Is Washing Your Hands Really Necessary After Taking A Dump?

My dad's really bad about being sanitary in general. He'll use the bathroom (both ways) and come out and not wash his hands. He'll also handle meat and just rinse his hands off without soap, or cut up meat and use a paper towel to wipe the knife off. I don't understand how some people don't have basic knowledge on how germs spread. I guess maybe if you're old you just don't care anymore. Either way it's disgusting. :|

^^
I am going to have to stop reading this thread, I cannot believe how disgusting some people can be.
This is exactly why I dont like shaking hands with people.

Its sorta why I kinda don't like people. :\

One thing I liked about Thailand is that most toilets have a water nozzle next to them to spray your ass with. It washes everything off and then you use a piece of TP (that you have to bring yourself) to dry your bum. After visiting there I never felt as clean using just TP. India was gross... in a lot of places you had to use just your hand and water, customarily your left hand so that your right hand kept clean for all of life's other activities. The cities have TP now of course but a LOT of places don't. Some toilets have a wet brush you can use but it's been used by everyone before you.

In North America most public washrooms use the shittiest TP imaginable... it's single ply and everything goes through it. If your stool even has the slightest moisture content, you're going to get it on your hands no matter how much you try to double up with that garbage TP.

If you buy luxury TP at home that's double ply, then doubling it up might keep your hands clean...

But I just don't get why you'd not wash anyway. I mean, would you be OK touching a turd on the ground and not washing your hands after? It's really no different.

I've got a bidet in one of my bathrooms. I use it sometimes but generally tp is my preferred method of cleaning. That said, I use the bidet enough to make me feel slightly unclean without it. Yay.

I try to time my shits before I shower if I'm home, which I usually am. Sometimes if I take an extra messy shit I'll just jump in the shower and rinse off and wash my ass. :D

I try to time my shits before I shower if I'm home, which I usually am. Sometimes if I take an extra messy shit I'll just jump in the shower and rinse off and wash my ass. :D

Yeah, I've definitely discovered the benefits of that in the past couple years haha.

The pull down sprayer from my shower is definitely a go-to solution when I feel I just can't get clean.

Europe and Japan are way ahead of us with the bidets.

I want one.

I've got a bidet in one of my bathrooms. I use it sometimes but generally tp is my preferred method of cleaning. That said, I use the bidet enough to make me feel slightly unclean without it. Yay.

Do you have the luxury one that sprays warm water? :) I always wonder about getting one but the water is too cold, especially in the winter when the pipes are freezing.

^No bells and whistles, it's like a slightly different shapes toilet pan with a small mixer tap that sorta angles up :\ So warm water at least! Its next to the regular toilet.

Now squat toilets are something else entirely.

So guys, is it really necessary to wash my hands if I touch toxic waste but I have my hands wrapped in toilet paper?

No right?

And the other question I have, which is almost too silly to ask cause I KNOW it's totally safe but:

What if I have an open cut that's bleeding a lot and I'm touching live samples of the AIDS virus but I've got some toilet paper kind of loosely taped around the cut....that's cool right?

Cause toilet paper is super protective, so yeah...

What if you scrunch it up into little balls so there's a big, protective layer? Not folding because then it's thin.

So guys, is it really necessary to wash my hands if I touch toxic waste but I have my hands wrapped in toilet paper?

No right?

And the other question I have, which is almost too silly to ask cause I KNOW it's totally safe but:

What if I have an open cut that's bleeding a lot and I'm touching live samples of the AIDS virus but I've got some toilet paper kind of loosely taped around the cut....that's cool right?

Cause toilet paper is super protective, so yeah...

qft lmao

You guys are babies lol. People wouldn?t get sick from some rando not washing his hands if it wasn?t for every year people being more and more and more obsessed with constantly washing their hands,using sanitizer, taking antibiotics several times a year and then stronger ones when they don?t work any more. All the clean freaks who are so afraid of germs are the reason superbugs are a real thing. I hardly ever wash my hands and I only shower like twice a week. I never get sick. I don?t even wash my hands or use alcohol swabs when I iv drugs. In 15 years IVing, I?ve never had an infection, abcess, dvt, that one where your heart gets an infection. Never had any problem. If everyone stopped obsessing about not getting sick, people would stop getting sick. Maybe.

I agree. It's like when your a baby you eat things off the floor and you become immune to the germs. Someone not washing their hands is unlikely to spread disease because once your an adult growing up over the years you have become immune to bacteria.

You guys are babies lol. People wouldn?t get sick from some rando not washing his hands if it wasn?t for every year people being more and more and more obsessed with constantly washing their hands,using sanitizer, taking antibiotics several times a year and then stronger ones when they don?t work any more. All the clean freaks who are so afraid of germs are the reason superbugs are a real thing. I hardly ever wash my hands and I only shower like twice a week. I never get sick. I don?t even wash my hands or use alcohol swabs when I iv drugs. In 15 years IVing, I?ve never had an infection, abcess, dvt, that one where your heart gets an infection. Never had any problem. If everyone stopped obsessing about not getting sick, people would stop getting sick. Maybe.

Dude, that's disgusting, and people who wash their hands aren't obsessing, they're NORMAL LOL.

If taking 2 mins to wash your hands is obsessing, but not taking 2 mins to wash your hands when they are covered in shit is normal, then call me fucking crazy lol.

Everyone knows it's unhealthy, and even if somehow it wasn't, it's fucking digusting.

You want someone wiping their ass and not washing their hands and then shaking your hand you be my guest.

Yes, we need SOME exposure to bacteria, especially good kinds like probiotics, and SOME exposure to germs, and it's not good to take lots of anti biotics, but there's also dangerous shit out there like MRSA staph infections that can be fatal, E Coli, Hepatitis, etc, and those things need watching out for.

Look what the CDC says about how washing your hands actually PREVENTS the need to take antibiotics and become resistant to them:

"Preventing sickness reduces the amount of antibiotics people use and the likelihood that antibiotic resistance will develop. Handwashing can prevent about 30% of diarrhea-related sicknesses and about 20% of respiratory infections (e.g., colds) 1,2. Antibiotics often are prescribed unnecessarily for these health issues 3. Reducing the number of these infections by washing hands frequently helps prevent the overuse of antibiotics—the single most important factor leading to antibiotic resistance around the world. Handwashing can also prevent people from getting sick with germs that are already resistant to antibiotics and that can be difficult to treat."

Let me ask you guys who don't wash your hands something: why is it so important for you to NOT wash your hands after taking a shit??

What else do you have to do in those 2 minutes that's so important??

Last edited: