Brief redirect using BL site....

PerpetualAnhedonic

Bluelighter
So, last few times trying to open BL, post, change pages, etc- I have been briefly (about 5 seconds) been redirected, with a message stating it was checking browser before opening site, and with some info regarding Cloudfare and DDOS...

Now, I don't recall having this issue before, so curiosity strikes...wondering what the issue is.

Is this a personal issue or is the site under attack....or hell, maybe something to do with net neutrality death in the United States? Though, this last one seems highly unlikely to be the case in this instance.

Anyone have some information/answers for me here?
Thanks.

- Perpetual

It's nothing to worry about. There have been a few issues with the server recently. It's supposed to be there.

I was just about to mention I'm getting the same. Not only when logging in but when switching pages too.

I was worried since it's a drug website and it the only site I get this with . Still happening today as well now sometimes between threads .

Cloudflare is protection against DDOS and other types of attack.

My stratum server for crypto mining also uses Cloudflare as it is very effective.

Bluelight being down, Ddos problems, and other site problems?

The other day while I was trying to hop onto bluelight I could'nt connect to the site. I tried multiple different things and it came down to the site itself being down, and not anything with mu computer. Now it works fine, but I've noticed some new things when the site is loading. Has bluelight been subjected to ddos attacks or other cyber hacking esque stuff? 'm curious, as I could see some people wanting to do that and I wonder if its been an ongoing problem?

^ this.

we've been under intermittent dos attack and this is just one tool we're using to address the situation.

the screen is entirely normal and nothing to worry about.

alasdair

The redirect makes sure you’re not trying to DDOS attack us.

Thank you for your patience. I know 5 seconds can be an eternity to a drug user.

I definitely noticed that BL was down several times prior to putting the Cloudfare solution in place. Thanks, Bluelight has been available every time for me since the Cloudfare protection was put in place. I'm not familiar with the settings on Cloudfare, but the way it is currently configured it seems like I'm getting the prompt a little too often for my taste, like once every minute or two during regular Bluelight browsing. A couple times it got stuck on me too and I had to refresh my browser because it wasn't granting me access.

Curious if it is possible to configure Cloudfare to have a longer memory so that the Cloudfare screen comes up less often during a typical browsing session. It would improve the Bluelight user experience, assuming of course the protection against DDOS attacks is still adequate. A sluggish Bluelight user experience is definitely still preferable to Bluelight not being available at all.

The redirect makes sure you’re not trying to DDOS attack us.

Thank you for your patience. I know 5 seconds can be an eternity to a drug user.
Wow no need to be rude . It wasn't the 5 seconds I was worried about more worried about being tracked going to a website about drugs .

Wow no need to be rude . It wasn't the 5 seconds I was worried about more worried about being tracked going to a website about drugs .

I don't think he meant to be rude.

I too have noticed this recently. Both the new cloud flare redirect and on other occasions cloud flare pages indicating the site was unavailable. Scumbag DDoSers.

Last edited:
I'll admit this redirection is fast getting annoying. I mean, I'll learn to live with it if need be. I just hope it can be made a little less intrusive. It's really just that it's a bit too frequent.

Lol I bet this same scary thought ran through many users' heads. Admittedly, it did through mine briefly as well haha.

-PA

To be fair, your ISP knows what sites you are accessing. Odds are most BL users are not using a VPN.

This is happening WAY too often? how can it be bypassed by regular BL'ers? its happening too frequently by far and its really starting to piss me off. And it keeps making the browser hang on BL, then on trying to refresh or go back, it comes up with some horse shit about 'the submission cannot be processed because the token has expired'

Making it very difficult to post at all.