• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Hydrocodone after Suboxone

Robin Johnson

Greenlighter
How can I get euphoria from hydrocodone after taking suboxine or how long do I have to wait to do so?

Hi Robin and welcome to Bluelight. I moved your post so you would have your own thread. We try to steer away from queries which main objective is about getting high. Just a heads up because Bluelight is a harm reduction forum. You didn't say what dose suboxone you're taking or for how long you've been using it. More information is needed from you to give a better answer but it could take a could take at least a couple days to feel opiate euphoria after stopping buprenorphine.

Yea like T said it's probably going to take a couple days before you can fully feel the hydrocodone. The longer you wait from your last dose of Suboxone the better.

Another thing to consider is that Suboxone may have raised your tolerance significantly but this is going to depend on what your tolerance was like before suboxone and then how big your Suboxone doses are.

Often times Suboxone Drs will over prescribe. So when somebody who has a mild tolerance goes on Suboxone they are actually raising their tolerance considerably. Then they try to stop Suboxone and go back to their drug of choice only to discover their old dose no longer works.

But this is going to depend on how much you used to use and how big your Suboxone dose is. So like T said, we could use a little more info to help you out better.

This is my 1st time on this sight and Thank your responses . I'm on 8.2 mg of suboxone twice a day.I have very high tolerance .I use to take up to 10 a day which is why I'm on Suboxone . I couldn't take the withdrawals anymore I'm thinking of not bothering because it would be too hard to get the euphoria with my tolerance . Not to go off the subject but does anyone know what I can add to my suboxone euphoria such as Kratom and what kind and dosage should I get.I hope I've respond correctly . Thank you guys for the heads up

This is my 1st time on this sight and Thank your responses . I'm on 8.2 mg of suboxone twice a day.I have very high tolerance .I use to take up to 10 a day which is why I'm on Suboxone . I couldn't take the withdrawals anymore I'm thinking of not bothering because it would be too hard to get the euphoria with my tolerance . Not to go off the subject but does anyone know what I can add to my suboxone euphoria such as Kratom and what kind and dosage should I get.I hope I've respond correctly . Thank you guys for the heads up

I am a little unsure exactly how much Suboxone you are taking everyday. You said you are taking 8.2mg twice a day, which is a strange dosage...? Did you mean to type you are taking 8mg twice a day? As in 8mg/2mg (buprenorphine/naloxone) twice a day?

If you are taking 8mg twice a day then there really isn't anything opioid like that you will be able to take effectively. High doses of buprenorphine will essentially block most other opioid medications from working.

Lots of people say that they are able to enjoy Kratom while on Suboxone but most of these people saying so are using 4mg total of buprenorphine per day or less. It's possible Kratom may still work on higher doses of Suboxone but I have my doubts. Maybe somebody who has tried Kratom while on high doses of Suboxone can give their advice...

For the most part, if you want to be able to enjoy other opioids while taking Suboxone then you are going to have to taper down to 4mg per day or less. The less Suboxone you take every day the more you will be able to feel other opioids.

Of course, you are probably taking Suboxone because of addiction issues? Tapering down so you can start getting high again will be counter productive to your treatment. I'm not trying to preach - you can do as you wish - I just hope you have thought through this all the way ;)

Last edited:
Thank you and yes I meant 8 mg a day.I didn't think there would be I just gave it a whirl and the good advice.Just thinking like an addict.That doesn't go away for me.Im in therapy so I'll talk about it next session

I know the feeling. I have had ~13 years of opioid dependency spread throughout the last 18 years. I have 'quit' several times and I did it once by doing a slow taper on Suboxone. So I know where you are coming from.

If you are serious about your recovery then talking about it during your next session is a really good idea. Learning how to recognize and cope with the signs and triggers of relapse is a vital part of recovery. I'm still struggling with it myself.

We have a couple of subforums here at bluelight that you might find helpful. They are full of smart supportive people that understand and can help when you feel you need it. These forums are under the recovery section: Sober Living, The Dark Side and Mental Health.

Thank you for the supportive answer I havnt been on this sight for awhile I have a session this Tuesday. My counceler take alot of weeks off and I only see her once a week. I dont want to change therapists so I will look at The Darkside and the other one you suggested. Thanks again

I unfortunately, developed a relatively small hydrocodone habit, 3 a day at most, and thought it would be ok to just go get a suboxone script instead of quitting...
Now I'm basically throwing my money away because I never feel anything from either substance, but I've got other neurological problems so I don't want to quit the suboxone and deal with the little bit of withdrawals there will be.
Sucks to spend a lot of money on something that you feel nothing off of for sure.
I'm hoping either Drs or microdosing psychedelics will get me feeling well enough to quit the useless crap.
I also take a useless antidepressant my Dr over prescribed me, that does NOTHING, but gives some pretty uncomfortable WDs when not taken.
Same with the suboxone, feel nothing off of it, but uncomfortable WDs after two days not taking.

I tried Kratom once in a small dosage, once in a large, and it was very underwhelming, no fun to be had "for me"... I think I have a problem with some receptors.
Of course that was only two times, and who knows what kind of strain it truly was, potency, etc.

I have been wanting to tell anyone struggling with an opiod problem like I was,10 a day that I've found an antidepressants that is a miracle worker and it's in a class of its own The rx is called Viibryd After 7 days of using it I actually felt like I was high off hydrocodone and have ever since It turns out that I had MDD "Major depressive disorder " I don't know if I always had it or it was from opiod I'm thinking it was from the opiod but now I feel alive again and I bounce out of bed every morning Ask your Dr about giving you this rx It's expensive but my County Care medicaid is covering it for now Hope I didn't go off the subject here Honestly trying to help anyone who was like me I'm still trying to find out now about taking morphine the following day after suboxone but I only have a few left over from awhile back I'm not desperate just curious

I’ve been struggling with opioid dependency since 2018 due to having Fibromyalgia. I’ve used them with a prescription and without one. Was taken off bc I had a panic attack and took one 0.5 “chill pill” (which turned out to be Xanax) that my father gave me while I was suffering from a panic attack, and was piss-tested for the first time after a year of being on 10mgs of Hydrocodone (four times per day). Felt like a set up, bc I was tested the morning after I took it (probably just a shitty coincidence), but I was taken off despite me not knowing what a benzodiazepine was/how it interacted with opiates back then. I was prescribed opiates bc I have Fibromyalgia and have continued taking them bc they’re the only thing that makes me feel e remotely “normal.” In 2018, I could still work, have a social life, etc. but sadly Fibro progresses with age.
I was prescribed Suboxone to get off of Vicodin, but being on Subs every day really messed up my stomach. I was nauseous to the point of being bedridden. So I tapered off of those, but was back to being in immense Fibro pain, so I wound up buying opiates from someone who had a prescription for them (I don’t trust street pills, since they can be laced with Fentanyl, and I don’t want to risk that.) Last August (2021), the person I was getting them from was cut off by their doctor, so now I’m getting way less Vicodin than I used to.
Suboxone use (short-term) helps me with my immense Fibro pain when I don’t have access to opiates. I didn’t know until I read this thread that Suboxone increases your tolerance to opiates, which explains why I used to be able to take 30mgs of Vicodin per day and feel better, and now I could take over 80mgs and feel no pain relief at all. Usually, at most, I’ll take 2 strips of 8mg Suboxone in a day, but I won’t take them for 3 days in a row, maximum.
Would any of this information help someone more knowledgeable than me about this give me an idea as to how long I have to wait after taking Suboxone in order to take 30-40mgs of Vicodin and feel the pain relieving effects on them? Right now, it just feels like I’m wasting them, and it seems like I need to wait much more than 3 days to feel like the Vicodin is working at all, even if it doesn’t work as well as it did without Suboxone in the equation. I’m not looking to get high off of either one. I have a pretty significant tolerance to both, it seems. Just looking for answers I don’t really know how to find on my own, save for trial and error (but I’d really prefer to avoid wasting more money if possible, considering I’m legally disabled and unable to work, but haven’t received disability/disability income yet).
Any thoughts, suggestions and/or wisdom would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.

If you want to feel other opioids, you have to get down to at least 2mg of subs & under for a few days.

You don't even have to stop taking subs, just decrease the dose dramatically so you're not on a blocking dose.

I have been able to feel (and enjoy) a mere 10mg pill of hydrocodone on low enough doses of bupe.

If you have been taking high doses of subs long enough, you will have to let a lot of that come out of your system before you can get any "fun" out of other opiates.

And even then, I'm have my own personal theory that long term high doses of subs "fries" out receptors & opiates are never really the same again.

If you want to feel other opioids, you have to get down to at least 2mg of subs & under for a few days.

You don't even have to stop taking subs, just decrease the dose dramatically so you're not on a blocking dose.

I have been able to feel (and enjoy) a mere 10mg pill of hydrocodone on low enough doses of bupe.

If you have been taking high doses of subs long enough, you will have to let a lot of that come out of your system before you can get any "fun" out of other opiates.

And even then, I'm have my own personal theory that long term high doses of subs "fries" out receptors & opiates are never really the same again.
Hey, thanks for the reply!

I don’t use either of them “regularly” really (because I’m afraid I’ll get end up physically addicted again to either of them, and they’re not easy to come by).

I don’t remember how long it took me when I tapered off of suboxone under doctors supervision to be able to feel Vicodin again, but it seems like it’s taking forever, considering I usually only would take up to 16mg of Subs per day for 3 days max.
Then like, days later, sometimes even a week later (like now) I still can’t seem to get any pain relief for my fibromyalgia (which is what I’m really after), let alone any type of warm, fuzzy, “high”-type feeling. If I feel that, that’s just a bonus.

I just feel pretty stuck, ‘cause I don’t know how to help my pain other than by using Suboxone (if I can find it) in place of Vicodin or sometimes Oxy (if I can find any). And doctors haven’t proven to be very forgiving of my, “I didn’t know I took a “benzo” to relax. I wouldn’t have taken it had I known it could’ve been a dangerous mix,” situation…

If I’d need to get down to 2mg subs, they’re probably not even worth getting, since 2mgs won’t relieve any pain.

Right now I’m not on any subs. It’s been 8 days since I took any, but I still can’t feel opioids, and I have no idea how long it’ll take for me to. I took three 8mgs a day for three days: April 20th, 21st and 22nd, so that was 8 days ago. I wonder how much longer I’ll have to wait to be able to feel anything from them…

Tried taking 40mgs of Vicodin yesterday and got zero pain relief/zero feeling at all from it.

Again, thanks for the advice to begin with!

Last edited: