Is Washing Your Hands Really Necessary After Taking A Dump?

LandsUnknown

Bluelighter
Serious question. I will admit that I do not always wash. I just never really made it a habit. I do when people will notice that I haven't washed as many people find the thought of someone not washing their hands after doing their business disgusting, and thus if I'm in a public restroom I'll wash if someone else is in there. Otherwise, I won't. On occasion, I've seen people leave and not wash, in which case I was not self-conscious about not washing so I wouldn't wash. However, if I am at home, I rarely wash. But is there really anything inherently wrong with this? I rarely get sick.

Well I don't see why you have to wash your hands seeing as your only touching toilet paper and there's nothing wrong with that because it's fresh and clean. If your male and your passing urine maybe you should wash your hands because you've touched your penis and it gets all sweaty. I'm not sure. Maybe someone else can answer your question?

Personally, I think if you take a shit, you should definitely wash your hands with soap afterwards. I mean, why not? I generally wash after urination too but not always :\

YES you should wash your hands ESPECIALLY after taking a shit.

CDC said:
Feces (poop) from people or animals is an important source of germs like Salmonella, E. coli O157, and norovirus that cause diarrhea, and it can spread some respiratory infections like adenovirus and hand-foot-mouth disease.

Plus Hepatitis A, Shigellosis and Giardiasis.

It isn't about you. You already have what you have, it's just like vaccinations. You wash your hands after shitting because you choose to live in a society and it protects others that live in said society from the bullshit diseases you MAY ALREADY BE CARRYING.

This is why I never shake hands with people. Dap only.

Merry Christmas Wash your hands, ya filthy animal.

Ugh are you serious?
You should definitely wash your hands, this is why I have a phobia of shaking peoples hands.
Would you like to shake someones hand that has just held his junk and not washed? Its like you are holding a strangers junk in your hands.....
WASH YOUR HANDS PLEASE!!!!!!

I don't always wash my hands after jerking off. But I simply don't see cum as dirty so doesn't bother me. A dick is sweaty yeah but I don't get too concerned if I touch my sweaty feet for eg. Society just sees genitals as unclean and dirty shameful mistakes of god.

I'm obsessive about hand washing especially after using a public toilet. I get anxious that a strangers poo-fragments might enter my body and I'm just not cool with that. :D

^lol :D Don't worry, you can't get pregnant shaking hands. ;)

Is Hand Washing Really Necessary After Taking A Dump?

Not unless you got fecal matter on them.

And how would someone get fecal matter on them?
Also, girls don't touch their vaginas when they pass urine so why should they wash there hands?

The fecal-oral route carries so many diseases. This thread is why I am meticulous about keeping my hands clean in public. People can be so ignorant.

Toilet paper is not sanitary. It's a translucent material with thinly woven fibers. Traces of shit and bowel mucous easily move through it onto your hands. And then you're touching the toilet and other objects in the bathroom which are proven to be loaded with bacteria.

Even for yourself, if you don't wash your hands, then you go touching your face or eating food, you're ingesting your own shit.

I don't get why handwashing is even a question in this day and age.

^lol :D Don't worry, you can't get pregnant shaking hands. ;)

When you're eventually ousted as the notorious "semen shaker" after getting all those women pregnant, this is definitely the comment they'll plaster on the front page of all the newspapers. :D

Is washing hands actually beneficial given that the majority of taps you touch are going to be infected with the bacteria of hundreds+ people? Surely taps in toilets are a major conduit for bacteria and may leave you carrying more varieties than you went in with?

I mean you can always try doing that ninja thing where you quickly touch the tap and then rub your fingers on your t-shirt but surely that's not a reliable method.

It doesnt really matter if you dont wash your hands and you get sick but there are things like lawsuits and oc health safety so yeah if your faeces ends up giving someone else hepA or the trots then it costs money.

No other animal really cares, shits everywhere and licks their own and others arseholes post defecation. But their saliva etc is potent and their immune system resilient.

Thats why you gotta drop and roll newborns in mud and filth. Makes them strong.

Poo travels far and wide, you would be suprised at the velocity of the droplets and yeah toilet paper does nothing so for God sake wash your hands what else would you use that 3 min for anyway.

Hepatitis A is becoming a major health crisis here in the city. And the main way it is contracted is through poo particles.

Those that are infected with Hep-A may not even know they have it, and those people may not wash their hands after taking a poo.

That being said, I strongly advise you to wash your hands or use hand sanatizer after using a public restroom.

Is washing hands actually beneficial given that the majority of taps you touch are going to be infected with the bacteria of hundreds+ people? Surely taps in toilets are a major conduit for bacteria and may leave you carrying more varieties than you went in with?

I mean you can always try doing that ninja thing where you quickly touch the tap and then rub your fingers on your t-shirt but surely that's not a reliable method.

The sanitary method that they teach medical staff is that you turn on the tap, wash your hands with soap and water, grab a paper towel to dry your hands while the water is still running, then use the paper towel to turn off the tap once hands are dried with it, and use the same paper towel to open the door to the washroom to exit. The garbage bin should be beside the door and you toss the paper towel as you walk out. This is how you clean your hands without re-touching bathroom surfaces.

I wash my hands this way in all public spaces. If the paper towel dispenser is not hands free, then you need to dispense the paper towel before you begin the hand washing, otherwise you have to touch the dispenser with wet hands. If the garbage bin is not by the door then you have to get creative about opening the door without using your clean hands, or just take the hit. The door handle is still going to be relatively cleaner than the toilets.

The blow dryers for wet hands are not sanitary. Not only do you have to touch them, their insides are filled with mold and dust that gets deposited on the hands when you dry them. Paper towel is wasteful but it's really the best method. Most modern medical buildings only use paper towel. Just look at their setup and you'll understand how it's supposed to be done.