Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

2C-B 22mg - oral - very experienced - Surprisingly dissociating

crOOk

Bluelighter
Hi everybody!

I will keep this experience report very short. I recently took 2C-B with my wife. She had taken acid (150ug) and 2C-E a few times before at average dosage levels (~12mg oral).

I did 14mg intranasally when she came up, since I didn't want to IV it as I usually do while she had a much slower comeup. I will focus on her experience here since it was very unusual for what I had seen in myself and others before.

The plan was to do an average dose and spend the time cuddling, talking and kissing while making sure not to do little since we only have 120mg of this precious psychedelic. I don't know which salt we had, but I assume it was HBr - nose burn was barely existant.

Now I used to use 2C-B at lower doses and remembered it was quite empathogenic and smooth. However we were both hit pretty fucking hard which rendered our plan unsuccessful.

The time frame was as expected, very close to what erowid suggests as average.

However the effects were not which is why I am writing this report. My wife experienced very little in terms of CEVs while the OEVs were so intense that she had to close her eyes for most of the duration of the trip.

Even more remarkably, she reported the effects to be much more resembling those of dissociatives instead of the two other psychedelics she has experience with, one of them being 2C-E like I mentioned earlier.

She said she had lost all proprioception and pretty much stopped perceiving her own body altogether eventually. She kept extending into eternity before shrinking back to a dot. A cycle that repeated itself many times. She also travelled through vast empty spaces, actually feeling as if she was moving. While this did not scare her, it was not what she expected (a mix of 20% MDMA and 80% acid as I had made her belief) and kept her from getting a lot of enjoyment out of the whole thing.

While nausea was practically non-existant even during the smooth come-up that she reported as enjoyable, she started getting a heavy body-load towards the tail-end in the form of severe muscle aches. It was reportedly very taxing and she was sure she would not do psychedelic phenethylamines ever again. Understandable.

That's all I wanted to get off my chest. It is meant to serve as a warning to those who read up on the substance and come to the conclusion 2C-B was a relatively mild psychedelic resembling empathogens like MDMA. It is not. Not in the higher mid dosage range anyway. I suspect our material to have been not more than 90% pure, but that is mere guesstimation due to the color of the chunky grey powder on one hand and the relatively intense effects I personally experienced at 14mg administered intranasally.

Nonetheless, it is a very enjoyable substance in my experience which poses little danger of bad trips.

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_2cb
substancecode_phenethylamines
explevel_veryexperienced
exptype_positive
exptype_bodyload
roacode_oral

Last edited by a moderator:
Everytime I see a new trip report posted by crOOk I get excited. I always enjoy reading them :)

I don't think you mentioned your wife's 2cb dose? Curious how much you gave her. EDIT: I'm a dumbass, you put the dosage in the title. 22mg. Duh.

I agree that 2c-b can be a pretty serious psychedelic sometimes. It's description of being "a mild psychedelic resembling an empathogen like mdma" often does apply but not always. Especially in higher doses.

By chance, how sure are you that this material was actually 2c-b?

Thanks for sharing that report! 2C-B is well-known to be dissociative-like in really heavy doses, but that's the first time I've heard that from a common dose range. What a bummer that your partner's experience was so undesirable. People really love that molecule. If she decides to explore it again, I guess you now know that it's possible she's just really sensitive to it and might want to titrate up from a threshold dose.

I eventually figured out how to benefit from 2C-B, although my experiences are still pretty unlike the ones most people report. After my first couple experiences, I wouldn't have given it the time of day if I hadn't bought so much during those glorious pre Web Trypt days. My biggest gripe was that oral dosages were wildly unpredictable for me, with 15mg doses sometimes stronger than 30mg doses.

I eventually tried rectal dosing, which allowed me to dose low, then work up to where I wanted to be. I've read that a low-dose metered nasal spray works even better for working your way up to the optimum situational dosage (cuddles vs therapy vs universe gazing.)

I really enjoy 2C-B, I have never gone deep with it except when combining it with other things where it works extremely well... I combined it with LSD once and it sent me into another dimension, the LSD trip had already established and was underwhelming. I also combined it with 4-HO-MET once, I had taken 35mg of 2C-B (I am a hardhead and need around that for a full experience on it), and added the tryptamine just after the peak first started to drop off, and had amazing inward journeys with extremely beautiful and life-like closed eye visions (not visuals so much as visions telling stories with the music). Beautiful stuff. I actually find 2C-C to be quite similar but I prefer it slightly to 2C-B... both are euphoric with great body highs and quite visual, but 2C-C is sharper and more psychedelic and analytical. I find it a more useful psychedelic.

Ah, 2C-C...my first psychedelic PEA. I tried it once, underdosed, and hated it. Years later and more experienced, I dearly wish I'd given it a second chance before it disappeared after it was scheduled, as I eventually grew to appreciate everything 2C-B had to offer (except for that pesky stimulation.) It seems like a material I might really gel with.

I'm a 2C-B hardhead, too; 35mg orally reliably produces obnoxious muscle tension and insomnia, but only sometimes a ++ or light +++. I do much better with other ROAs.

While the two aren't all that subjectively similar, I find that 2C-T-2 is a better material than 2C-B in every way. Their applications for me are about the same, but I almost always prefer 2C-T-2.

To help with muscle aches and body load I strongly recommend to preload the following (especially with phenethylamine psychedelics):
-Magnesium (preferably not a cheap MgO) - will help a lot with body symptoms
-Garlic extract - will help with headache and vasoconstriction
-Agmatine - helps with body aches and vasoconstriction

Addition of some low dose Phenibut also puts my body and mind in a more pleasurable state.

2C-B is a rare gem, thank you for posting your TR, crOOk! :)