Bluelight

Thread: Is Washing Your Hands Really Necessary After Taking A Dump?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Collapse Details

Sometimes toilet paper just doesn't cut it.

2. Collapse Details

Philosophy and Spirituality
    Quote Originally Posted by swilow View Post
    I've got a bidet in one of my bathrooms. I use it sometimes but generally tp is my preferred method of cleaning. That said, I use the bidet enough to make me feel slightly unclean without it. Yay.
    Do you have the luxury one that sprays warm water? I always wonder about getting one but the water is too cold, especially in the winter when the pipes are freezing.

3. Collapse Details

Current Events and Politics
    Non-Electronic Music Discussion
    Shielding off the weakening beams of salvation shining upon the mournful gloom of Earth
    ^No bells and whistles, it's like a slightly different shapes toilet pan with a small mixer tap that sorta angles up So warm water at least! Its next to the regular toilet.

Now squat toilets are something else entirely.

4. Collapse Details

So guys, is it really necessary to wash my hands if I touch toxic waste but I have my hands wrapped in toilet paper?

No right?

And the other question I have, which is almost too silly to ask cause I KNOW it's totally safe but:

What if I have an open cut that's bleeding a lot and I'm touching live samples of the AIDS virus but I've got some toilet paper kind of loosely taped around the cut....that's cool right?

Cause toilet paper is super protective, so yeah...

5. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    What if you scrunch it up into little balls so there's a big, protective layer? Not folding because then it's thin.

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Specified View Post
    What if you scrunch it up into little balls so there's a big, protective layer? Not folding because then it's thin.
    You are still getting germs on your hands.

Just wash your hands!!!

7. Collapse Details

Philosophy and Spirituality
    Quote Originally Posted by Mycophile View Post
    So guys, is it really necessary to wash my hands if I touch toxic waste but I have my hands wrapped in toilet paper?

No right?

And the other question I have, which is almost too silly to ask cause I KNOW it's totally safe but:

What if I have an open cut that's bleeding a lot and I'm touching live samples of the AIDS virus but I've got some toilet paper kind of loosely taped around the cut....that's cool right?

Cause toilet paper is super protective, so yeah...
    qft lmao

8. Collapse Details

You guys are babies lol. People wouldn?t get sick from some rando not washing his hands if it wasn?t for every year people being more and more and more obsessed with constantly washing their hands,using sanitizer, taking antibiotics several times a year and then stronger ones when they don?t work any more. All the clean freaks who are so afraid of germs are the reason superbugs are a real thing. I hardly ever wash my hands and I only shower like twice a week. I never get sick. I don?t even wash my hands or use alcohol swabs when I iv drugs. In 15 years IVing, I?ve never had an infection, abcess, dvt, that one where your heart gets an infection. Never had any problem. If everyone stopped obsessing about not getting sick, people would stop getting sick. Maybe.

9. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    I agree. It's like when your a baby you eat things off the floor and you become immune to the germs. Someone not washing their hands is unlikely to spread disease because once your an adult growing up over the years you have become immune to bacteria.

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Suboxombie View Post
    You guys are babies lol. People wouldn?t get sick from some rando not washing his hands if it wasn?t for every year people being more and more and more obsessed with constantly washing their hands,using sanitizer, taking antibiotics several times a year and then stronger ones when they don?t work any more. All the clean freaks who are so afraid of germs are the reason superbugs are a real thing. I hardly ever wash my hands and I only shower like twice a week. I never get sick. I don?t even wash my hands or use alcohol swabs when I iv drugs. In 15 years IVing, I?ve never had an infection, abcess, dvt, that one where your heart gets an infection. Never had any problem. If everyone stopped obsessing about not getting sick, people would stop getting sick. Maybe.
    Dude, that's disgusting, and people who wash their hands aren't obsessing, they're NORMAL LOL.

If taking 2 mins to wash your hands is obsessing, but not taking 2 mins to wash your hands when they are covered in shit is normal, then call me fucking crazy lol.

Everyone knows it's unhealthy, and even if somehow it wasn't, it's fucking digusting.

You want someone wiping their ass and not washing their hands and then shaking your hand you be my guest.

Yes, we need SOME exposure to bacteria, especially good kinds like probiotics, and SOME exposure to germs, and it's not good to take lots of anti biotics, but there's also dangerous shit out there like MRSA staph infections that can be fatal, E Coli, Hepatitis, etc, and those things need watching out for.

Look what the CDC says about how washing your hands actually PREVENTS the need to take antibiotics and become resistant to them:

"Preventing sickness reduces the amount of antibiotics people use and the likelihood that antibiotic resistance will develop. Handwashing can prevent about 30% of diarrhea-related sicknesses and about 20% of respiratory infections (e.g., colds) 1,2. Antibiotics often are prescribed unnecessarily for these health issues 3. Reducing the number of these infections by washing hands frequently helps prevent the overuse of antibiotics—the single most important factor leading to antibiotic resistance around the world. Handwashing can also prevent people from getting sick with germs that are already resistant to antibiotics and that can be difficult to treat."

Let me ask you guys who don't wash your hands something: why is it so important for you to NOT wash your hands after taking a shit??

What else do you have to do in those 2 minutes that's so important??
    Last edited by Mycophile; Today at 06:40.

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Specified View Post
    I agree. It's like when your a baby you eat things off the floor and you become immune to the germs. Someone not washing their hands is unlikely to spread disease because once your an adult growing up over the years you have become immune to bacteria.
    No, it doesn't work that way.

No one becomes immune to e coli by eating shit.

Sure, it's true we need to be exposed to germs to build immunity but thinking that eating your own shit is going to make you immune to bacteria is taking it too far.

If you get enough of the wrong kind of bacteria in you it's going to make you sick, and it's disgusting.

Wash your hands.

I mean if for no other reason for all the other people who have to touch the shit you touch.

It's fucking selfish as hell to subject people to that.
    Last edited by Mycophile; Today at 06:34.

12. Collapse Details

Here guys, it's the fucking Center for Disease Control.

Take their word for it:

https://www.cdc.gov/handwashing/why-handwashing.html

"Feces (poop) from people or animals is an important source of germs like Salmonella,E. coli O157, and norovirus that cause diarrhea, and it can spread some respiratory infections like adenovirus and hand-foot-mouth disease. These kinds of germs can get onto hands after people use the toilet or change a diaper, but also in less obvious ways, like after handling raw meats that have invisible amounts of animal poop on them. A single gram of human feces—which is about the weight of a paper clip—can contain one trillion germs 1. Germs can also get onto hands if people touch any object that has germs on it because someone coughed or sneezed on it or was touched by some other contaminated object. When these germs get onto hands and are not washed off, they can be passed from person to person and make people sick.

Handwashing with soap removes germs from hands. This helps prevent infections because:

• People frequently touch their eyes, nose, and mouth without even realizing it. Germs can get into the body through the eyes, nose and mouth and make us sick.
    • Germs from unwashed hands can get into foods and drinks while people prepare or consume them. Germs can multiply in some types of foods or drinks, under certain conditions, and make people sick.
    • Germs from unwashed hands can be transferred to other objects, like handrails, table tops, or toys, and then transferred to another person’s hands.
    • Removing germs through handwashing therefore helps prevent diarrhea and respiratory infections and may even help prevent skin and eye infections.

Teaching people about handwashing helps them and their communities stay healthy. Handwashing education in the community:

• Reduces the number of people who get sick with diarrhea by 31% 1, 2
    • Reduces diarrheal illness in people with weakened immune systems by 58% 3
    • Reduces respiratory illnesses, like colds, in the general population by 16-21% 2, 4"
    Last edited by Mycophile; Today at 06:47.

13. Collapse Details

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123