Is Washing Your Hands Really Necessary After Taking A Dump?

You need to be free of all flora thats not found normally on skin generally just in case you scratch yoursrlf, pick your nose or rub your eye.

Any bacteria found on top of the skin shouldnt get under it as its just like a piece of fruit, one hole and your insidez go disgusting.

A lot of the population dont have good access to fresh water and soap and the sickness rate is telling.

Most vulnerable are old folk and under 2 so if youre gealthy and just be clean you shouls be ok.

Id like to know how other species just dont really think of taking a dump and eating at the same time an issue but who are the idiots that invented toilets.

And how would someone get fecal matter on them?
Also, girls don't touch their vaginas when they pass urine so why should they wash there hands?

What do you even mean "how would you get fecal matter on them"?!

Do you really think toilet paper is impenetrable?

Try this experiment:

1) take out a piece of toilet paper and put it on a napkin and put of oil pizza on it

2) leave it there about 20 seconds

3) lift up the paper and see if it's wet on both sides of the toilet paper

And what you'll see is that the pizza, much like shit, left a wet mark through the other side.

Toilet paper is very thin and the fibers don't stop moisture and bacteria from getting through.

I mean I know it's gross, but I'll admit, I've scratched my ass and then smelled my fingers, and let me tell you a secret: it smell like shit hahaha.

So EVERY SINGLE TIME you wipe your ass you are getting shit on your hands whether or not you feel it on there, and if you were gross enough to smell them it would verify it for you.

Seriously, I can't believe this is even a question: YES washing your fucking hands EVERY SINGLE TIME you take a shit.

As far as taking a piss is concerned (if you are man that is...women more likely get piss on their hands IMO because they actually have to wipe the piss away) I am not sure it's as necessary, but you still do, and whenever I'm at work I wash my hands after pissing.

At home I usually don't after pissing cause I don't piss on my hands, but taking a dump, every time.

It's actually really funny cause for the people who think they shouldn't wash their hands after taking a dump I now wonder under what circumstances they WOULD wash their hands if not after shitting? LOL

Like if they touch garbage would they?

I mean almost my entire reference point for washing hands is after shitting, like on an average day there's rarely any other time I DO wash my hands cause it's not like I'm a garbage man or constantly touch nasty shit.

Sometimes I purell them after I touch a gas pump or if I took out the garbage and after I do martial arts and I've touched the mat, but about 8 times out of 10 in life that I wash my hands it was cause I took a shit.

Seriously, these people who don't understand why you should wash your hands after shitting or somehow think you are safe from germs cause "toliiet paper is clean" are fucking bizarre...

Well I don't see why you have to wash your hands seeing as your only touching toilet paper and there's nothing wrong with that because it's fresh and clean. If your male and your passing urine maybe you should wash your hands because you've touched your penis and it gets all sweaty. I'm not sure. Maybe someone else can answer your question?

Seriously under what circumstances DO you wash your hands?

Like do you ever wash your hands?

What if you took out the garbage and your hands were in their for a second?

What if you wiped up cat vomit?

The bolded comment is one of the weirdest things I've heard anyone say in a long time......

you get shit on your hands when you wipe your ass. even if it?s not a visible amount. it?s rude to others to not wash your hands. yeah there are lots of gross microscopic things everywhere and there?s nothing we can do about that, but getting your feces all over elevator buttons and railings and whoever has to shake your hand is gross without regard to practicalities like if it spreads disease.

This totally depends on the persons. I don't do this if there is no valid reason.

What are you talking about?

How is it dependent on the person whether or not washing your hands after getting shit on them is a good idea and how is there not a valid reason?

When you wipe your ass you get bacteria on your hands and if you touch any of the food you eat then you will get some if it in your mouth and it could get you sick, not to mention that it's disgusting and spreading bacteria to anyone else you touch and that's not fair to them.

I really can't believe there are this many people on this site who think it's not necessary to wash their hands after shitting, it's downright bizarre.

I've never met anyone in person who told me they didn't think it was necessary.

Let me ask you:

1) why is it dependent on the person?

2) why is their no valid reason?

3) if you don't wash your hands after shitting, then when DO you wash your hands?

Do you ever?

Do you shower?

I'd say that if you ever touching anyone else EVER there is a "valid reason" and if anyone ever touches me or ANYTHING I touch and they didn't wash their hands I'd be PISSED.

For me, knowing I won't spread illness to others is enough reason to take 2 minutes to wash my hands after shitting.

Last edited:
Seriously under what circumstances DO you wash your hands?

Like do you ever wash your hands?

What if you took out the garbage and your hands were in their for a second?

What if you wiped up cat vomit?

The bolded comment is one of the weirdest things I've heard anyone say in a long time......

Well I am wierd so I guess that's the reason why I wrote it? If I wiped up cat vomit with toilet paper probably not cos I wouldn't wipe it up with my bare hands. If I'm cleaning I don't use my hands.

What are you talking about?

How is it dependent on the person whether or not washing your hands after getting shit on them is a good idea and how is there not a valid reason?

When you wipe your ass you get bacteria on your hands and if you touch any of the food you eat then you will get some if it in your mouth and it could get you sick, not to mention that it's disgusting and spreading bacteria to anyone else you touch and that's not fair to them.

I really can't believe there are this many people on this site who think it's not necessary to wash their hands after shitting, it's downright bizarre.

I've never met anyone in person who told me they didn't think it was necessary.

Let me ask you:

1) why is it dependent on the person?

2) why is their no valid reason?

3) if you don't wash your hands after shitting, then when DO you wash your hands?

Do you ever?

Do you shower?

I'd say that if you ever touching anyone else EVER there is a "valid reason" and if anyone ever touches me or ANYTHING I touch and they didn't wash their hands I'd be PISSED.

For me, knowing I won't spread illness to others is enough reason to take 2 minutes to wash my hands after shitting.

Come on, how many people who don't wash hands after shitting would spread an illness? None cos who wipes their ass with their bare hands? No one I wouldn't think. They wipe with toilet paper or if toilet paper is not available they use something else so they don't get shit on their hands.

Come on, how many people who don't wash hands after shitting would spread an illness? None cos who wipes their ass with their bare hands? No one I wouldn't think. They wipe with toilet paper or if toilet paper is not available they use something else so they don't get shit on their hands.

Dude, toilet paper is paper thin...cause it's paper.

EVERY TIME you wipe you have shit on your hands you just don't realize it.

Next time you finish wiping, smell you hand and tell me if it smell like shit LOL.

You'll find out that it does, and that means you have shit on your hands, and that can spread illness, and even if it doesn't end up spreading it, it's fucking disgusting.

Take the 2 minutes to wash your hands.

I actually can't believe how idiotic it is that you don't understand about washing your hands...
All I can say is gross

That's disgusting!) I think you should do it... There is alot bacteries on youre hands.

lmao I can't believe this is even being debated. OP is a troll and anyone saying that washing your hands is not necessary needs to stop.

WASH YOUR HANDS FFS

That's just nasty.

What about those KFC napkins? Would they be ok if your in a public toilet and there's no toilet paper?

No matter what you use to wipe yourself, wash your hands.

Why? Even if you wipe with the strongest paper?

The strongest paper won't stop shit from getting on your hands.

Paper is not impenetrable and there are lots of very small holes in the stitching you can't see that the shit is getting through.

Just trust us, take the 2 minutes to wash your hands lol.

Why? Even if you wipe with the strongest paper?

Yeah man. Paper is absorbent. You will still get shit fragments on your hands no matter how strong it is. I mean, you may not- but washing hands takes 10 seconds. There is literally no reason to not wash.