Is Washing Your Hands Really Necessary After Taking A Dump?

A bar of soap, yes. Liquid soap, no.

But with a bar of soap, you typically use it immediately prior to washing your hands. If there is shit on soap, you've just washed it off.

Why don't you just wash your damn hands??? :D

With liquid soap you would get traces of shit on it too when you press the button.

@Runningfox I was taught as a child to put the lid down when flushing the loo and I too can pull up my pants with my non wipe hand....
Me thinks its just a bunch of lazy buggers that dont wash their hands - ugh disgusting

Why were you taught to close the lid when flushing the toilet? As if you can pull up your pants with your non wipe hand. Prove it. Post a video on youtube.

Why were you taught to close the lid when flushing the toilet? As if you can pull up your pants with your non wipe hand. Prove it. Post a video on youtube.

Are you out of your mind? Do you really think Id post a video of me pulling up my pants on a public forum?
You close the lid before you flush to stop that microscopic shit particles from flying around the bathroom when you flush.

If you dont get this then I am really very sorry for you and you can continue to live like a filthy animal.
I am glad I dont know you in real life because I wouldnt come near you knowing how filthy you are.

He's a FUCKING TROLL just trying to gross everyone out. And acting ignorant and asking a thousand questions we have already answered. Hence the definition of a Troll.

Anyway. Bathroom hygeine.
The Teacher in me IS simply never satisfied : my 3 year old niece only asks for help in the bathroom now if she's unable to reach the faucets (*some ppl don't have a step stool for little kids In their John )... orrrrrr if she poops.
She will let us know she intends to poop on the way towards the bathroom thus enlisting whichever Big Person is available.
So we help with the wiping. Now....here's the Lesson part of my post: EVEN THO THE LITTLE GIRL DIDN'T WIPE HER OWN BOTTOM I STILL HAVE HER WASH HER HANDS AT THE END OF THE BATHROOM VISIT.

now Mr troll you ask why

Ok I do so because she has touched: the door knob, her pants n panties , the toilet itself...whatever she grabbed n figited with while pooping such as a nearby bath toy or a dirty wash cloth from the hamper etc etc....AND BECAUSE she IS 3 years old and she needs toFORM these habits of one ALWAYS washing her hands after any and all visits to a FUCKING bathroom.

Good night TROLL. Happy pooping (*I know you WASH. )

Wash your ass and hands!

If OP has to ask this: There is reason to believe they know the answer.
Please wash your hands... hell I even feel like taking a shower when pee splashes out the toilet onto my shins at night. I don't but I believe some serious health issues have happened because of just plain nastiness (Hepatitis A and E, Salmonella, E.coli, Cholera, Worms, E. hystolitica, Cryptospordium, Polio virus, Typhoid fever etc. etc.).
Probably not the most sanitary person on earth but I do try to minimize exposure to pathogens and whatnot not only for my sake but for those around me.

Please wash your hands... hell I even feel like taking a shower when pee splashes out the toilet onto my shins at night. I don't but I believe some serious health issues have happened because of just plain nastiness (Hepatitis A and E, Salmonella, E.coli, Cholera, Worms, E. hystolitica, Cryptospordium, Polio virus, Typhoid fever etc. etc.).
Probably not the most sanitary person on earth but I do try to minimize exposure to pathogens and whatnot not only for my sake but for those around me.

How the hell does pee splash out the toilet onto your shins at night?

How the hell does pee splash out the toilet onto your shins at night?
What? Does this only happen to me? It's not like a spout gushing from the toilet, but surely someone must have felt something occasionally if they are bare legged.
Ever pour something into a bowl of water and notice some "splash" out onto the counter?
Hell... maybe I pee too hard or something: Think I should get checked out?
Better yet; any recommendations on super good drugs that can help me with this abomination? Maybe just stay in bed and pee and don't have to worry about getting up at all? <--- Just fuc*** around... tealeaf.
Most love and respect, fellow earthlings

Urine in healthy people is close to sterile. Worms from urine..?

I never wash my hands after using the bathroom. Never in my whole life, and I've never become ill with anything directly attributable to this habit. I hold the view that unnecessary cleanliness leads to a weaker immune system, making one more susceptible to pathogens of all kinds. Me, my wife, and our child all follow this lifestyle and our health is superb. But yeah, anecdote and all that...

... Worms from urine..?
Sorry: Thought we were dealing with fecal matter and urine is not sterile, AFAIK. One would be hard-pressed to convince me that anything excreted from our bodies is sterile.

I never wash my hands after using the bathroom. Never in my whole life, and I've never become ill with anything directly attributable to this habit. I hold the view that unnecessary cleanliness leads to a weaker immune system, making one more susceptible to pathogens of all kinds. Me, my wife, and our child all follow this lifestyle and our health is superb. But yeah, anecdote and all that...
I follow....
I am of the cult of balance, myself. One can take all things to extremes.
Why is this still a thread?

Common sense, people.
LOL
WTH is common sense these days? (ptah secretly opens his "smart"-phone and googles the word while absentmindedly walking off the edge of an abyss....)

Last edited:
Quite right. Seems this part was over-read: I will blame it on age this time, my bad. :)
Seems it breeds pathogens exponentially as time elapses but this is just from my experience. Cannot back it with science as do not have the tools or skills (which could be acquired if tools were available).

Urine (and faeces) are nutrient-rich environments, so it's only logical that they would be great breeding grounds for all kinds of organisms.

Urine in healthy people is close to sterile. Worms from urine..?

I find this kind of crazy coming from a mod...but just as a hypothetical, if you were a doctor, and you were told you WEREN'T allowed to wear rubber gloves while doing surgery, would you do surgery on someone with your bare hands after not washing them after taking a shit?