• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

(HR) how do I obtain an oral syringe from my pharmacy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patrickforsterter

Bluelighter
What should I say to get the appropriate syringe so I can plug my codeine? and what syringe do I get? 5ml 10ml? I'm in the UK and if I could buy a cheap baby product medicine or something that comes with an oral syringe? i would prefer that to save any akward questions.

Oral syringes are not typically controlled. At least nowhere I have seen them. They are basically just straws attached to tubes. They are hanging on the racks with other products where I live (TX, USA). Not even behind the counter.

It's been twenty years since I used one for my baby's medicine. I think they hold up to 5 ml but you don't ask for a size, rather they give it to you. You can also buy a medicine syringe at a pharmacy or pet store to avoid questions. Since you're in the UK, check out our regional forum. I'm in the U.S. and not familiar with their pharmacy practices.

Yeah i'm in the US and i just walk in and get a baby oral syringe. I doubt it would be much different in the UK. If for some reason it's behind the counter then just tell them it's for your child or little brother/sister.

in the usa here. i couldn?t find one on the shelves at my drug store (except packaged with baby medicine which was expensive), so i asked the pharmacist and she gave me one free of charge. even had three sizes for me to chose from. i?ve gone in several times to get them and have never been asked what for. always free because the don?t sell them but have them to include with liquid prescription meds.

Any pharmacy will carry oral syringes. They typically go for about $3.00 American. If I need one and I'm beat, I just walk up to the pharmacist and say I lost my dosing device for my cough syrup and "I would hate to administer an incorrect dosage" ;( Closing this one up.

Status
Not open for further replies.