Bluelight

Thread: Is Washing Your Hands Really Necessary After Taking A Dump?

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Specified View Post
    Well I thought to get help because everyone was telling me it was a part of my mental illness.
    Actually I DO think you should tell your therapist, psychologist or psychiatrist that you don't wash your hands after taking a dump just to see his/her reaction because when you see how they react, which is that they will kind of be disgusted and tell you that you should wash your hands, then maybe you'll realize it's unsanitary and societally abhorrent behavior and start washing your goddamn hands!!

I actually do dare you to tell your counselor or therapist about it.

Seriously, there are taboos in our society that are fine to break in my opinion, like I don't believe in our drug laws for example, but you need to learn to live in a world where cleanliness is the norm.

Where do you work?

Cause if you have a job they won't be happy you don't wash your hands.

You are getting shit on your hands when you wipe your ass at least a large percentage of the time whether you see it or not.

It has become my personal mission through this thread to get you to wash your hands after shitting haahahah.

Please, tell your therapist about it, and when you see their response, maybe you will change your ways.

2. Collapse Details

Wtf! I'm not smelling my hands the next time I take a shit that's just filthy.
    What's filthy is that you don't know there's shit on them and so you aren't washing them.

You can't see the shit, so you assume it isn't there, but if you DID smell your hands I bet you most of the time they'd smell like shit, cause there is shit on them.

Whether you will smell them or not, I'm asking you to GUESS: Do you think they've EVER even once smelled bad after you took a dump??

You know they have, so they were dirty.

Tell your therapist you don't wash your hands when you take a dump and see his/her reaction.

I dare you.

3. Collapse Details

Senior Moderator
    Current Events and Politics
    Music Discussion
    Shielding off the weakening beams of salvation shining upon the mournful gloom of Earth
    Quote Originally Posted by Mycophile View Post
    Actually I DO think you should tell your therapist, psychologist or psychiatrist that you don't wash your hands after taking a dump just to see his/her reaction because when you see how they react, which is that they will kind of be disgusted and tell you that you should wash your hands, then maybe you'll realize it's unsanitary and societally abhorrent behavior and start washing your goddamn hands!!.
    If this therapist is worth anything, they will simply not react. Most therapists are going to hear much more potentially disturbing things from their clients than what specified is saying. Sure, its pretty disgusting but not really something that needs talking out, face-up on the casting couch.

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by swilow View Post
    If this therapist is worth anything, they will simply not react. Most therapists are going to hear much more potentially disturbing things from their clients than what specified is saying. Sure, its pretty disgusting but not really something that needs talking out, face-up on the casting couch.
    I had a great therapist I saw for over 10 years, and while I don't think my issues are the same as Specified's, this therapist would tell me things like he saw them, and I could guarantee if I told him I didn't wipe my hands after taking a shit and asked his opinion he would tell me that that is unsanitary and that his recommendation is I start washing my hands after going to the bathroom and that if other people knew that they'd also consider it unsanitary.

From the way you describe therapy as "face up on the casting couch" it sounds like you haven't been in therapy yourself if that is how you always imagine it.

Tons of people who you'd never imagine as having therapists and who don't have issues that seem so "serious" get weekly therapy, and nothing is off limits for discussion. I've seen multiple therapists and never once did I lie on a couch, I sat in a chair. It sounds like what you are describing is typical Freudian therapy out of the movies, which exists, but it's not all like that.

So no offense, but I very much disagree that a therapist worth their salt would "not react".

It's a good therapists' job, if asked, to respond to just about anything from the most benign to the most serious and tell you their honest professional opinion and give you advice.

I've certainly asked therapists FAR more inconsequential questions than this one and gotten their opinion on it.

Therapy is not only for serious issues.

5. Collapse Details

Wtf! I'm not smelling my hands the next time I take a shit that's just filthy.
    I know I shouldn't be giving you any more "shit" (pun intended), but I do believe I have you in check mate here my friend.

Let me ask you: why is smelling your hands after taking a shit "filthy" if they aren't dirty?

Would it be filthy to smell your hands after eating a piece of pizza?

I mean, there's no bacteria on your hands after taking a shit so it's the same thing right?

6. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    Well all you people tell me smelling my hands after taking a shit is disgusting and like I said before I've taken on board what you people have said and I've had a long hard think about it.

It wouldn't be filthy to smell my hands after eating a Pizza but some people think it is like that person who said they wash their hands after eating.

7. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    What's filthy is that you don't know there's shit on them and so you aren't washing them.

You can't see the shit, so you assume it isn't there, but if you DID smell your hands I bet you most of the time they'd smell like shit, cause there is shit on them.

Whether you will smell them or not, I'm asking you to GUESS: Do you think they've EVER even once smelled bad after you took a dump??

You know they have, so they were dirty.

Tell your therapist you don't wash your hands when you take a dump and see his/her reaction.

I dare you.
    I will tell my psychiatrist when I'm xanaxed the fuck out cos on xanax I don't care. Sober I couldn't I admit cos it's a touchy subject. My psychiatrists pretty old school so I'm guessing he doesn't wash either and back in the old days. My next appointment is on the 20th of September.

8. Collapse Details

I will tell my psychiatrist when I'm xanaxed the fuck out cos on xanax I don't care. Sober I couldn't I admit cos it's a touchy subject. My psychiatrists pretty old school so I'm guessing he doesn't wash either and back in the old days. My next appointment is on the 20th of September.
    Just cause he's "old school" doesn't mean he doesn't wash his hands lol. Most people do.

But hey, you know what? Congrats on at least listening to what I'm saying, cause I thought you just weren't and didn't care.

It's nice to know you are listening.

I mean listen, most likely you will not ever get sick from it or end up getting anyone else sick, but it's just really disgusting and unsanitary.

The thing that would be even more likely to get you sick would be to touch raw meat or egg and then like pick up a sandwich and eat with your hands dirty like that.

That is how people get salmonella and really bad food poisoning and that can even kill you.

And see man, the thing is that since you admitted it's a "touchy subject" it means you kind of realize on some level it might not be the best thing to do so that's good.

I have some mental health problems and take medications too man so I'm not perfect, and I actually have a couple gross habits but nothing like not washing my hands.

It's just one of those things that people should do, like brushing your teeth or whatever.

In fact, it's almost less just that one thing than being aware if people tell you certain things are unusual in a bad way (not just like weird in a cool way) and considering them cause who knows how many other things you might do that you might not realize it might be better to do you know?

You'd only know if you listened to anyone.

I can't think of anything right now, but there's lots of things I did wrong till people told me and I listened to them and it helped me otherwise I'd have never known.

So yeah...it's just a healthier thing to wash your hands after taking a dump, and it only takes like 2 minutes or less.

Good for you for actually at least saying you might think about it.

9. Collapse Details

There's no need to wash, just lick them clean...

10. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    Just cause he's "old school" doesn't mean he doesn't wash his hands lol. Most people do.

But hey, you know what? Congrats on at least listening to what I'm saying, cause I thought you just weren't and didn't care.

It's nice to know you are listening.

I mean listen, most likely you will not ever get sick from it or end up getting anyone else sick, but it's just really disgusting and unsanitary.

The thing that would be even more likely to get you sick would be to touch raw meat or egg and then like pick up a sandwich and eat with your hands dirty like that.

That is how people get salmonella and really bad food poisoning and that can even kill you.

And see man, the thing is that since you admitted it's a "touchy subject" it means you kind of realize on some level it might not be the best thing to do so that's good.

I have some mental health problems and take medications too man so I'm not perfect, and I actually have a couple gross habits but nothing like not washing my hands.

It's just one of those things that people should do, like brushing your teeth or whatever.

In fact, it's almost less just that one thing than being aware if people tell you certain things are unusual in a bad way (not just like weird in a cool way) and considering them cause who knows how many other things you might do that you might not realize it might be better to do you know?

You'd only know if you listened to anyone.

I can't think of anything right now, but there's lots of things I did wrong till people told me and I listened to them and it helped me otherwise I'd have never known.

So yeah...it's just a healthier thing to wash your hands after taking a dump, and it only takes like 2 minutes or less.

Good for you for actually at least saying you might think about it.
    Thanks man, give me a couple of days and I will think long and hard about it. I mean, really long and hard about it.

11. Collapse Details

Senior Moderator
    Music Discussion
    Shielding off the weakening beams of salvation shining upon the mournful gloom of Earth
    I had a great therapist I saw for over 10 years, and while I don't think my issues are the same as Specified's, this therapist would tell me things like he saw them, and I could guarantee if I told him I didn't wipe my hands after taking a shit and asked his opinion he would tell me that that is unsanitary and that his recommendation is I start washing my hands after going to the bathroom and that if other people knew that they'd also consider it unsanitary.

From the way you describe therapy as "face up on the casting couch" it sounds like you haven't been in therapy yourself if that is how you always imagine it.

Tons of people who you'd never imagine as having therapists and who don't have issues that seem so "serious" get weekly therapy, and nothing is off limits for discussion. I've seen multiple therapists and never once did I lie on a couch, I sat in a chair. It sounds like what you are describing is typical Freudian therapy out of the movies, which exists, but it's not all like that.

So no offense, but I very much disagree that a therapist worth their salt would "not react".

It's a good therapists' job, if asked, to respond to just about anything from the most benign to the most serious and tell you their honest professional opinion and give you advice.

I've certainly asked therapists FAR more inconsequential questions than this one and gotten their opinion on it.

Therapy is not only for serious issues.
    It was a joke about the casting couch if anything to which you repond with a totally humourless overreaction and bunch of assumptions. Thanks for explaining why opinions I don't even have are wrong though.

I'm not going to dicksize with a stranger about having been to therapy, but I simply suggest you discuss why you've needed to argue about this particular issue for the last few months the next time you go.

12. Collapse Details

the second rule of fight club is we do not talk about fight club.

this is the second time it's happened today "Which means a lot of you have been breaking the first two rules of Fight Club."

13. Collapse Details

Just speaking of myself but i literally have OCD relating to washing my hands after going to the bathroom. Or touching anything dirty for that matter, i couldn't imagine a world without soap. The level of thought i put into this probably isn't entirely healthy.

My hands get really dried out and i have to use pretty strong lotion. One of my friends laughed at me and said what do you think your a doctor going in for surgery

14. Collapse Details

It's my philosophy that the filthier you are, the better immune system you develop.

I haven't been sick for years, and i have what some would consider "unhealthy" routines, which include not washing my hands unless it's dripping, wet diarrhea.

15. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by madness00 View Post
    It's my philosophy that the filthier you are, the better immune system you develop.

I haven't been sick for years, and i have what some would consider "unhealthy" routines, which include not washing my hands unless it's dripping, wet diarrhea.
    I don't think your logic is totally correct.

Sure, a healthy immune system needs to be challenged to an extent and that's why we are finding that anti-bacterial soap isn't so good for your immune system, but using regular soap and warm water when you take a shit is totally the best thing to do.

Plus, it's not just about you but everyone else you touch.

Anyone who doesn't wash their hands after shitting and ends up shaking hands with others or touching things they touch is being selfish.

16. Collapse Details

It was a joke about the casting couch if anything to which you repond with a totally humourless overreaction and bunch of assumptions. Thanks for explaining why opinions I don't even have are wrong though.

I'm not going to dicksize with a stranger about having been to therapy, but I simply suggest you discuss why you've needed to argue about this particular issue for the last few months the next time you go.
    Whoa, I'm not trying to dicksize, so sorry if you thought I was being a dick.

I didn't realize you were being sarcastic.

My friends joke with me all the time about not reading sarcasm even in person and online I suck at it ten times worse.

I couldn't know you didn't mean that.

I mean there could be lots of people who think you shouldn't bring up such an issue with a therapist and I was just saying why I disagree.

I wasn't being a dick about it.

Actually, you are one of my favorite mods on this forum and I really like reading a lot of your posts and advice.

I don't have a therapist at the moment, but I don't know, the idea that people think it's cool not to wash their hands after shitting kind of annoys me.

I guess I just am surprised that people would think it's ok to walk around touching things other people touch after not washing.

No need to get so pissed about it.

I thought we had a difference of opinion which we didn't have.

No biggie.
    Last edited by Mycophile; 04-09-2018 at 05:44.

17. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy Glow View Post
    Just speaking of myself but i literally have OCD relating to washing my hands after going to the bathroom. Or touching anything dirty for that matter, i couldn't imagine a world without soap. The level of thought i put into this probably isn't entirely healthy.

My hands get really dried out and i have to use pretty strong lotion. One of my friends laughed at me and said what do you think your a doctor going in for surgery
    Yeah, I have a cousin who does that and that's the other side of it and that's not great either.

I mean if we washed our hands every time we touched anything dirty we'd spend our whole lives standing over a sink.

Everything in moderation, even though I don't really live by that rule as much as I should lol.

18. Collapse Details

Senior Moderator
    Music Discussion
    Whoa, I'm not trying to dicksize, so sorry if you thought I was being a dick.

I didn't realize you were being sarcastic.

My friends joke with me all the time about not reading sarcasm even in person and online I suck at it ten times worse.

I couldn't know you didn't mean that.

I mean there could be lots of people who think you shouldn't bring up such an issue with a therapist and I was just saying why I disagree.

I wasn't being a dick about it.

Actually, you are one of my favorite mods on this forum and I really like reading a lot of your posts and advice.

I don't have a therapist at the moment, but I don't know, the idea that people think it's cool not to wash their hands after shitting kind of annoys me.

I guess I just am surprised that people would think it's ok to walk around touching things other people touch after not washing.

No need to get so pissed about it.

I thought we had a difference of opinion which we didn't have.

No biggie.
    We shall call it a misunderstanding, I certainly don't want to further interrupt this goddamn bizarre thread

19. Collapse Details

We shall call it a misunderstanding, I certainly don't want to further interrupt this goddamn bizarre thread
    LOL.

Hey, the guy is actually thinking about washing his hands now so I may have converted him.

Yeah, this thread is pretty great haha.

20. Collapse Details

Plus, it's not just about you but everyone else you touch.

Anyone who doesn't wash their hands after shitting and ends up shaking hands with others or touching things they touch is being selfish.
    It would help challenge their immune system as well.

I agree in that warm water would be the best solution. Something that doesn't leave you disgusting but also has the potential to upgrade your immune system and keep your friends and family shit free.

21. Collapse Details

Not when you to shake the boss's hands and say "Thanks very much for everything. You are a sound bloke."

22. Collapse Details

I actually finger my asshole that's how deep I go. OCD

23. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    I said I would think about it, not actually do it, so don't get your hopes up if that's what you were trying to do, that is get your hopes up, or were you trying to somehow (I don't know how) convert me to wash my hands?
    LOL.

Hey, the guy is actually thinking about washing his hands now so I may have converted him.

Yeah, this thread is pretty great haha.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011