• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Adderall Overdose - need to talk it through

Rian79

Greenlighter
Hi guys,

So I?m currently at the point where I?m trying figure out my dosage.

My psychiatrist started me with 5mg pills and said I should increase my dose by 5 until I found the dose that helped.

So I ended up realizing that taking four 5mg (20mg) is what makes me feel the effect. (5, 10 and 15 did nothing -I really have an attention problem)

I read somewhere that some individuals take up to 60mg, and like an idiot I thought that meant per dose, not per day.

So here I am, taking 20mg at 4 to 5 hour intervals, thinking I?m on the lower half of the spectrum.

Usually I?ll do this twice during the work day and everything is fine. (Been doing that for two weeks now with no issues or symptoms at all) - However one day (yesterday), work got so busy I literally started at 8am and planned to work through the night. Long story short I took 4 doses total throughout the day and by 10pm was at 80mg - that last dose took me over the edge and I overdosed.

So now my questions:

For anyone who has experienced this - about how long until you felt 100% ok? I experienced fast heart rate, high blood pressure, a hazy mind, and then later started getting these very annoying yet fleeting pings of pain in my abdomen.

I stayed over night at the hospital, Now everything else is gone but the small pings are lingering. (Didn?t get an IV or anything)

Did you experience symptoms into the next day?

Question 2: plan to give myself a break and maybe start and end with just one or two spaced out doses of 20mg in a day and never go past that - but how long should I wait?

Thank you guys in advanced.

I highly doubt you need to freakout because they give you a iv for just about anything. I am no doctor but i think the iv they give you so they can quickly give you a medication. So, if they didnt even bother setting up a iv that to me sounds like they werent too worried.

I take 55 mg perday

I believe the dose range is 5 mg to 60mg with 5-30 mg being more common.

If your using it twice per week id try just 20 mg once before work

Or

If everyday checking with your doctor slowly increasing your dose

You will be fine but you should stop taking adderall for least a week or two if you want a swift recovery.

If you plan on dosing twice a day at 20mg with no tolerance then you should wait at least 5-7 hours in between doses if you are using an instant release formula. Don't exceed 40mg a day, at least not with no tolerance.

Fortunately it takes a massive dose of amphetamine to kill a healthy human. Unfortunately the experience starts to get very unpleasant at doses far below the amount it would take to kill you, as you've found out the hard way. If you are the kind of person that keeps taking pills impulsively then you should seriously consider if adderall is right for you. Maybe only take with you as many pills as you'll need for the day and leave the rest at home.

I literally did grams of meth every day for a few months before my overdose.

I would suggest not chasing that aw moment and feeling tweaked. This drug is so potent it?s legal meth.

While you?re still ahead try to take as prescribed. The of will only last a few hours than the comedown will last a few days.

Nothing like benzos but it?s still something to use with caution.

I haven?t done meth in years so I couldn?t really gauge what it?s doing to you.

Just try to do it as prescribed and don?t chase the dragon.

Thanks

Should I stay away from caffeine for s while too?

Has anyone found that Adderall doesn?t effect them the same way afterward? (Like a lower dosage will create adverse effects) ?

It?s been a couple of days and the muscles aches stopped yesterday.

I?ve read maybe activated charcoal can help

activated charcoal is only used in the acute stages of a poisoning because it absorbs the drugs in your stomach so they won't enter your bloodstream.

Last edited: