bl staff, policy and process feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now this is what I call “constructive”, and actually showing of a double standard. If I came in here calling all of y’all a bunch of lifeless mayos that don’t understand the ironic or humor, it would not be met with such understanding. Perhaps this thread has run its course if this is the type of stuff we are going to be getting.
I feel the same, as if the thread has run its course. I've answered my reasons for posting this thread, but it's been fruitless. At least some of the things that were brought up have been responded to and acknowledged, so it's not a complete failed attempt at improving things on BL.
Maybe this topic can be returned to at a later time, but I'm not gonna be holding my breath until then.

jah's behavior after he was not given a staff position just confirms - to any who had doubts - that he was absolutely not suitable for the position.

alasdair

This may be so, but it was only used as a symptom of the larger issue raised by BP. I'm sure he isn't the only one chosen by his respective peers and moderators in certain sub forums that showed a different perspective from the herd, only to be disallowed by senior decision makers.

I agree and made fun of him for even wanting to be a moderator here.

From my perspective one of the main issues is how seriously you all take this stuff. This is another symptom of having all like minded individuals running the place.

Since it doesn't seem that TPD or anyone else from that side of the argument wants to actually address the issues, instead focusing on attacking posters and their previous actions instead of their actual positions raised I am leaving the discussion.

Good day and good luck.

For those not aware of the history of individuals in this thread complaining about the user agreement and raising so called issues have become persistent trouble makers in the sense they have a history of disregarding and/or flagrantly violating it.

The possibly exceptions are BP and zep, but I am not surprised to see droppers, phr or even scuba (scuba because it’s mighty hard to tell whether it’s her or jah using the account) keeping this alive and from addressing the actual issues this was created to explore.

Maybe we should have some arbitrary background info on yourself?

Honestly scubagirl, I think the goosestepping among the ranks of BL really makes any sort of dissenting opinion fall on deaf ears. I get why youre white knighting for jah, but I don’t think there is any use crying over spilled milk. There is only one way real change can occur.
Has Bluelight ever approached things democratically? Could we have a primary and election for a potential admin? Alasdair incumbency would definitely have an edge, but say a TPD or a Tathra could get their ideas out there. Just thinking out loud here, and trying to turn this thread into something constructive. Thoughts?

I'm satisfied, in the sense that I have no expectations, with that response.
it's curious that you would complain so vehemently that it's not possible to be heard or change anything here and yet, when the site owner reaches out to you and offers to listen to your complaint, you choose to not engage. curious indeed. i'm trying to not draw the obvious conclusion.

well, i'd like to thank those of you who chose to respond with constructive discussion. it's unfortunate that some people couldn't embrace the spirit of this second attempt but there are lessons there too.

i agree that this thread appears to have run its course so i'm going to close it for now and try to focus on taking away something positive.

alasdair

I'm sure he isn't the only one chosen by his respective peers and moderators in certain sub forums that showed a different perspective from the herd, only to be disallowed by senior decision makers.
he's not. this is how oversight works and the senior staff have failed to confirm many forum staff choices for moderator. in this case, we demonstrably got it right.

I am leaving the discussion
you managed to leave for a full 25 minutes jah scuba :)

alasdair

Status
Not open for further replies.