• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Tar heroin: why so many varying effects?

Hazama

Greenlighter
Hello, im a west texan heroin IV party guy and I have searched everywhere for an answer so i hope one of you folks can help. In west texas we mostly have black tar heroin. Typically sold in .1 "papers" then halves and grams. Now, there is a lot of variation with end product. Sometimes, will appear transoarent red in the syringe. Other times pitch black. Neither attribute being a determinant for quality. However, my question is this: why do some brands have a bomb or awesome rush accompanied by brief period of intoxication? While, sometimes the opposite is also true with a more gradual onset but longer time nodding. I am convinced that neither color nor consistency (i failed to mention, can be rocks resembling shiney coal, or even sticky goo and also not temperature influenced. But of course, warmth causes it to become softer and malleable) are determining factors. Nor does it seem, per my amateur observation; that purity is a deciding factor. Am i experiencing varying effects because akin to marijuana there are multiple strains with variation? How does one find what i have dubbed the "tar unicorn" ? Literally, one time in 4 steady tears of use did a .1 paper make me nearly climax but also slurred my speech, ruined my hand eye coordination and balance. It looked like liquid outer space. Anyway, super curious.

Its just a byproduct of having an illegal, unregulated product. There are many different methods of manufacturing heroin, and there are many different adulterants that can be used. There is infinite number of visual appearances heroin can take... and there are also a million ways to create the illusion of quality product. For example one of the reasons quinine has been used as a cut is because people associate bitter taste with quality... and fentanyl can be used in low quality heroin to increase its effect at a low cost to the dealer.