Is Washing Your Hands Really Necessary After Taking A Dump?

To all the washers: Under what circumstances do you not wash your hands?

Last edited:
To all the washers: Under what circumstances do you not wash your hands?

If I haven't touched anything disgusting, like shit, raw food or garbage, or after taking a shit.

Today I was constipated from Kratom so I sadly didn't get to take a dump, and I'm not touching raw food today as I've got some good frozen pizza, so I probably will not end up washing my hands today as it's not necessary, and unless at work I will admit I don't usually wash after taking a piss cause I don't piss on my hands, even though I know some people think you should always wash your hands after pissing, I don't think it's totally necessary all the time, but I generally keep quite sanitary and like to be hygenic.

Dude, no offense, but how are you with the ladies?

Do you have a girlfriend or get laid?

Next time you are with a girl, I dare you to tell her you didn't wash your hands the last time you took a shit, which will probably have been the same day you are with her.

When you see her reaction, and that she pretty much doesn't want to touch you, then MAYBE you will realize that your behavior is generally considered to be not only extremely anti-social, but just fucking disgusting.

If our telling you it's weird isn't enough, maybe a hot girl's not wanting to touch you will convince you.

Men are WAAYY more likely to do the shit you do because we are often less sophisticated and more disgusting than women LOL...but in general, I think it's mostly drug users and bums who don't wash...and even then, only a certain small odd segment of drug users, as it is certainly not typical of most of us...then again, I don't use HARD drugs really, no heroin or meth or anything like that...

To not wash your hands after shitting is basically just completely 3rd world country status.

I mean I almost correlate it with like walking around New York City streets barefoot and then not washing your feet, then getting into bed and pulling up the covers and getting all the grimy NYC crap on your bed sheets, from someone's gum they dropped, to dirt from 1,000 people's shoes, to bits of cigarette butts, and then maybe you accidentally turn the sheets around while sleeping so the part of the sheets that your feet wiped all over from the New York City streets is now brushing across your face as you are sleeping and you are getting bacteria from the New York City streets on your fucking face now....UGGGG!!!....

Interesting new question I've got for you now:

Would you walk around a New York City street barefoot, then not wash your feet, and get into bed with your feet covered in VISIBLE dirt, and muck, and cigarette butts??

Last edited:
I dont think its tooo big of a deal not washing your hands after a dump.

If I haven't touched anything disgusting, like shit, raw food or garbage, or after taking a shit.

Today I was constipated from Kratom so I sadly didn't get to take a dump, and I'm not touching raw food today as I've got some good frozen pizza, so I probably will not end up washing my hands today as it's not necessary, and unless at work I will admit I don't usually wash after taking a piss cause I don't piss on my hands, even though I know some people think you should always wash your hands after pissing, I don't think it's totally necessary all the time, but I generally keep quite sanitary and like to be hygenic.

Dude, no offense, but how are you with the ladies?

Do you have a girlfriend or get laid?

Next time you are with a girl, I dare you to tell her you didn't wash your hands the last time you took a shit, which will probably have been the same day you are with her.

When you see her reaction, and that she pretty much doesn't want to touch you, then MAYBE you will realize that your behavior is generally considered to be not only extremely anti-social, but just fucking disgusting.

If our telling you it's weird isn't enough, maybe a hot girl's not wanting to touch you will convince you.

Men are WAAYY more likely to do the shit you do because we are often less sophisticated and more disgusting than women LOL...but in general, I think it's mostly drug users and bums who don't wash...and even then, only a certain small odd segment of drug users, as it is certainly not typical of most of us...then again, I don't use HARD drugs really, no heroin or meth or anything like that...

To not wash your hands after shitting is basically just completely 3rd world country status.

I mean I almost correlate it with like walking around New York City streets barefoot and then not washing your feet, then getting into bed and pulling up the covers and getting all the grimy NYC crap on your bed sheets, from someone's gum they dropped, to dirt from 1,000 people's shoes, to bits of cigarette butts, and then maybe you accidentally turn the sheets around while sleeping so the part of the sheets that your feet wiped all over from the New York City streets is now brushing across your face as you are sleeping and you are getting bacteria from the New York City streets on your fucking face now....UGGGG!!!....

Interesting new question I've got for you now:

Would you walk around a New York City street barefoot, then not wash your feet, and get into bed with your feet covered in VISIBLE dirt, and muck, and cigarette butts??

If there was visible dirt I'd wash my feet but if it wasn't visible I wouldn't bother. That's what I'm trying to say with the shit, if it's not visible I'm not washing. There may be small traces but not big blobs. I have a Girlfriend and she doesn't wash either I don't think. I don't know, we don't go to the bathroom together.

Last edited:
If there was visible dirt I'd wash my feet but if it wasn't visible I wouldn't bother. That's what I'm trying to say with the shit, if it's not visible I'm not washing. There may be small traces but not big blobs. I have a Girlfriend and she doesn't wash either I don't think. I don't know, we don't go to the bathroom together.

Jesus man.

You are of another planet, and I guess your girl is too.

Really, I don't mean to be insulting, but I have never ever in my life spoken to people like this.

Nothing needs to be visible for it to be full of bacteria.

So you'd walk on a city street, and if somehow it wasn't visible you'd get in bed with the dirt?

What if it's not visible cause after stepping all over the dirt you accidentally stepped in a puddle on the sidewalk full of crap, and that dirty ass water sort of wiped the visible shit from your feet, but you don't know what was in the water?

I guess the dirty ass water getting on you would then count as "washing"?? LOL

The idea that something needs to be visible on your skin to be bacteria laden is just incorrect. Bacteria is microscopic.

No offense man, but your a really really really weird guy, and that's coming from someone who knows he's weird, but you and the other people who don't wash their hands after shitting, you are all very strange in comparison to most people, and very very unsanitary.

You can't be reasoned with.

I guess this is the section for mental illness, and I have generalized anxiety disorder, but I'm not really mentally ill, and I have heard that mentally ill people don't usually wash.

I guess that's what it is, though I don't mean to be insulting, as I too was told to go to a psych ward for a little while once in my life...

Last edited:
Jesus man.

You are of another planet, and I guess your girl is too.

Really, I don't mean to be insulting, but I have never ever in my life spoken to people like this.

Nothing needs to be visible for it to be full of bacteria.

So you'd walk on a city street, and if somehow it wasn't visible you'd get in bed with the dirt?

What if it's not visible cause after stepping all over the dirt you accidentally stepped in a puddle on the sidewalk full of crap, and that dirty ass water sort of wiped the visible shit from your feet, but you don't know what was in the water?

I guess the dirty ass water getting on you would then count as "washing"?? LOL

The idea that something needs to be visible on your skin to be bacteria laden is just incorrect. Bacteria is microscopic.

No offense man, but your a really really really weird guy, and that's coming from someone who knows he's weird, but you and the other people who don't wash their hands after shitting, you are all very strange in comparison to most people, and very very unsanitary.

You can't be reasoned with.

I guess this is the section for mental illness, and I have generalized anxiety disorder, but I'm not really mentally ill, and I have heard that mentally ill people don't usually wash.

I guess that's what it is, though I don't mean to be insulting, as I too was told to go to a psych ward for a little while once in my life...
Why are me and my girl from another planet?
Yes, I'd walk on a city street and if there wasn't visible dirt I'd get into bed with the dirt.

What about rain? Are you one of those people who thinks rain is dirty? Do you change your clothes and have a shower after being in the rain?
It sounds like you do because you go to the extremes of washing your hands after taking a dump or touching a napkin.

To all the washers: do you have a shower after being in the rain?

Once again, a napkin is clean like toilet paper I see no point in washing hands.

I have been in psych wards and been injected with Invega so I guess I'm mentally ill but wierd? I fail to see how I'm wierd for not washing my hands.

I think the people who think that rain is dirty and then have a shower after being in the rain are wierd.

Last edited:
swilow said:
nuttyskin said:
I'm never shaking anyone's hand again after this thread.
^lol :D Don't worry, you can't get pregnant shaking hands. ;)
OMFG! genius. HAHAHA!!

@LandsUknown: not inherently wrong. stink it has more to do with customs, how you were raised and general courtesy or respect to others. not getting sick is a bonus.

to those who participated in the first few pages: thank you. good read sitting on the porcelain throne.

to those carrying on these last few pages (Specified and Mycophile) :

this thread started off pretty good, kinda piddled out so here's what it's like reading for the last few pages. see how you like it. :p

rain is dirty. it comes off the earth, passes through things in the air going up and coming down. definitely not sterile but not muddy or green. i don't shower after the rain.

wash my hands with soap always and face sometimes after sex if not take a shower on occasion, sometimes i don't give a f**k. i do give and receive oral on occasion (no rimming). always after shaking the one eyed trouser snake. (i'm trying to spread the love. not create a new super virus or make a baby in petri dish)

i take a shower once a day for general cleanliness. i'm spoiled like that. i have water that goes into pipes in the ground that whisk it away to a magical place where sorcerers zap it to another dimension in trade for more clean water that come back through a different set of pipes to my place.

i wash my hands before and after i eat, face mostly rinse around the area involving my mouth and wash/rinse before i prepare food. (even if i use metal utensils per directions of use instead of trying use them to see what the inside of my leg looks like). it's food and my mouth i'm touching plus the germs in the air and on other things.

almost every time after going number 1 because i'm not perfect and can't wash them if there is no water to wash them with like peeing in the woods, being drunk at a bar with a long line for the bathroom doesn't help this either. always after #2, unless i'm in those woods and all the dwarfs stole the water from the lake again. i take a shower sometimes after #2 for convenience and freshness but that's like 5 times a year if that.

i've never used a bidet (toilet that sprays water on your bum and maybe some warm air) i'd be interested to once and i would wash my hands after using one.

i have wiped with TP then hit the baby butt wipes to see what it was like, very soothing. washed my hands after.

what do i do with the time after i don't wash my hands? idk, if i'm not washing my hands i seriously don't give a f**k at that point.

after i go #1 i close the lid (unless i'm at a dudes house that women are not going over there and he doesn't have a daughter) then wash my hands (unless i've peed all over myself and everything then i use 1 square of TP folded and close it, disposing of the TP in the garbage can or use the tip of my shoe to wedge the seat open and place inside ceramic bowl. i wipe the tip of my shoe on someones bed sheets). #2 i wait until after i've washed my hands and use a piece of fabric that is made from a non porous, blended polymer of steel, plastic and kevlar with an anti slip and anti bacterial coating on it. then i dispose of it by burning it in an incinerator.

the area around your crotch and bunghole get warm right? those areas you feel the heat are a good general guide as to where the more nasty germs live plus that heat bakes those germs left behind and make them more deadly (not to mention stinky).

your feet (your whole body) get dirty even if they never touch the floor. it use to be people didn't bathe more than once a week. now they do out of convenience but also they have more crap coming out of their pores due to the additives in what we put in our bodies. if my feet are hella dirty i wash them before getting into bed because i wash the sheets once or twice a week unless the situation calls for more of an immediate intervention. otherwise i'm stewing in a cesspool of crap while i sleep.

there are germs literally everywhere. what kind, how much and how deadly they are is relevant to how sick you want to get or how badly you want to die. human evolution can account for unclean people dying off and if you want to push your luck, go right ahead. some people thrive from having forced immune systems, more power to them. i was raised by germ-a-phobes, people who don't wash their hands and some that do. i know more about germs than i would like. general rule of thumb: moderation. you touch a bar of soap and the faucet or spigot but you've wash your hands. lot better than walking around with shit covered hands all day. moderation.

i wash my hands after i sneeze if i deflected a boogie from becoming air born. i'm not anal about washing my hands but considering the likely hood of getting sick or dying from lil things i can't see i generally do this - use very hot water all the time, soap mostly (food, bathroom, sex related) and even rinse my hands after coming inside from being out all day, humans are pretty gross and i'm all for buidling my immune system naturally (i don't get inoculated) but they are typically more careless today and too many of them, i don't want to be a zombie, i want to survive the zombie apocalypse.

everyone has their own level of comfort with the topic of cleanliness and some situations or circumstances deem our behavior to do what we are going to do. washing your hands so other people touching you or things you touch don't get sick or die is a courtesy, no one is holding a gun to your head but i'm not getting within 10 feet of you knowing this now.

tl/dr? it's cause i'm messing with you, honestly get a room you two. i'm a clean freak who likes to get dirty. i work hard and i play hard.

Last edited:
Why are me and my girl from another planet?
Yes, I'd walk on a city street and if there wasn't visible dirt I'd get into bed with the dirt.

What about rain? Are you one of those people who thinks rain is dirty? Do you change your clothes and have a shower after being in the rain?
It sounds like you do because you go to the extremes of washing your hands after taking a dump or touching a napkin.

To all the washers: do you have a shower after being in the rain?

Once again, a napkin is clean like toilet paper I see no point in washing hands.

I have been in psych wards and been injected with Invega so I guess I'm mentally ill but wierd? I fail to see how I'm wierd for not washing my hands.

I think the people who think that rain is dirty and then have a shower after being in the rain are wierd.

Ok, if an "extreme" is washing you hands after taking a dump you can stop there.

No, I don't wash my hands after touching a napkin.

If I get rained on I may or may not take a shower depending on how much I get rained on and if I have to go to work after that.

I work in the educational field so I'm not going to get rained on, then just put on a nice pair of clothes and pretend it never happened and dry off and go to work, but if I get drizzled on while taking out the trash to go back inside and watch TV then no, I'm not getting in the shower.

Maybe if I get totally drenched for some odd reason I might just cause my clothes are sticking to me or some shit, but chances are no I wouldn't.

It's NORMAL people who wash their hands after taking a shit.

Dude, it's weird because it's just unsanitary.

Did you parents teach you to wash your hands, or did they not wash their hands either?

Seriously, what did you parents teach you as a little kid??

Did you wash your hands as a little kid, or did they never raise you to wash your hands?

If they didn't then that's a little bit less weird and I'd just feel kind of bad that they never taught you that.

Look up the Center for Disease Control and their stance on hand washing.

They are the authority.

Last edited:
OMFG! genius. HAHAHA!!

@LandsUknown: not inherently wrong. stink it has more to do with customs, how you were raised and general courtesy or respect to others. not getting sick is a bonus.

to those who participated in the first few pages: thank you. good read sitting on the porcelain throne.

to those carrying on these last few pages (Specified and Mycophile) :

this thread started off pretty good, kinda piddled out so here's what it's like reading for the last few pages. see how you like it. :p

rain is dirty. it comes off the earth, passes through things in the air going up and coming down. definitely not sterile but not muddy or green. i don't shower after the rain.

wash my hands with soap always and face sometimes after sex if not take a shower on occasion, sometimes i don't give a f**k. i do give and receive oral on occasion (no rimming). always after shaking the one eyed trouser snake. (i'm trying to spread the love. not create a new super virus or make a baby in petri dish)

i take a shower once a day for general cleanliness. i'm spoiled like that. i have water that goes into pipes in the ground that whisk it away to a magical place where sorcerers zap it to another dimension in trade for more clean water that come back through a different set of pipes to my place.

i wash my hands before and after i eat, face mostly rinse around the area involving my mouth and wash/rinse before i prepare food. (even if i use metal utensils per directions of use instead of trying use them to see what the inside of my leg looks like). it's food and my mouth i'm touching plus the germs in the air and on other things.

almost every time after going number 1 because i'm not perfect and can't wash them if there is no water to wash them with like peeing in the woods, being drunk at a bar with a long line for the bathroom doesn't help this either. always after #2, unless i'm in those woods and all the dwarfs stole the water from the lake again. i take a shower sometimes after #2 for convenience and freshness but that's like 5 times a year if that.

i've never used a bidet (toilet that sprays water on your bum and maybe some warm air) i'd be interested to once and i would wash my hands after using one.

i have wiped with TP then hit the baby butt wipes to see what it was like, very soothing. washed my hands after.

what do i do with the time after i don't wash my hands? idk, if i'm not washing my hands i seriously don't give a f**k at that point.

after i go #1 i close the lid (unless i'm at a dudes house that women are not going over there and he doesn't have a daughter) then wash my hands (unless i've peed all over myself and everything then i use 1 square of TP folded and close it, disposing of the TP in the garbage can or use the tip of my shoe to wedge the seat open and place inside ceramic bowl. i wipe the tip of my shoe on someones bed sheets). #2 i wait until after i've washed my hands and use a piece of fabric that is made from a non porous, blended polymer of steel, plastic and kevlar with an anti slip and anti bacterial coating on it. then i dispose of it by burning it in an incinerator.

the area around your crotch and bunghole get warm right? those areas you feel the heat are a good general guide as to where the more nasty germs live plus that heat bakes those germs left behind and make them more deadly (not to mention stinky).

your feet (your whole body) get dirty even if they never touch the floor. it use to be people didn't bathe more than once a week. now they do out of convenience but also they have more crap coming out of their pores due to the additives in what we put in our bodies. if my feet are hella dirty i wash them before getting into bed because i wash the sheets once or twice a week unless the situation calls for more of an immediate intervention. otherwise i'm stewing in a cesspool of crap while i sleep.

there are germs literally everywhere. what kind, how much and how deadly they are is relevant to how sick you want to get or how badly you want to die. human evolution can account for unclean people dying off and if you want to push your luck, go right ahead. some people thrive from having forced immune systems, more power to them. i was raised by germ-a-phobes, people who don't wash their hands and some that do. i know more about germs than i would like. general rule of thumb: moderation. you touch a bar of soap and the faucet or spigot but you've wash your hands. lot better than walking around with shit covered hands all day. moderation.

i wash my hands after i sneeze if i deflected a boogie from becoming air born. i'm not anal about washing my hands but considering the likely hood of getting sick or dying from lil things i can't see i generally do this - use very hot water all the time, soap mostly (food, bathroom, sex related) and even rinse my hands after coming inside from being out all day, humans are pretty gross and i'm all for buidling my immune system naturally (i don't get inoculated) but they are typically more careless today and too many of them, i don't want to be a zombie, i want to survive the zombie apocalypse.

everyone has their own level of comfort with the topic of cleanliness and some situations or circumstances deem our behavior to do what we are going to do. washing your hands so other people touching you or things you touch don't get sick or die is a courtesy, no one is holding a gun to your head but i'm not getting within 10 feet of you knowing this now.

tl/dr? it's cause i'm messing with you, honestly get a room you two. i'm a clean freak who likes to get dirty. i work hard and i play hard.

Yeah, definitely TLDR lol.

You don't need to say all that because I feel that about 95% of the CIVILIZED world doesn't have to specify when they wash their hands, it's basically common sense: when you have the perception, whether it's visible or not, that you touched something really really dirty like shit, garbage, went to the gym and lifted weights everyone else lifts, and sometimes if you touch certain public objects that everyone touches like maybe a gas pump or a rail in a subway or something like that.

Sure, there's a range of people who are super obsessive compulsive and wash their hands every time they touch anything and that's not at all healthy either and I've known people like that.

Obviously the entire world is covered with germs and you can't wash your hands every time you touch anything, but the truth is, our hands are probably dirty from touching nearly everything, but you can't live you life washing your hands after everything you touch so lets just limit it at least to the basic rules of washing your hands when you take a dump and a few other times.

I mean honestly, if you ask almost everyone when they wash their hands THE VERY FIRST answer that comes to their minds is after taking a shit.

Most people don't even have this conversation cause that's all there is to say.

@Mycophile: i think most people agree with you. idk because i haven't talked to everyone, most of us like to think they are clean so we don't get hung up on something that is kinda gross to think about. i think if you ask someone then your going to get an answer but your not going to get an honest answer from everyone. they might say they do but it's just so they don't think people believe the worse in them. they might say they don't so they can have some fun with you. some people are set in their ways whether they're clean or not, some are more flexible. to each their own.

i think it's a good and humorous way of going about this conversation, that's what i was getting at. you don't want to know how many times someone wiped, did it all come out or what color and consistency it was unless it's your kid; then it's for obvious health reasons like if they're sick or potty training. some people find it very off putting to even talk about this. it's all a social norm. some people are into sending pics to others of their BM's as a prank today, most aren't comfortable with that. makes for some funny memes sometimes.

i took it too far to show you both how far you guys were taking it imho. not trying to get on your case about it or mod the thread just saying not that big a deal. plus we can't verify most of the people who responded as to whether it's true or not cause it's the net. it's just potty humor.

i.e. to answer the OP's question: "is washing your hands really necessary after taking a dump?" no it's not. i do it every time after i take a dump. with very hot water and soap. "is there anything wrong with this?" what's wrong with you, you sick freak. you like to play with yourself after you take a poop and don't wash your hands? or maybe you enjoy eating a shit sandwich for lunch?

(that last part was humor but not everyone is comfortable with it, seems like i'm attacking him. that first part is true though. every time with hot soap and water, call me weird, i've been called worse for less and more.)

Last edited:
Ok, if an "extreme" is washing you hands after taking a dump you can stop there.

No, I don't wash my hands after touching a napkin.

If I get rained on I may or may not take a shower depending on how much I get rained on and if I have to go to work after that.

I work in the educational field so I'm not going to get rained on, then just put on a nice pair of clothes and pretend it never happened and dry off and go to work, but if I get drizzled on while taking out the trash to go back inside and watch TV then no, I'm not getting in the shower.

Maybe if I get totally drenched for some odd reason I might just cause my clothes are sticking to me or some shit, but chances are no I wouldn't.

It's NORMAL people who wash their hands after taking a shit.

Dude, it's weird because it's just unsanitary.

Did you parents teach you to wash your hands, or did they not wash their hands either?

Seriously, what did you parents teach you as a little kid??

Did you wash your hands as a little kid, or did they never raise you to wash your hands?

If they didn't then that's a little bit less weird and I'd just feel kind of bad that they never taught you that.

Look up the Center for Disease Control and their stance on hand washing.

They are the authority.

No my parent's did not tell me to wash my hands so I guess that's where I got it from.

Why is it ridiculous?

Dude, did you not read what I said?

1) Because food doesn't have the kind of bacteria in it that shit does, unless it's raw meat or raw egg

2) Because toilet paper does not give you the distance from your food and the stability of inch long metal utensils

You are comparing sticking a knife or fork into cooked food to putting REALLY thin paper right up against the shit in your ass.

If someone goes to hit you with a knife you can block it with a knife right?

Can you block it with toilet paper?

Is toilet paper made of hard metal material like knives and forks?

Is cooked food full of bacteria like a piece of shit??

In no way shape or form does you comparision make sense.

I could stick a fork into a piece of shit and I'm not even getting close it it, but if I wipe it with toilet paper the shit is going to seep through the paper.

You don't think very logically dude.

For that matter, what do you think will happen if you try to flush knives and forks down the toilet?? LOL

There's a reason toilet paper can be flushed: because it is SUPER soft. SO soft that it really does not protect your hands from the bacteria in your shit.