• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Week 2 of clean living!

Psnoots

Greenlighter
Hey guys, proud to say other than suboxone and subutext I am 2 weeks clean!!!

I just started this place called "SOAR" or Southeastern Outpatient Addicts Rehabilitation. I called out of the blue one day while I was deep in WD's and they called in a doctor and opened the clinic thay day just for me, had me checked out and heading to the pharmacy within a few hours. I was iffy at first, I've heard how shitty these suboxone clinics can be, just take your money and give you a script without caring 2 shits about your recovery, thank God this place is nothing like that. I've never felt more respected by a doctor and nursing staff in my entire life, they truly seem to care about us addicts. I was started on suboxone films, but broke out in rashes and was scratching my skin off in my sleep, so came home yesterday with a subutext script, I reckon I am allergic somewhat too nalaxone. I have a long, tough road ahead of me, but thanks to this place I can get out of the bed every morning and I can finally see a future worth living for.

Thank you guys, just wanted that off my chest. If your in Southeastern Alabama check this place out, they're legit.

glad to hear that you're doing well and have found a good program to help you through your recovery. stick with it <3

Great to hear that you found a program that is willing you accomodate you and get your meds to you when you need them.

Wow! That clinic sounds wonderful. That is really great Psnoots.

I just started sub treatment too. 12 days ago. I go to a psychiatrist. It's fair. Nothing like you're describing. I'm just grateful *finally* got in. It costs a fortune. In fact, I was quoted different prices during the first phone call.

The Dr. seems kind of uncaring- I felt like she just wanted my money. During my extremely expensive, cash only first visit, she was telling me "I'll give you Subutex" and made eye contact w me as she said it.

I said, "It doesn't matter either is ok. I just can't afford the film today. ", as they are $200 more. With these expensive first 3 visits, it's hurting financially.

However, I'm still so very glad I started long overdue treatment. In spite of the uncaring Dr , and all the challenges I face at home with a husband that's fighting me every step of the way- I did it. It's a start. And a good one at that!!

I'm rooting for you P! <3

I wish you the best. Try not to stay on the subs for too long if you can manage to.