• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

"Immune" to LSD, some help? (probably interactions with other meds)

burnergodtwo

Greenlighter
Hello, so after years I wanted to try LSD again, I had some nBome but its not the same thing, at all. So i bought from two different vendor, but 0 effects everytime.
The first vendor give me another tab because I said the first didn't work, but it happened the same with the second, and I believe its something related to me rather than fake lsd blotters. Second vendor I bought 3x, got 1 for free, tested it, didn't work.
So i share some informations here:

Since years I take almost everyday before sleeping benzodiazepines, some clonazepam (2mg) or lormetazepam (20 drops) usually. For some months I took Mirtazapine on a daily basis for depression problems, then I stopped it because I gained too much weight. Now I feel ok, I'm taking some Wellbutrin each morning (0,75mg), and since 2 years I developed a tollerance to amphetamine, there are days where i stay completly clean, other days when I do 9-10 lines in a day. It's a bit out of control I know but I'm working on it. Problem is now: antipsychotics. I used to take them recreationally before sleeping (im not diagnozed with schizofrenia or whatever), not every day but several times in a week, specially Olanzapine (5-15mg)/Chlorpromazine(100mg)/Haloperidol(5mg or 20 -40 drops) in these lasts months. Reading from the forum, taking LSD while under effects of any of these is probably a good way to waste and kill the trip, so I decided to stay clean for few days before trying again LSD.

I stopped Saturday with all these antipsycotics and went to a party Wednesday. Took some ecstasy+speed+ketamine and none of them was apparently dampen by antipsychotics, I even went into a deep k-hole with just 3 lines of k. After the hole when i "surfaced" again to the real world, I took the LSD and nothing. After having it under my tongue for more than 1 hour, i swallowed it, then waited another hour, then i felt asleep, and I woke up with 0 effects but still with a huge "fatigue" from the khole, in fact I went to bed again.:|

My question are:
1) Is there a possibility I damaged "something" with the abuse of antipsychotics? I read about Haloperidol and Olanzapine causing like "brain shrink".
2) Is 4-5 days enough to do pychedelics after antipsychotics or should I wait more?
3) Now I don't know if the lsd was fake, or if i developed an immunity to hallucinations or w/e, so any tip about when to try again LSD? I have 3 blotters left and I believe they are good, but I want to be sure 100% the trip will not be wasted and killed by other meds I took.

Thanks for any help!

Olanzapine, Chlorpromazine and Haloperidol all have fairly long half-lives - on the order of ~30 hours or so - meaning that even if you took your last dose 4 days ago, there is a good chance that a significant amount of the drug would remain in your system.

Add to that the fact you were on benzos, and that the average LSD blotter *really* isn't particularly strong (typically between 50 and 100 micrograms), and it is no wonder you weren't feeling much.

Someone who takes antipsychotics or benzodiazepines on a regular basis should ask themselves what they are expecting from LSD.
These medications are prescribed to people with mental problems such as anxiety, paranoia, delirium and other disorders.

Personally, I only recommend taking psychedelics to those people who do not need to take that type of medication.

DocLad

Yeah, SWIM is probably not going to get much out of your psychedelics since most of your meds antagonize the receptors that LSD binds to so until you are off your meds for a week or three you'll not be tripping.
That said...you take anti-psychotics recreationally...are you fucking tripping?
I guess whatever floats your boat, but you need to decide if you want to drool or trip.

Thanks for replies. Yea I take them recreationally, I'm diagnozed with a light personal disorder like bipolar or borderline but not schizofrenia or something harder like hearing voices or paranoia etc. I just take them to have a good nap (specially to kill amphetamine effect when i use them) but I usually never become zombie-like, I just sleep a lot.

I guess 4 days isn't enough, I'll try to stay clean for more, weeks maybe. I don't actually need those meds. But benzo I'm afraid I can't stop them, but now i'm only on clonazepam 2mg/day so it shouldnt be a big deal, I remember taking other psychedelics when I was abusing multiple kind of benzos and trips were not dampened so much by them.

All those antipsychotics you listed are pretty hardcore, you know. Chlorpromazine and Haloperidol are first-generation or "typical" antipsychotics, i.e. ones that will simultaneously block serotonin and dopamine receptors. This makes them *very* effective at controlling psychotic episodes or schizophrenia, but the blockage of dopamine receptors also tends to cause temporary symptoms of parkinsonism once you exceed a certain threshold (true Parkinson's is caused by the death of dopaminergic neurons). Used chronically, your dopamine receptors might get dysregulated to the point where you acquire persistent movement disorders.

Olanzapine, being a second-Generation-antipsychotic, is much more selective for serotonin over dopamine and thus carries a lower risk of movement disorders, but while it is generally considered the most effective of its class, it is also the one associated with the most severe side-effects.

Now I am by no means saying that no one should be using these drugs, because for many patients with severe illnesses, they are obviously a godsend. However, so is chemotherapy. Chemo drugs are lifesavers for people with actual cancers, but you wouldn't use them if you didn't have cancer, and just wanted to lose weight. If you must use an antipsychotic as a comedown aid, *maybe* try quetiapine (which is generally considered the most benign antipsychotic), possibly even low-dose risperidone... but try to avoid the ones you are using at the moment.

Last edited:
Yep indeed they are quite bombs for the brain, I tried to get some quetiapine/risperidal but they are very expensive..and when I take amphetamine there is no benzo that can kill the effect so efficently that's why I use these kind of antipsychotic even without having a real mental condition. I know it's only a matter of mood tho, cuz when i'm happy/normal I don't feel the need of taking amphetamines and then meds to kill them.

@ Original Poster;
you have to wean from all those band-aid psycho-actives you acquired for a mild personal grief or problem of loneliness, jealousy, and disaffection complexed with shame and hopelessness, but continued using out of habit or amusement. Those drugs do not treat shame, loneliness, grief or anything, they just jam your perceptions.
shame, grief, loneliness, jealousy and unsatisfactory-ness are real things that we have to work with, and those drugs just put it off.
so
wean
admit what is bugging you
get engaged in the world and enjoy when good stuff happens for anyone.
then use some lsd once in a blue moon.

@ Original Poster;
you have to wean from all those band-aid psycho-actives you acquired for a mild personal grief or problem of loneliness, jealousy, and disaffection complexed with shame and hopelessness, but continued using out of habit or amusement. Those drugs do not treat shame, loneliness, grief or anything, they just jam your perceptions.
shame, grief, loneliness, jealousy and unsatisfactory-ness are real things that we have to work with, and those drugs just put it off.
so
wean
admit what is bugging you
get engaged in the world and enjoy when good stuff happens for anyone.
then use some lsd once in a blue moon.

I'm trying to reduce the amphetamines, I noticed when I exit with friends I stay happier for some days later, and this means I don't need to compensate my loneliness with amphetamines or benzos.. Main problem is Amphetamines at the moment, because I got the habit from a very very hard time in the past, and now I'm paying the consequences. Benzos are aswell part of the problem yes, but I reduced every kind of benzo abuse to just 2mg of clonazepam/day. I could break this habit too, but it's not on my priority list at the moment.

get this book "Lost Connections: Uncovering the Real Causes of Depression - and the Unexpected Solutions "

Seriously tho OP, you might want to research "Tardive Dyskinesia", it's a real thing and Haldol is a perfect way to get it. And once you got it, you got it, get it?
I had an Aunt with that shit and for years, as a kid, I thought all her "gurning", facial tics, twitches and machinations was from being crazy. It turns out that it wasn't from the disease, it was from the fucking CURE!

Yep indeed they are quite bombs for the brain, I tried to get some quetiapine/risperidal but they are very expensive..

Doctors basically throw quetiapine at anyone they can, and it's gone generic already, so it should be cheap a.f. with a script.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but taking freaking Haldol as a sleep aid because you can't stop doing amps is an act so reckless that it may be seen as evidence of an actual mental illness.

I don't think this counts as sourcing advice when I tell you to see a doctor about your anxiety/insomnia ASAP and get a script for quetiapine, because I actually believe you would benefit from medical help to control your self-destructive impulses.

Thanks for the replies and help, very very appreciated all of you. Tho, I prefer to stay clean instead of trying seroquel or other meds, less shit I have in my body, better it is.

Why in THE WORLD, would you be consuming antipsychotics "recreationally"...???! I'm sorry, but that is just absurd, utter nonsense....what in the hell is going through your mind??

Phuckingnutz is absolutely correct in saying you need to decide if you actually want to trip and get high, or drool all over yourself like a brain dead moron. If the latter is what floats your boat, I guess "enjoy" then.....but as others have pointed out, you can most likely look forward to horrible, chronic, lifelong disabilities brought on by your antipsychotic glee....

I don't personally find any good in this that I would choose to wreck my mind, body and life simply to feel like shit for "fun"....but ya know, different strokes....whatever floats your boat dude.....but I'll stick with my real drugs and highs (which also happen to be nowhere near as harmful), thanks...

Don't take this the wrong way, but I happen to strongly concur that you'd very likely greatly benefit from some in-depth mental health treatment....hell, everyone could, myself included.

Get well, be well....take care of yourself my friend. Please get better ��

-PA

Don't hate on me, I know I'm stupid for taking these bombs recreationally, but everyone reacts to a bad time in a different way. Back in time I wanted to suppress the inner pain, loneliness and who knows what else by just...killing my mind and kinda become zombie like. I know there are no benefits from these meds, but now I completely stopped them even if in the last months i occasionaly took them for a sleep purpose only, and I'm stopping them not only because "i want to try again LSD lol", but also because you made me understand that there is no point in doing such self-harm in this way. Even if they aren't addictive, they are destructive for the brain. I need to stand up and face my real problems, this abuse i've done in the past, was probably one of the stupidest thing i've ever done in my life, even my gf hated me for doing that.