion germs 1. Germs can also get onto hands if people touch any object that has germs on it because someone coughed or sneezed on it or was touched by some other contaminated object. When these germs get onto hands and are not washed off, they can be passed from person to person and make people sick.

Handwashing with soap removes germs from hands. This helps prevent infections because:

• People frequently touch their eyes, nose, and mouth without even realizing it. Germs can get into the body through the eyes, nose and mouth and make us sick.
  • Germs from unwashed hands can get into foods and drinks while people prepare or consume them. Germs can multiply in some types of foods or drinks, under certain conditions, and make people sick.
  • Germs from unwashed hands can be transferred to other objects, like handrails, table tops, or toys, and then transferred to another person?s hands.
  • Removing germs through handwashing therefore helps prevent diarrhea and respiratory infections and may even help prevent skin and eye infections.
Teaching people about handwashing helps them and their communities stay healthy. Handwashing education in the community:

• Reduces the number of people who get sick with diarrhea by 31% 1, 2
  • Reduces diarrheal illness in people with weakened immune systems by 58% 3
  • Reduces respiratory illnesses, like colds, in the general population by 16-21% 2, 4"

Wow, the government now thinks its their place to tell people whether they should wash their hands or not! If people don't see this an infringement on personal freedoms that the fucking federal government is telling people petty and meaningless shit like that "they should wash their hands", then I don't know what kind of sheeple nation we are becoming. Fuck the CDC and the rest of the lying government for trying to micromanage things like this. Keep in mind these are the same clowns that decided that flouride should be put in the water supply and that cannabis is a horrible drug that will make you crazy...... and continues to schedule it. So in my mind, if the CDC says to wash, my inclination is more likely to lean in the direction of don't wash. As I haven't washed in a long time and have been just fine....... yet another example of the government being wrong. Just like they're wrong that if one goes out and smokes a joint that they'll go insane and become addicted to crack because its a "gateway drug". Fucking bunch of clowns.

It's just advice dude, calm down.

Personal freedom is important. So is the freedom to not get ecoli from disgusting people who don't bathe or wash their hands. lulz

Get a Japanese toilet to clean you hands free.

Wow, the government now thinks its their place to tell people whether they should wash their hands or not! If people don't see this an infringement on personal freedoms that the fucking federal government is telling people petty and meaningless shit like that "they should wash their hands", then I don't know what kind of sheeple nation we are becoming. Fuck the CDC and the rest of the lying government for trying to micromanage things like this. Keep in mind these are the same clowns that decided that flouride should be put in the water supply and that cannabis is a horrible drug that will make you crazy...... and continues to schedule it. So in my mind, if the CDC says to wash, my inclination is more likely to lean in the direction of don't wash. As I haven't washed in a long time and have been just fine....... yet another example of the government being wrong. Just like they're wrong that if one goes out and smokes a joint that they'll go insane and become addicted to crack because its a "gateway drug". Fucking bunch of clowns.

I don't even know where to begin with this.

THEY ARE RIGHT that it is unsanitary not to wash your hands after taking a shit, it's just plain science.

Your experience of not getting sick because you don't wash your hands is anecdotal.

Jesus christ, in what world do people think it's not a good idea to wash your hands after taking a shit.

There's no agenda here, it's not propaganda, it's a simple fact that not washing your hands after taking a shit spreads disease.

Jesus fucking christ, take 2 minutes or less to wash your hands after taking a shit and stop making it into a conspiracy.

Let me ask you this question though it goes beyond simple hand washing, but it relates as it is an issue of washing:

I do martial arts like Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu where people wrestle with eachother

Have you ever heard of MRSA, which is Methicillin Resistant Staph Infection?

It gets spread all the time when people don't wash themselves properly and is all over the place at gyms and places like that, but it also exists in most bathrooms most likely.

So...when I go to Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, if I have an open cut it can get infected with MRSA and I could potentially die or lose a limb if I don't then get on special super powerful antibiotics.

MRSA is spread when people don't wash themselves properly and you can give it to someone if it's on your hands and you don't wash them.

So, lets say I go to Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and someone who goes there has been really dirty, not washing their hands, and I have an open cut and they touch it, then they can potentially KILL me!

All because they didn't wash their hands.

Usually it is more than just that, and comes from not washing the mats etc, but it's all over the place, especially in hospitals.

Lets say for some reason you have to go to the hospital and after coming home you don't wash your hands, and I have a blister on my hands and you shake my hand: that could potentially kill me if you have MRSA on your hands and it gets in my cut, or if I am lucky enough to realize I am infected quickly enough I could just get my arm amputated to save my life.

I know people who have almost died from MRSA by having it spread to them by unclean conditions while training in BJJ, and unclean conditions are cause by unclean people.

I know of a friend of a friend who died because he had a cut on his hand and played golf with a group of strangers, and most likely there was MRSA on one of the clubs which got on there from a particularly unclean person sharing the club with them.

MRSA is EVEYWHERE, it's probably in the room you are in right now, and you can spread it to others if you don't wash your hands.

You can, under certain conditions, risk other people's lives by not washing your hands, and if that isn't fucking selfish, then I don't know what is.

https://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-and-treatments/understanding-mrsa-prevention

Last edited:
Why would I eat my own shit? There’s no shit on my hands. There’s not even shit on the TP/baby wipe.

How is there not shit on the paper thin paper you use to wipe your ass with?

If you used it to wipe your ass how is there not shit on it?

Jesus christ, some people on this forum are just not very smart.

There's no conspiracy by the CDC telling people shit spreads disease, this is simple science.

And if you think you are doing the right thing "rebelling" by not washing your hands after taking a shit then think about the completely innocent people you shake your hands with who are your friends or co workers who now have shit on their hands because you were such a dick as not to wash.

Even if they DON'T get sick they did nothing to deserve having shit germs put on their hands and it's fucking selfish as hell.

Yes, there is shit on your hands if you don't wash, and yes, it's unsanitary and science proves it can spread disease, and it's selfish as all fucking hell not to wash your hands and spread germs to others.

Last edited:
More on MRSA:

The spread of MRSA is promoted by:

• Close skin-to-skin contact
  • Openings in the skin, like cuts or abrasions
  • Contaminated items and surfaces
  • Crowded living conditions, like hospitals and prisons
  • Poor hand hygiene

Landsunkown:

So you think the CDC is corrupt and don't want to take their advice?

I recommend first you look up MRSA on Wikipedia and see what it can do, here's a bit of info:

//en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methicillin-resistant_Staphylococcus_aureus

First they mention that the CDC says to wash your hands to prevent it:

Hand washing[edit]

The CDC offers suggestions for preventing the contraction and spread MRSA infection which are applicable to those in community settings, including incarcerated populations, childcare center employees, and athletes. To prevent the spread of MRSA the recommendations are to wash hands using soap and water or an alcohol-based sanitizer. Additional recommendations are to keep wounds clean and covered, avoid contact with other people's wounds, avoid sharing personal items such as razors or towels, shower after exercising at athletic facilities, and shower before using swimming pools or whirlpools.[69]

And here is what MRSA can do to someone, cause according to Web MD it now kills more people in the U.S. than AIDS:

https://www.webmd.com/skin-problems...20071016/more-us-deaths-from-mrsa-than-aids#1

Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) was responsible for an estimated 94,000 life-threatening infections and 18,650 deaths in 2005, CDC researchers report in the Oct. 17 issue of The Journal of the American Medical Association.

But oh look, it's the CDC again!! They must be utterly corrupt so you should ignore them!!

And guess what, but I don't know if you've ever used intravenous drugs or heroin, but if you have you are VERY likely to come into contact with MRSA at some point which you can spread to others if you don't wash your hands regularly and shower.

And if you don't spread it to others, you could kill yourself by being unsanitary.

Every single time I do martial arts I wash my body and/or hands for at least 3 minutes with Hibiclens (the only hospital/doctor approved anti-microbial soap) because I know I am exposed to MRSA.

But other situations where MRSA can be spread are in ANY public bathroom, dormitories, close living quarters, intravenous drug use, etc.

You have DEFINITELY had MRSA on you in your life without knowing it, and you can spread it to others if you don't wash their and it could kill them.

So congrats on being a rebel...

I mean jesus fucking christ "Infringement on personal freedoms to tell people to do meaningless shit like wash their hands" hahaha.

Tell me, exactly what constitutional right is the CDC infringing upon by telling you its a good idea to wash your hands to avoid spreading disease and exactly why is it "meaningless and petty"?? (and the CDC is not responsible for scheduling Weed, their only job is to prevent the spread of disease and they are not a corrupt org)

People sure are upset at the idea that they should wash their hands and take a shower regularly, I mean what the fuck...

Last edited:
Landsuknown: interesting, from your post history I can see that you DO have interest in martial arts and MMA.

Well let me tell something, I am probably more experienced then you and I know how much MRSA there is on the mat and how important it is to regularly wash your hands and shower if you continue doing it.

I am a brown belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and have been doing it for 21 years since age 15 and I'm 38. I have done over 34 tournaments, train in MMA, boxing for a few years, a bit of Muay Thai and wrestling, and was a second degree Brown Belt in Kenpo, Karate. I train in MMA with a well known MMA fighter who corners certain MMA fighters in the UFC, and he himself has had MRSA before and was laid up for a weeks in BAD shape because someone he trained with didn't wash themselves regularly.

I have a friend who is a black belt in BJJ who was HOURS away from death months ago because he had a cut on his knee that got infected with MRSA because of unclean conditions while training.

Basically, MRSA is everywhere even though we don't see it, and washing your hands and body regularly, especially with anti-microbial soap, can prevent it.

It grows and harvests in gyms and martial arts schools, but also is VERY common among intravenous drug users, is present in almost every public bathroom, is rampant in hospitals, schools, all public places, and when you don't keep yourself clean you are creating Prime conditions for harvesting MRSA to spread to others.

So if you are thinking of continuing to train in martial arts and NOT be very careful to wash your hands and shower regularly, congratulations, you are not only risking your own life, but those of your training partners.

At my gym right now, if my instructor knew a student like you had such un-hygenic practices, you wouldn't even be allowed on the mat as you'd be considered to be a danger to others.

Some old houses in Europe don't have a sink where the toilet is , guess a lot of nasties over there .

This thread utterly horrifies me :(

This thread utterly horrifies me :(

Seriously.

The amount of people here who are really adamantly trying to defend not taking 2 minutes to wash their hands after taking a shit?

It's almost like maybe certain hard drug users have way of life that involves being filthy and is being challenged and they need to defend it or some shit lol.

I mean if you are going to be totally disgusting and filthy can't you at least recognize it spreads illness but you are just fucking lazy? LOL

I don't know if I'm alone in saying that I've occasionally gotten a visible little bit of shit on my hand with a mistimed wipe and that fills me with atavistic horror.

And it should. Feces is unclean and dangerous and I thought it was biologically ingrained in humans to avoid it and clean after it. I was wrong and the world will never be the same. :(

For all you people saying paper has traces of shit on it well what about when you pull your pants up that means your leaving pieces of shit on your pants unless you wash your hands then pull your pants up. I see this impossible to do in a public bathroom unless you don't care and just walk out the cubicle with your pants down and go to wash your hands?

I have a weird hunch majority of here never took a class of microbiology.

For all you people saying paper has traces of shit on it well what about when you pull your pants up that means your leaving pieces of shit on your pants unless you wash your hands then pull your pants up. I see this impossible to do in a public bathroom unless you don't care and just walk out the cubicle with your pants down and go to wash your hands?

You don't shake pants with people, or eat with your pants or use your pants to wipe your eyes right? If you are careful, you could even pull your pants up with your non-wiping hand. If in doubt, after you pull your pants up, wash your hands. There is no excuse for not taking 30 seconds to do this.