Why are some mods playing doctor

OP, you seem to have some baggage....and your title implies that there are multiple offenders within the mod community of this site.....yet you refuse to offer examples, and choose to only pick on one....well, who are the others? Do you simply dislike tpd's avatar/photo or something? That seems to be about your level of thinking here....

Perhaps pasting here the posts by everyone you find so terribly offensive would be of some help to clarify for everyone just who and what exactly you are alluding to, so you don't appear as a dishonest, lying, exaggerating drama queen simply trying to bully someone or stir the pot....which I'm SURE is not the case.....I'm sure you have a life and are perfectly comfortable with yourself.

For one, if your knowledge is so clearly limited in the topic of medicine and harm reduction as you have SO CLEARLY demonstrated, I hope to god I never encounter you in a medical emergency or situation.

You must not at all understand what this site is about and what it is here for. Everyone shares advice or anecdotes based upon experience (be it personal or objective) and knowledge.....wherever it may come from. People all have different ideas, opinions, experiences, ranges of knowledge, or even education in certain fields.....but YOU'RE the only one advertising your supposed career in medicine bud.
You've clearly got it twisted.

Everyone here gives their own advice on the topic of drugs, medicine, pharma, health, etc, (ahem....what's the focus of this site again OP?)so I guess everyone is guilty of such treason? I most certainly must be....why not attack me? If I have helped even just one person here, I am proud and satisfied with such results, so I really don't give a shit about you and your little nitpicking. Or how about everyone for that matter? Why not pitch an even bigger fit and add to this stinking pile of shit, make an even bigger fool of yourself?

If you disagree with something said by a certain poster, why not do as a normal person and post your own personal opinions or objections to a statement? That's the way this works. Perhaps someday you can figure this out. If something is said that is so purely, egregiously wrong or dangerous, use the report function. It's all not such a difficult concept, something a 10 year old could comprehend...perhaps someday you'll get there.

Hang in there bud, you'll get it someday....patience and maturity.

Tpd- I rather like and support your comment and advice....OP here has brought you with some good advice a little advertising....bright side of such an immature, ignorant, arrogant "attack".....nice going OP �� Some excellent advice on a health subject medical professionals tend not to approach, or simply judge the individual and offer no assistance. Tpd, please keep doing what you're doing....you terrible misrepresentation of a medical professional, you ��

-PA

Thanks for your support PA. I got pretty pissed when I saw this originally, but they do have a point, even if they didn’t present it that well. Pretty sure it was mostly just a personal dig, so I’m not stressing.

I have gotten enough feedback from people not to worry about it though, and heaven knows I’m not about to stop advocating for better treatment and such on here.

Just looking forward to the summer and getting back into SL mode :)

Haters gonna hate.... You are a definitive asset to this community, and a shoulder that many people lean on when they feel isolated and alone.... without judgement, which is a breath of fresh air, considering how badly most of us judge ourselves or are looked upon by outside forces.... Never stop what you're doing, you have probably saved more lives than you will ever know.

If you’re dependent on a full agonist:

800mg gabapentin 4x/day
0.2mg clonidine 2x/day
10mg diazepam 3x/day
2-8mg buprenorphine 2x/day
Loperamide as needed (staying under 40mg/day, ideally under 20mg; less is more, especially considering the buprenorphine which should take care of most of this)
IBU 600-800mg as needed
4mg ondansetron 2-3x/day or as needed
Non-narcotic sleep aid such as trazadone
Melatonin
Fiber supplements
Fruit and vegetables
Oral rehydration salts
Tiger balm and hot baths
Magnesium salt bath soaks
Ginger tea
Possible Robaxin or just more gabapentin

^ that's a fine example of where the person may think your a medical professional. Why not give a disclaimer that your not aa doctor. I notice theirs a bullying effect by the mods if they state an opinion someone don't like.

^ that's just a list of stuff. i don't think that would lead anybody to believe the op is a medical doctor.

people's default position should be to remember peers on bluelight are not doctors. you don't give a disclaimer that you're not a doctor, do you? :)

and even if somebody on bl is a doctor, they're not necessarily the physician of people posting here so people need to remember that too.

we've invited you, a couple of times at least, to report posts you find problematic so the forum staff can review. so far, you've chosen not to do that so i'll invite you again to report posts and we'll take a look.

thank you.

alasdair

Actually if I saw someone post a suggestion like that I’d assume they werent a doctor.

Why? Because most doctors I have come across are not nearly that compassionate, and either don’t know how to manage the situation or seem to believe it works better for junkies to suffer... :\

Maybe you know different doctors, but in ten years of trying to get my shit together I’ve met only one who was even approaching that level of professionalism and compassion. In other words, he was an exceptional individual.

I thought about adding a disclaimer somewhere that I’m not a doctor, but that seems little much to me. Considering I don’t represent myself as such, I’m not too worried about it. I have been a bit more sensitive, but it wouldn’t be very responsible just to suggest a med or something and not specific some kind of dose range.

And, again, I point out I have this habit of... recommending people work with medical professionals :|

I just don’t beat around the bush that most medical professionals treat drug users like crap when I’m from.

Anyways, really not worried about this issue...

Lol and NO doctor would EVER recommend doses of loperamide like that... that should make it rather obvious this is straight up junky wisdom, nothing more nothing less.

Haters gonna hate.... You are a definitive asset to this community, and a shoulder that many people lean on when they feel isolated and alone.... without judgement, which is a breath of fresh air, considering how badly most of us judge ourselves or are looked upon by outside forces.... Never stop what you're doing, you have probably saved more lives than you will ever know.

Thanks Zoe :) hope you’re doing well, not putting yourself in harms way down in PR fixing their power grid anymore ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I am so sick of this culture of "I'm not a doctor but".

This fear people have that they have to outright state out of some strange fear of litigation that what they're saying isn't the advice of doctor.

Unless you say you're a doctor, any sensible person is going to assume you're not a doctor.

If you just blindly follow the medical advice of random people on the internet, you have much bigger problems than can be solved by the culture of "I'm not a doctor but".

Now, I am indeed not a doctor. But given the incompetence of so many doctors, I don't think it matters if people here sharing advice based on what they've learned and experienced so long as they aren't outright misrepresenting themselves.

I'm sick of this culture of licensed opinion. Where no matter how informed you are you aren't allowed to give advice without saying a bunch of lawyery bullshit. And if you're an incompetent doctor you have free reign to tell people whatever stupid shit you like without contest.

Stop babying people. A great many bluelighters are very intelligent, very knowledgeable people. More than capable in their capacity as adults with relevant knowledge to give an informal opinion on a medical subject. Having a piece of paper from a university or not having one does not make you competent or not competent.

And as I said, if you just blindly and without thinking follow whatever medical advice you hear online, your own stupidity is the real problem and no amount of fucking up other people's interactions with lawyery disclaimers and obsession with formal qualification at the expense of real comprehension will solve that.

Nobody here can write prescriptions to other members. There's already a system in place to try and prevent idiots from hurting each other this way and it's probably already excessive without adding to it. Society already has enough of this bubble wrap insanity lawfully without the additional burden of people finding new problems to imagine into existence.

Last edited:
Making a list to take .2 clonidine twice a day, xxx of gabbapentin twice a day,and trazadone for sleep. Yes that would make people think they are getting medical advice. Trazadone is an antidepressant and .4 of clonidine is more then most doctors would prescribe.

To be fair, what you should be upset with is the fact that real doctors don't do what many of us here know helps withdrawal. Telling a person to take certain drugs at certain dosages in certain intervals is not playing doctor, it's giving solid advice; and it's also something a real doctor should be competent of doing. But seeing as practically none are, well... somebody else has to do it then.

Also, what Jess said. Thanks.

This is a DISCUSSION BOARD! If the OP was looking for WebMD, his browser severely misdirected him! Idk how many disclaimers are apparantly necessary to get the message of the mission and purpose of this site across, but apparently at least ONE MORE than OP read.... (probably didn't even bother to peruse any of them IMHO)

Lol and NO doctor would EVER recommend doses of loperamide like that... that should make it rather obvious this is straight up junky wisdom, nothing more nothing less.

And no joke dude, the loperamide shit FUCKIN WORKS.... Junkie wisdom for sure...
FULL DISCLAIMER: I AM NOT A DOCTOR. just a junkie with wisdom LOL

The same culture that makes actual doctors afraid to speak up on an airplane when a cardiac arrest or similar incident occurs, leading to the question, "is there a doctor on board?" .... The VERY REAL fear of litigation

:) thx

Last edited by a moderator: