• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Can Tramadol substitute Codeine?

Aaron0105

Greenlighter
Usually I take 600mg codeine of a night for a decent relaxin buzz, can take 300mg with 50-100mg Tramadol and get similar effect. No codeine left now though, how can I find a way to improve my high with only Tramadol?

Just don't take too much tramadol, as it can cause seizures.
Keep it below 400mg, i think is the maximum you can take.
I'm not sure how it compares to codeine mg for mg.

Take 600mg codeine don't works because the effects of codeine are the action of the morphine into is metabolized a 10% of the codeine taken but this pass from codeine to morphine only happens until 400mg codeine, more than 400mg has no more effect than 400mg

Codeine is a classic narcotic although a minor narcotic, acts like morphine, heroin or methadone but tramadol is an atypical opioid is a narcotic a bit less potent than codeine but too produces higher levels of serotonin and norepinephrine, are different effects

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, both working on mu, delta and kappa receptors tho codeine being semi-synthetic and tramadol fully, they are very much alike - without intended, you could even see tramadol as a codeine mimicry...!

Take 600mg codeine don't works because the effects of codeine are the action of the morphine into is metabolized a 10% of the codeine taken but this pass from codeine to morphine only happens until 400mg codeine, more than 400mg has no more effect than 400mg

Codeine is a classic narcotic although a minor narcotic, acts like morphine, heroin or methadone but tramadol is an atypical opioid is a narcotic a bit less potent than codeine but too produces higher levels of serotonin and norepinephrine, are different effects

Just so we are clear, the "ceiling effect" of Codeine is dubious.

You cannot take more than 300mg Tramadol (Ultram) in a sitting. It lowers the seizure threshold and seizures are not particularly enjoyable. Leaving this one open for now. There's potential for danger with Tramadol, so although this is a "how do I get high" thread, I feel like OP might be a little naive to the facts about the drug in question.

I would be super careful with the tramadol my friend. The seizure possibility is very real and would not be nice to have it happen whilst you?re alone or doing something that could possibly end up with you seriously hurt were you to have a seizure. I?ve never personally gone above 300mg and every time I?ve gotten a buzz from it. I too was abusing codeine at one point alongside it. I was 400mg a day roughly, always mid morning. I found 50mg SR tramadol with a 200mg codeine CWE to be an okay mix. I am certainly not advocating you do it, this is my experience with it and everyone of course is wildly different.