• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Morphine Sulfate SR not working?

Rhane

Greenlighter
I am a 120 pound female. I do not have very much experience with opiates except taking some oxy once or twice a month at parties. Today I got ahold of 1 60mg Morphine Sulfate SR and 10 30mg Morphine Sulfate SR. I did a lot of research on the best way to take these to feel the highest. Obviously, IV is the best, but I am NOT down for that. Everyone said plugging was the best way to go, but I was away from home and didn't have the materials. So, I did the next best thing I read. I sucked on 2 of the 30mg's until the waxy coating was gone, then chewed them up and swallowed them. After an hour I felt ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, so me and my boyfriend decided to crush one up and snort it. Although everyone said snorting is a waste, some said it worked instantly with a euphoria. Snorting it slightly gave me a buzz but not for long.

Annoyed, when I got home I decided to attempt plugging them. I used a razor to scrap the coating off of the 60mg one and 1 30mg one. I crushed them up and dissolved them into about 25 ml of warm water, then used an enema to plug it. Again, after 20-30 minutes I still felt ABOLSUTELY nothing! About 5 minutes ago I railed an entire 30mg pill. It worked, and I'm only feeling a slight buzz (which is going away as I type this...). To recap, I have taken 60mg orally, 90mg rectally, and 30-40mg through my nasal for a total of 180mg of Morphine within the last 4-5 hours. Why am I feeling nothing? If I took the same amount in Percs or Oxys I would probably be dead. I am so bummed because I feel like I've wasted my cash. It takes me about 40-50mg of any other opiate to get me nodding, so why is Morphine any different? Has anyone else had experiences with any Morphine Sulfate SR pills? Any tips on how I could've done it better orally/rectally/nasal? Does anyone else have a similar response to Morphine? Have I overdosed on Morphine to the point where I won't wake up in the morning? Any advice welcome :D

TL;DR - I took 180mg of Morphine sulfate SR every possible way except IV (which I won't do) and do not feel anything. Has anyone else had this happen? Have I OD'd on Morphine?

Also, this is my very first thread on here. I apologise if I broke any rules pertaining to a thread. However, I am genuinely concerned about myself and if I possibly have overdosed. I figured this was the best place to ask considering experienced and helpful folks are here.

Any thoughts are welcome and I am grateful for any input :D

*UPDATE* - It's been 4 hours since I posted. I absolutely COULD not go to sleep because I'm impossibily ITCHY and feel sick. I still have not felt any "high". I took some Hydroxyzine (anti-histamine) to try and counteract the itching and sick feeling. I really hope I don't overdose on this shit.

Last edited: