• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Advice / Norco withdrawal

Vauael810

Greenlighter
7 days ago, I took my last norco for back pain. A few hours later, I realized I had become addicted so I ceased use and went through withdrawals. The worst is over, but I am still trying to regain normal energy. However yesterday, I pinched a nerve that sent searing pain from my shoulder to my fingertips. I first mistook it for a heart attack. My question is, is it "safe" for me to take a half to relieve this pain, or will this cause me to start withdrawals all over again?

Half should be fine. It definitely wont bring the "worst" withdrawal symptoms back.

If you’re already done with acute withdrawal half a pill will be fine. You might feel a little out of sorts emotionally when it wears off or the following day, but you should be good. I second Chris.

You might want to take a decent NSAID like Naproxen or Ibuprofen as the pain is going to keep "reminding you" that a few more wouldn't hurt. If you have a legit prescription then excuse the assumption, it's just you stated that you took your last pill a week ago but then got a half today. I know if I'm in pain I'll go to unusual lengths to obtain some. If it's been 24 hours or less you might have luck with cold like an ice pack. If it's been over 24 hours then heat might be more appropriate.