• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Avicii songs ring out from this Dutch town's bell tower as a tribute to the late Swed

neversickanymore

Moderator: DS
Staff member
avicii.jpg

Avicii songs ring out from this Dutch town's bell tower as a tribute to the late Swedish artist

By Lindsay Benson

Updated 4:19 PM ET, Sat April 21, 2018

CNN)In a tribute to the late Swedish artist Avicii, a town in the Netherlands played some of his most popular songs with its bell tower on Saturday morning.
The music rang out from the Dom Tower in Utrecht, Netherlands, CNN affiliate RTL Netherlands reported. It's the tallest church tower in the country.
Pim Brassien, 30, of Utrecht, filmed some of the tribute. He recognized the Avicii tracks "Wake Me Up," "Without You" and "Hey Brother" as the bells chimed.

cont CNN)In a tribute to the late Swedish artist Avicii, a town in the Netherlands played some of his most popular songs with its bell tower on Saturday morning.The music rang out from the Dom Tower in Utrecht, Netherlands, CNN affiliate RTL Netherlands reported. It's the tallest church tower in the country.Pim Brassien, 30, of Utrecht, filmed some of the tribute. He recognized the Avicii tracks "Wake Me Up," "Without You" and "Hey Brother" as the bells chimed.

RIP

Complications from alcoholism was reported.. pancreatitis alcohol induced I believe

Fuuuck :( not necessarily his biggest fan, but I definitely appreciate his work.

Hi there NSA :) we miss you <3

his music was terrible. i dont wish death upon him but i hate the whole bullshit the media has been doing about "EDM" and shit. electronic music was around far before avicii and "edm" is terrible, and the kind of people who like that shit ruin the scene.
he was hardly a revolutionary artist, he was just a consumable product that they could play on the radio (as opposed to most actual electronic dance music) so apparently that means he was relevant in the actual electronic music scene, and he's not and never really was.

i am very sad at his passing and was a huge fan.

been listening all weekend to his songs. When i was first going to shows in 2010-2013 i really enjoyed his music and sets. some of the best nights of my life were at his shows.

Last edited:
Only heard of this guy, never heard his music but never was a fan of EDM. Reading about his apparent suicide hits home, not only because I'm battling my own demons, but he's the same age as me. RIP Man. You left your mark with your music and huge following. All the money, fame, and drugs in the world can't conceal those dark thoughts within.

It's not suicide its the media making too much of a statement from the parents. There is no confirmation of suicide.