• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin How to make BTH less caustic?

tortimer

Greenlighter
The BTH I have been getting burns like holy hell when you inject it.
-Is there any way to fix this? Make it less acidic? If so, how?
-Would raising the PH help?
-Could I do that by adding lime or something or does that sound stupid?

Thanks all.

Caustic is a higher ph.... If you raise the pH too high you'll freebase the heroin and make it non water soluble. The best method is to dilute more with water as your buffer. Maybe try using the sterile saline solution from the needle exchange although don't try to make your own as you need to get the ratio same as the blood, which is hard.

I have been victim of tar's not well known acidity and burning upon injection. I always thought I was alone in my experience with it but it's kinda nice to hear someone else who gets it too. I would say dilute each shot with slightly more water, or just try to learn to enjoy the sting!

Caustic is a higher ph.... If you raise the pH too high you'll freebase the heroin and make it non water soluble. The best method is to dilute more with water as your buffer. Maybe try using the sterile saline solution from the needle exchange although don't try to make your own as you need to get the ratio same as the blood, which is hard.

Caustic just means it can burn via a chemical reaction, both acidic and basic materials can be caustic.

Dilution is probably your best bet, as both of the others have said.

The problem with raising the Ph is that if you raise it too much you will end up with a non water soluble version of your product so use something slightly basic like baking soda.
If you do go too far and it won't break down then you'll end up adding more acetic acid or lemon juice and you'll end up doing a "Mutt and Jeff haircut" trying to get it right.
I have used cirtic acid to shoot afghan #3 smack and ended up burning the ever loving shit outta my veins.
It's balancing act.

EDIT: what Tacodude said^^^ except for the "making it the "same concentration as blood" (Isotonic) a shot of smack isn't nearly enough solution the cause crenation /Lysis of RBC's. Well, at least not enough to worry about. If your concentration in your syringe is super strong your blood will immediately turn black and coagulate, but even then as long as it'll go through a 27-29 ga. needle you'll be fine.

Last edited: