View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

IM Ketamine question

dustb0i

Greenlighter
Hi. So I'm gonna IM ketamine for the first time. I have all set up and have read alot on how to proceed with it.
I tried yesterday to go through all the procedures except for adding the ketamine to the solution. I quickly pushed the needle into my thigh as instructed based on images and videos, I then steadied the needle with my hand and tried to pull back to see if there was any blood. There were none, only discomfort from when the needle wasn't helt still. I then injected 0.1-0.2cc/ml of the saline water into my thigh, waited and dragged it out.

There was no pain except from when I pushed in the water. Is this normal? Am I safe to inject ketamine next time? My leg is completely fine and I have everything in order for a sterile and clean injection. Any tips?

If you didn't get a bump like the water didn't get into the muscle and was trapped between the skin and muscle you probably are ok

Meant to add this, but if you miss all you can do is massage the area and apply a warm compress and you'll get very little effect while if you get the muscle effect should build within a minute.

I did not get a bump, I did not inject very much either, though. It wasn't painful after a minute of a bit of massage and just relaxing my leg. I just wonder if I did it properly, if it went into the right place or not. If I inject with ketamine I wanna make sure I hit it right. Any signs of that I did it right? I felt resistance when trying to drag out for blood and no blood and the liquid went smoothly in even though it kinda hurted while pushing. No marks or discomfort afterwards.

Just wanna be certain =) thanks for the replies

Does anyone have experience injecting subcutaneous? There's a couple of studies showing its efficacy for depression (SC).

^ Theres a bloke doing ketamine infusions around here but I dont remember what hes being treated for so could be a psychological or physical thing.

Paging speed king!

Bumping this one last time, after that i'm gonna research furthermore online. I'm new here, but been lurking for a while.
If anyone has anything to add, i'll still gladly accept any tips!

^ Theres a bloke doing ketamine infusions around here but I dont remember what hes being treated for so could be a psychological or physical thing.

Paging speed king!

By paging you mean messaging, or notifying him about the thread? If so great! That sounds nice.

I have been doing IM injections for 20 years. You have to make sure that the needle is long enough that it goes deep down in your muscletissue. If theres no blood when pulling back you are good to go. But you should not do it to fast. It takes a litle time for the fluid to dissolve into the tissue.if you do to fast or with to much fluid it will hurt. If there is blood when you pull back it means you are in an artery. You then need to pull out the needle and stick it somewhere else.you must not put ketamine into your artery.only veins

Use your bicep. If you're worried about hitting a blood vessel, then pinch a bit of skin up in a bunch and then inject there. Of course, that would technically be a subcutaneous as opposed to intramuscular injection, but anyway, if it's winter and cold out, the cold ketamine solution will hurt more.