• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Relapse

Snitts

Greenlighter
Hey guys, I went clean for 20 days off H. I drunkenly smoked 1-2 points of some black. The question is. Am I going to be ok. I'm terrified that my wds are going to be back? Should He take a sub if wds do come back, just for a day or two? Or is this going to be a small set back and the wds won?t last long or even come back off one small lapse. Any first hand experience would be super apreciated.... thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
Will you feel withdrawals? Maybe or maybe not. For some people using once is enough to kick start withdrawals, for others they have to use several days in a row.

So we cannot accurately answer this. But, most likely, you might feel some minor signs of discomfort for a day or two... If you feel any withdrawals they wiill likely be minor and should disappear quickly. It won't be anywhere near as bad as when you quit before.

I would not recommend taking Suboxone or any other opioid if you do feel any withdrawals. Doing so will likely make things worse in the long run. If you do have any discomfort then the best thing you can do is just power through. It will be over quickly and will help as a reminder to stay away.

No you 99.9% won't feel withdrawals. One time with opiates after 20 days of sobriety will not cause your body to dependent. But if you continue using you will get dependent sooner

OP, I by no means intend to patronize you, but what is happening right now, in my professional opinion, is that withdrawal is kicking your ass psyhosomatically before it even occurs. You are investing an immense amount of emotional energy into the "what if" when you could be spending time preparing in a mindful realistic way for what is ahead. You are not goin to die. It's not going to be a nightmare. It might not happen at all.

The problem is that there are simply too many cases of Opioid withdrawal for us to stop and acutely characterize and advise upon each individual case. Please take this with a grain of salt, but I doubt you will experience anything besides some mild malaise and perhaps some anxiety.

Don't freak out. We are all here for you every step of the way. Feel free to send any and all questions to my self or any other staffer or BL'er

I agree with what others have said.

If you are willing to get some more help for staying sober I would suggest you to look for Recovery Support section of BL and especially the Sober Living sub-forum.