• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Does codeine really have a ceiling

Patrickforsterter

Bluelighter
I took750/mg for the first time and wow it was amazing I don't even think I got that high the first times everything looked sandy and blissful this lasted nearly all day and night I did take some ram the day before though.

I've tried to find some codeine only trip reports so I can compare but can't find any I would love to know if any other fellow codeine addicts what their highs are like and what you like to do when your high and most importantly do you find you have a ceiling effect?

I've heard convincing arguments from both sides of the fence. High doses (500mg+) histamine release becomes too much for me

Yes, however time elapsing could certainly account for higher doses achieving higher effects. I would expect this to be very non linear however.

today I was gonna cwe a whole pack as usual but instead decided to just do half the pack which I'm glad I did because the high was a lot more enjoyable and I didn't get racey thoughts like I sometimes do then a few hours later had the other half and just been chilling off that I'm gonna take another 120 mg after eating I'll report back with any effects.

400mg is the alledged ceiling with codeine due to the fact it is a pro-drug and your liver can only metabolize so much into morphine, correct?

Codeine becomes morphine causing its effects only until 400mg, over it not is a higher effect. All over the 400mg is useful

^ Well tha varies from person to person; it is pretty much all about the 2D CYP ?enzyme?300-400mg is a rough line to go buy, However, assuming APAP is not a problem, a half a gram can be taken in some, if not my people. Typically, IIRC, 2.5-10% of a codiene dose is converted to to its primary chive metabolite, Morphine; however, in extensive or Ultra Rapid metabolizers this could be doubled, 5-20%(metabolizers this could be doubled, 5-20% ( 10-15% average?) so it varies Of course there is a limit; probably a gram per day,(w/out APAP/Tylenol) though some prop could take 250-500mg, 2 or 3 times per diemAlso, Cg3 is a secondary Active or Semi -Active metabolite, which likely contributes something So yes, a hepatic prodrug with a ceiling of effect, though it varies. Unfortunately Codiene causes a large histamine release and side effects, so experimentation is hardly worth it. Especially with little or no tolerance, it isn?t really worth experimenting; Start with say a tester dose, then a quarter gram; you can always redose >100 minutes later - next, 300-400mg, or if that wears well handled MAX 500mg, split into two doses, say a quarter gram, at least 40 minutes later another 125-250mgAnd no 2D inhibitors, especially 24-48 hours prior, and if you have to take Promethazine, take 12.5-25mg with first dose, another 12.5-25mg with second dose. Diphenhydramine is only a mild inhibitor, although it takes effect faster, so 12.5mg, followed by 25mg with second dose. Hydroxyzine is best, no inhibition, and no anticholinergic effects, nd amazing antihistamine that is quite relaxing, and even some mild anti-anxyiolysis makes it ideal; 20ng Or Cetirizine is also a medium - long lasting 2nd gen antihistamine So there is a ceiling, though it varies, person. Still, do a proper CWE & dose gradually, half a gram per day, or maybe 700-800divided into 3-4 doses is pretty much the max, and that requires an antihistamine - Though 500mg, then another ~ 200-300 mg MAX several hours later is the best you could probably get, and really ~ half a gram per day is more of a reasonable figure- just stating facts, mixed with some conjecture - hope this clarifies, again not dosing advice, start reasonably, just trying to demonstrate the difference between Pooe and Ultra Rapid metabolizers, and the more common extensive and intermediate metabolizers - be careful and safe, again educational purposes only, and some are estimates

^ very interesting I did 800 mg maybe more over the course of the day it was so hot and sunny to I felt like what I imagined smack to feel like I may or may not had had 60mg of dxm at some point prior I can't remember I sometimes do but other days I would get the ceiling effect if I took that much it's like my body has to be in the mood for such a large dose

Did a CWE years ago. My first "real" opiate. Yes, codeine did feel like it had a ceiling. YMMV.

I can't take a high dose of codeine without taking promethazine and it really annoys me because I used to be able to take them without any negative side effects I mean none at all just pure pleasure and bliss it's like they change something in the body and I don't just mean addiction I mean the body for whatever reason gets more restless than relaxed overtime my body does seem to anyway with codeine I had to take these old promethazine tablets that had been on the floor for God knows how long but I'm skint until next week just got enough for a few packs of cocodomal a weed and that's it good to be back on bluelight!

Hey guys. So I?m a heroin addict but not using much lately. So I got 30 co codamol 30/500 was thinking if I do cold water extraction and will I get high. Thanks for any info much appreciated

And info on cwex would much appreciated as never done it before. As I hv been heroin addict for 18yrs I hv doubts that I will get high of 30 co codamol 30/500 tablets

The nature of Codeine and its potential ceiling effect are definitely up for debate still, but I can definitely say, based upon my own personal experience, I have never encountered one. It's possible that when this phenomenon was originally postulated, they were expecting the Codeine (3-Methylmorphine), which requires de-methylation to Morphine to produce effects, probably had a limited capacity for doing so. For whatever reason, that appears to be incorrect. If one was looking to be very safe. they could stagger their dosages.

Use coffee filters not the coop ones but Sainsbury or Tesco asda and dissolving the tablets in a water bottle shaking it with warm water instead of stirring it in a cup and don't filter it all at once he patient and try to be as sober as possible before taking the dose I usually do 32 tablets at a time which is the standard co cocodomal pack size you may be surprised by how it effects you I'd say do 28 of those tablets and have some promethazine handy in case it makes you agitated which high doses can do but promethazine can turn the restlessness into a nice chilled out high but you might not even get any side effects and not need any promethazine just make sure theirs no paeraceatomal left in it