• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

What is a good taper to get off 25mg methadone

Day 56- So, you were surprised when I got clean of methadone with no help eh?.... How did he really do it you wondered. Well, it's time to share my secret:

6jlhs3.jpg

:)
Dale

Last edited:
Can you front me a few of those Dale ; )
Ash.

Day 56- So, you were surprised when I got clean of methadone with no help eh?.... How did he really do it you wondered. Well, it's time to share my secret:

6jlhs3.jpg

:)
Dale

Honestly. Yeah I'm surprised you did it. Most people myself included would have given in

Ashley- Sure, if I really had any. They are fictional. If I did have them, I might have tried them. I found this prank ad online about 10 years ago, and I saved the picture then, but who knew it would fit right in to my real life now.

cj- If someone gives in, all that suffering has to be repeated. I just can't imagine me doing that again. I credit a lot of support I got here on BL from people like TPD, Ashley, GreenDark, ladyhlove, moscatel and from you cj - and others. All of it helped nudge me to keep going. I think I would have kicked methadone anyway, but it made it a little easier knowing all of you were rooting for me. Thank you for that.

Day56- Today was a good day for me. I've had a little sneezing, but I don't feel any withdrawals at all. I slept good last night again too. A few weeks back, I was thinking I would never sleep normally every night again, but I am. Every withdrawal symptom does go away in time.

"Drugs take you on the road to nowhere, but at least it's the scenic route."
Dale

Hello Dale,

Man it's so good to come on here an read about how well you're doing!!!!

What did you get up to today? Still fixing up the homestead? Don't work too hard.

Happy you're sleeping well and that all the wd's are gone for you.

I had a lot of running around to do today and just now sat down to see what you were up to. Today was another good day for me, life is good. : )

Keep being you Dale, happy to have you as my friend.

hugs,
Ash.

Ashley- Sure, if I really had any. They are fictional. If I did have them, I might have tried them. I found this prank ad online about 10 years ago, and I saved the picture then, but who knew it would fit right in to my real life now.

cj- If someone gives in, all that suffering has to be repeated. I just can't imagine me doing that again. I credit a lot of support I got here on BL from people like TPD, Ashley, GreenDark, ladyhlove, moscatel and from you cj - and others. All of it helped nudge me to keep going. I think I would have kicked methadone anyway, but it made it a little easier knowing all of you were rooting for me. Thank you for that.

Day56- Today was a good day for me. I've had a little sneezing, but I don't feel any withdrawals at all. I slept good last night again too. A few weeks back, I was thinking I would never sleep normally every night again, but I am. Every withdrawal symptom does go away in time.

"Drugs take you on the road to nowhere, but at least it's the scenic route."
Dale

images

Hello my dear friend Dale/Yoda ; ), 57 days today, woohoo!! So proud of you. What are you up to today?

Your friend,
Ash.

Aw Ash, you're so sweet. Thank you! That made my day :)

So it is Day57- I woke up this morning feeling better than at any time since I started withdrawals. I had no pain - no withdrawals, no sneezing - no headache and I slept good last night again. I even have (had) good energy. I say had because today was digging day here and that wears me out fast. The ground here is so darned hard that I can only go a few inches down at a time after soaking it. I'm not nearly as far along as I hoped with this project.

My girlfriend is always stealing my t-shirts and sweaters... But if I take one of her dresses, suddenly "we need to talk".
Dale

Last edited:
Glad you're feeling so well Dale!!

Don't overdo it with the work though, take time to rest. Today is now Day 58 for you, look at you go Dale, such an inspiration!!!

I hope you have a fantastic day Dale!!

Hugs,
your friend,
Ash.

P.S that's my favorite joke so far!!!:p

Aw Ash, you're so sweet. Thank you! That made my day :)

So it is Day57- I woke up this morning feeling better than at any time since I started withdrawals. I had no pain - no withdrawals, no sneezing - no headache and I sleep good last night again. I even have (had) good energy. I say had because today was digging day here and that wears me out fast. The ground here is so darned hard that I can only go a few inches down at a time after soaking it. I'm not nearly as far along as I hoped with this project.

My girlfriend is always stealing my t-shirts and sweaters... But if I take one of her dresses, suddenly "we need to talk".
Dale

Dude, your a beast!!!
great job dale!
your also probably the most inspirational person on this site.
im not a great writer like you so I only know to say you are awesome and thank you!!

Hi Ash - Thanks again and again for the all the great encouragement. You always have something nice to say :). I'm glad you liked that joke :)

Hi Beenbetter - Thank you! (I'm not a great writer either - I just wing it as I go. When I was still in elementary school (a very long time ago), I got a "D" in writing and and "F" in handwriting. What I write comes right from the heart. If I'm inspiring you (or anyone else) to have a better life in any way, then right on!

Day 58- It's hard to believe it's almost been two months since I started WD's. In the early days of this, each minute felt like 5, and every day felt like several. By the second day, I remember thinking "okay, this is going to be hard to get through and I'm going to feel sick; no escaping it. I also knew it was going to take a while because of the drug I took (methadone). I just psychologically gave in andaccepted that I had to go through it. I have gotten a lot of support from people here in BL too. I am so glad I found this site.

Today was another good day for me. I did wake up with a headache again, but it was gone within an hour of taking aspirin (my new drug of choice). I had some sneezing too, but nothing like it was earlier. I don't feel any of those awful skin sensations I used to have. I am sleeping good and every night. Today I finished the second trench I was digging. (18" deep by 35 feet long). It's for electrical stuff I'm having done. I'm not that tired, so I think my energy level is staying good now.

"A recent study has found that women who carry a little extra weight live longer than the men who mention it :)"
Dale

Feel better soon Dale, thanks for your lovely reply on my thread!!

your friend,
Ash.

I am getting over the hump again - I feel 50% better than yesterday. I woke with a headache and some minor chills, but I did sleep a solid five hours last night after hours of restlessness.

motiv311 - did you feel the withdrawals from 42mg to zero? If so, pls tell me how your first five days went - maybe it was no worse than what's happening with me - or worse? When I cut back, I don't really feel any withdrawals for the first two days, then it hits hard on the third day - lasting over 24 hours straight.

il_340x270.427614142_s4av.jpg

Good Morning my dear friend, day 59 for you!!!
imgres

You're the BEST Dale.

Today is just an errand day for me, still hot, going to be another 30 degree (celsius:)) day!!! I do not love the hot heat, and I'm very fair, so I gotta watch it, tons of spf and all that!!!!

How are you doing today Dale? What are your plans for today?

Thank you so much for all the jokes they have helped me a lot. Laughter really is good medicine, I'm not going to say it's the best, for me the best is having a good friend like you that has been there to cheer me on!!

Hugs, your friend,
Ash.

Hi Ash,
Where do you find these signs :) Still, thank you again for remembering and finding that pic.
Today was work in the yard day here. My backyard is huge, and there is always many things to do. I'm glad you like the jokes. Thank you for your friendship too :)

It is Day 59- Today was an excellent day. I felt good and got a lot done around the house. I still have energy left over. That really makes me think about the times I didn't think I'd ever have good energy again. I feel lucky! I was on my drug over 20 years and I got through it (WD's). I hope everyone reading this gives themselves the time to get through WD's and to feel this good again. It can happen for any of you - serious.

What did the elephant say to the naked man? "How do you breathe through that tiny thing?"
Dale

9k=
images

Wow Dale you are at 60 days!!!!

My sincere congratulations to you!! You are an inspiring and an all around great guy!!

What are you up to today?

your friend,
Ash.

9k=

Day 60-
Thank you Ash. I really appreciate all of the little extras that you post for me and your sweet words of encouragement. It means a lot.

I woke up feeling really sore from too much working in the yard this past weekend (and Monday). I have no withdrawals - physical or mental. My energy level is pretty good and my mood is great. Feels like a good day is ahead.

At this two month mark, I am going to slow down posting in my own thread to once or twice a week. I've been posting much of the same "doing good" stuff every day lately. No need for ppl to read that every day. I do want people to know I am sticking to this and staying drug free for the long term, and I will be around.

Again, I want to thank you to all of you for all the support and encouragement I've been given in my BL thread. It means a lot to me and it makes a positive difference. I hope this forum's members will all take time to drop in on other people's thread and say hello. All it takes is a few moments to share a few kind words that will make someone's day better, just like many of you did for me.

"The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart."
Your friend,
Dale

Last edited:
Hi Dale,

This just shows a lot how well you're doing after your quit!!! I think you're right, I too have decided rather than bore with a daily update, I will post in my own thread occasionally.

Any extra time I have I would much rather spend my time supporting others anyway.

We thank you for all YOUR support too Dale, it's good for people to be able to see what you went through, and see that you're completely gotten you life back and are back to normal.

It's been lovely to watch.

Here for you anytime Dale,
your friend,
Ash.
images

Day 60-
Thank you Ash. I really appreciate all of the little extras that you post for me and your sweet words of encouragement. It means a lot.

I woke up feeling really sore from to much working in the yard this past weekend (and Monday). I have no withdrawals - physical or mental. My energy level is pretty good and my mood is great. Feels like a good day is ahead.

At this two month mark, I am going to slow down posting in my own thread to once or twice a week. I've been posting much of the same "doing good" stuff every day lately. No need for ppl to read that every day. I do want people to know I am sticking to this and staying drug free for the long term, and I will be around.

Again, I want to thank you to all of you for all the support and encouragement I've been given in my BL thread. It means a lot to me and it makes a positive difference. I hope this forum's members will all take time to drop in on other people's thread and say hello. All it takes is a few moments to share a few kind words that will make someone's day better, just like many of you did for me.

"The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart."
Your friend,
Dale

Day62- I am still sneezing every once in a while. WD's are gone and done. I have really good energy now and have been keeping busy most all day long every day. The reason I took methadone was for pain. The pain is still there - I just deal with it by resting or stopping what I'm doing. It does bother me at night though, but not enough to go back on methadone and face those withdrawals again. I suppose we all have some kind of monkey on our back at one point or another, so instead of "why me," I just getting pushing ahead and smiling.

When I was on meds, I really just wanted to stay home as much as possible. Now, I am feeling more and more like going places and doing things. I've been planting flowers and trees in the yard - something I just didn't feel like doing before. I'm listening to music way more often and turning off the TV more. Life is good here - seriously.

"I've been sober for 136 days now! Not in a row, but still..."
Dale

images
Lol, I thought you'd appreciate this Dale, I tried to find one with Yoda sneezing but no such luck!! ; )

Just like you I am trying to find other ways to deal with the chronic pain, there has to be something for us doesn't there? Happy you take time to rest and that you don't overdo it. Although it's a pretty cool feeling to know you're not isolating so much anymore,and are more in touch with the outside world.

HAVE A FABULOUS DAY MY FRIEND!!!!

Hugs,
your friend,
Ash.

Last edited: